Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brrr Friday 12/15

Morning..I am ok this morning I guess..

I got home from dinner with my dad last night and checked my email only to find an email from one of the pastors of my church...a good friend of mine was in killed in a car accident yesterday morning very early...then later when I talked to my lead pastor and asked what happend I found out that it appears that he did it on purpose...no one saw this coming at all. :"(

Work yesterday was really good..I was completely done with my whole area by 945. I was so proud of myself and others were proud too.

Morning! Still dark out but I am up early to get moving. Seems I am always on the go but doing more wheel spinning than actually moving forward. Have a doctors appointment this morning then will pick up a big roast for Italian Beef and a ham for Christmas. Hoping this will be my last trip home for a while.

Saw the surgeon yesterday and will not be released until my voice is back to normal. I have been raspy and hoarse and thought it was due to a cold or something but my throat is still swollen and bruised according to the doctor and that probably explains why it is still sore. Back to driving myself which I have been able to do but it is nice to not only have a driver but a bag hauler!! Yesterday Sierra and I did a big grocery shopping and if a big blizzard came in and buried us for a week I could make Christmas dinner! After I get the ham this morning....

Paula used your idea and the Christmas tree has been teepeed! Jon really went down memory lane and dug out is inner teenager! So last night we threw toilet paper at our Christmas tree...the things you do for a kid ! Andrew should be surprised....I know we had fun. That was the best idea ever! As a grand finale we will use Darla's balloon idea next week.

Beth sorry about your friend. It is a sad, hard loss no matter the reason.

So I am up early to do something and just sit here thinking about another cup of coffee. Have pork streaks to throw into the crock pot and will bake a potato. Still need to get Andrew shopping for his dad...where is the time going? If I were more organized I would be saying ho ho ho and not AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good morning.
      I’’m very sorry to hear that you lost a good friend, Beth.
      Other than that, it sounds like you had a pretty good day yesterday. I hope today will be good for you, too.

Today we’’ll pack our suitcase and car, and drive up to Phoenix. We will see our son for dinner this evening.
      Am hoping that when we leave, the highway traffic won’’t be too bad.
      I’’m really looking forward to seeing our kids.
      I’’m sure that the time will fly by. This weekend it’ll be a bit cooler in Phoenix than here in Tucson. E wants us to wear our funny tee shirts. I’m thinking of taking sweaters. But then we won’’t be out in the weather, since all the kids will be visiting us at the hotel. We don’’t want to deal with the kind of traffic they have, especially during the holidays. You wouldn’t believe some of the stunts they pull, and I think quite a few of them are drunken decisions.....and holidays suggest drinks to celebrate, any time, anywhere. Right? Like the guy who drove ON the yellow line (using the lanes going in both directions), about 30 miles over the speed limit, for about 3/4 of a block, and executed a left turn without slowing down. It’s really crazy there.

Well, that’s about it today. Just a matter of getting through the traffic safely.

Hope you have a great day. Stay warm! ☀️
      Last edited by JoGee; 12-15-2017, 08:37 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning to all....been cleaning out a pantry closet this morning, the one that has crockpots, waffle irons, pressure cookers, plastic containers, etc...it was a mess, but now I can at least find something already told hubby after Christmas I will be cleaning out drawers and closets, such a mess they are again.. going to do like I would if I was moving..

Yesterday ended up being an almost disaster, got a phone call about 8:45 a.m. from the Drs. office wondering if I was okay seems my appt. for my infusion was yesterday and I had it wrote down wrong in the calendar, I checked, it was my fault...so they worked me in at 1:00 p.m. which was better because the roads I usually take were really nasty...so I spent from 1:00 to 4:30 getting an infusion, came home and hubby and I went out for a steak dinner...of course I brought half of it home so will have it today for lunch...we went to Texas Roadhouse...

So today I will do laundry and dust and try and get a grocery list made out for the holidays coming up...

Beth sorry about the loss....Maxie your Dr. knows best so continue to heal, tell everyone to behave so you don't have to talk as much, LOL...so glad your family is having so much fun with the Elf on the Shelf...think it is a great way to bring families together and remember what it is like to enjoy each other..

JoG, safe travels and enjoy your family time, find the positive in it all and the reason for the season...No expectations...

I have already told the hubby I have no expectations for the holidays, let the cards fall where they may...

Time to find some breakfast, hubby's back has him down this morning so I will cook for him, have a great day one and all..
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning and thankful it is Friday!

so sorry Beth for your loss. Very hard to deal with at any time, but Christmas just seems so much harder. It is hard to understand the pain someone must have been in that suicide seemed their only way out. Prayers for the family and all his friends for comfort and support.

Maxie, I hear parents every day talk about what they are doing to keep that elf moving! We discuss every day what is happening in the homes with elves.

I have to hurry up and get into the daycare. I didn't do much at the end of the day and need to straighten a few things. It was just a hard day by the time it was over.
          Pray for good flying for Christmas, please. weather for Becky. She sure ended her semester with flying colors! Her final paper in one class was 96/100 and the second class 100/100%! the comments the professor made on the paper were wonderful including a PS: you are ready for grad school! Made Becky's day and mine!

Hope you all listen to the doctor's orders and if not on a doctor's list right now: listen to Aunt Maye! She will keep us all on the right path!

Comment

Well, people, this last birthday was the biggest jinx ever and I vow to never have another. From now on I will stay at age 40...no more of this 70 crap! I now have an appointment with a cardiologist. More blood work and on from there. The heart abnormality shows past damage but I do not know when or where. So either I am one tough old bird or that ekg is so wrong but I will go like a little lamb and have it all checked out. Birthdays are bad for your health!!

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X