X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 12/12

First of all sending - HUGS to

jostoy - Bronchitis ( ugly mess)

BarbCA - too many falls, cuts and brusing (so grateful she didn't break anything)

JoGee - surgery for bile stones

maxie - healing after surgery

Y'all, we are falling apart one Rounder body part at a time. Cant' help but think back to the days when we had over 25 Rounders here on a daily basis - all young and healthy.

Sad we have dwindled so, but more joyous knowing that we connected with such lovely people.

Well, road trip for us today to Texarkana to see dentist. Lunch out! Yay!

Hope you all have a good day.

(Janet, thanks for the lovely phone conversation. Made me very happy.)

Good SNOWY Morning! Just the pretty kind, not the dangerous road kind.

Yesterday was super busy. We got a lot done, but there is always more to do. There is this word that I don't use enough.....NO!!!! We iced about 30 doz sugar cookies and that still isn't enough, so I baked 5 more doz last night & we'll be icing them this morning. I baked 12 mini loaf breads....pumpkin and banana nut. Made more brownie cups and those dang mini cheese cakes.

I've decided next year that if someone wants something special that's not on the list, they have to order a minimum of 3 doz. This is crazy making 5 doz so that I can fill an order for 1 doz. I know, I could make a half a batch, but I might as well make the whole thing & use the rest on trays.

Had to take a break and go to DG to pick up some kitty food and a couple other supplies....oil, PB, milk. Then the restaurant called and ordered 3 pies, which I normally have in the freezer, but don't at this point, so I've got to make those too. Two more weeks, and then I can relax. Terrible to be wishing away life. It's my own fault, but I do enough it, just not so much of it.

This morning is doing finishing touches and packaging. I'm hoping to get at least one dbl batch of the nut horn cookies made & baked. I need 2 dbl batches, but I don't have the time today because I'm taking Blaise to his first counseling session after school. Will probably get dinner at Arby's for us. Need to stop at Aldi's too. Come home & bake some more. Getting close, but until I'm there, I'm a bit anxious.

Have a good one all!!!!! Glad to see you Barb!!!! Hugs to those healing. Please let us know how you are JoG!!!!

Comment

Good Morning Elaine, I second your thoughts about us falling apart...was funny when I first starting with the Rounders and such I considered myself 'young' but now not so much, LOL...this will be my year for social security not looking forward to the hassle of finding insurance...and yes, miss so many that use to come by, say hello let us know how they are doing, etc. it was our only social networking pretty much then but now we have Facebook, which don't get me wrong I really like it..I can type hit enter and it is there..

Got my frosting colors all mixed and ready to frost cut out cookie, got the gingerbread boys/girls done yesterday...I was going to also be dipping Oreo truffles today but it was my first time making them and the filling turned out like mud, to much processing.. the balls are in the freezer but I don't think they will be very good, wish I had gotten some white chocolate to dip them with..

Need to get started on making a grocery list for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day foods, also an overnight breakfast casserole..

Well sure hope everyone is on the mend with their sicknesses and those that are having surgery....my thoughts and prayers are with you...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the way it is with that Oreo truffle filling. You chill it, then roll the balls, freeze, then dip. They will be GREAT!

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Donna good to know that is how they are supposed to be, LOL

Good morning flying through! Running behind this morning but I didn't not want to come this morning!

Comment

Morning. Cold and sunny but will warm up a but this afternoon. Warmed up nice yesterday. Sierra and I both got our haircuts yesterday and I feel like a new person. We were running late for some reason (the girl drives faster than I do so how we were late is still a mystery) so I did not stop at the market for meat. Have an appointment with the doctor for my 'abnormality' Friday so will go then. Will pick up the Christmas ham then too. My sister and niece are coming this morning for a visit and then we will go out for lunch before they head to the mall. Sierra is joining us and I have to say I have enjoyed her the last couple of days. She has been very accommodating with driving me and even volunteered to go with me Friday as a second ear. We are talking free and easy and it is nice for once to not be on guard.

Andrew has been an absolute doll and so into this Christmas stuff. He and his dad wrapped his gift for me and Sierra and they are under the tree...black trash bags full of tape. I love it!! Sierra ask if he told me what he got her and I said no because he got us the same thing. He still needs a shopping trip for his dad and I want Sierra to go with us to make it an event. She just does not realize that these days will be gone soon. He also ask if we were going to decorate cookies. Since that will be all we bake this year I had better get a plan together. I am really in the mood for gingerbread cookies so may see if she will bake a batch of those with me.

Need to hide the Elf and get a roast in the crock pot. Want to mop the bathroom floor and need to dress. Looking forward to my lunch and wish I had the energy to shop with them.

We certainly are a falling apart group! Hopefully most of us are dealing with inconveniences and not major issues. I'm off and running..or creeping or maybe even standing still but my brain is making plans!

Comment

good morning! And second all the get better wishes Elaine posted!
          Waking up reading Barb's and went to bed after reading JoG's...so glad Jo's doctor was on it and so glad Barb did not break anything. My mom's wrist fracture is something that will never be the same. jBe careful out there, Everyone!

Not much going on today. I got paid in cash by two people yesterday and need to go to the bank today. One should be bringing a check today, so hopefully, I can get to the bank after daycare before they close.

Hope you all have a good day; we all stay upright and able to smile though whatever comes our way, although, I'm with you, Barb: I don't do well dealing with drunks...

Comment

Working...
          X