Thursday Oct 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Oct 12th

Good Morning! Thought I'd get this started before my day goes haywire.

Yesterday was pumpkin roll day. Sue & I made a dozen. She had never made them herself and never had tasted mine, so that she could sell them, I had her make & taste them. After she left, I headed into town to deliver the pie to the doctor's office....warm pumpkin. Picked up a few supplies, then headed home. Just kept plugging along. I roasted the 4 large pork roasts for next week's homeless shelter dinner, got it shredded, & sauced, they put into the freezer. Another thing checked off my to do list.

Ordered my Mom's Christmas gift yesterday. An oversized card table. She loves to do puzzles, and I thought this might be nice. That's going to take a lot of paper! I did get all the other gifts that I have already wrapped the other night. That's so a little snooper can quit snooping, plus I'm always overworked at that time of year. I don't have everything yet, but probably 75% of it is done.

This morning is Bible study, then home to do whatever needs mixed up and done. Saturday is the Women's Conference at our church, and I'm in charge of the lunch. We are having a salad bar & a dessert table with a variety of my goodies. I've got the salad stuff organized. Now I have to finish up the dessert stuff.

Have a good one all!

Good Morning to all...a bit on the chilly side this morning but at least we don't have the fog we have been having...a tragic accident this week, head on collision, man 72 yrs. old killed because of a drunk driver 40 yrs. old....head on collision and both vehicles went up in flames on impact and people who saw the accident stopped and were able to pull both drivers from their vehicles...so dang sad and such a needless death....between drinking and cellphones so many tragedies..and a semi that hit the back of a vehicle as they were pulling in their driveway, killed their 20 month old daughter...semis really scare me in how fast and close they come to a persons rear end.

Today is the retires luncheon for hubby's former workplace, don't really enjoy them because of the type of speakers they have, but go for him...this might change before long, tired of doing things I do not enjoy, LOL...

Got the hot dog chili sauce made yesterday that I am taking to family reunion, made Salisbury steak for supper, now today I will be making the pineapple upside down cupcakes to take to the family reunion...never made them before but from the picture they look and sound good, will make them early enough that if they do not turn out I have time to make something else...

Should have the results of my lung scan today also...but told hubby if the number comes up for my Dr. to not answer, will call next week..

Time for bathroom duties so will come back and read later...

Tootles to all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      You never said how it went this weekend at Grandpa's place, or did I miss it? Did your SIL behave herself?

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I want to know too. How did it go at Grandpa's?

Good Morning .

feeling better this morning .. altho the back still has a very very sore "spot.. probably pulled the muscle when trying to set up ( after the shampoo at Beauty saloon).. David has Cardiologist appt.. Yearly checkup.. but I'm sure Dr was notified that he was in ER. and all information about that is on computer that he will have access to in his office.. he can checkout the meds the PCP has prescribed and add or subtract to the pile... alto the problem was not the heart it was "hypertension.".. but thats a 9.30.. and he is mostly close to being on time... then we will go shopping ...

Great Grandson has 2nd birthday party on Sat. so must shop for "something .
    Made soup and pie for Shawna, they stopped to pick it up in the afternoon,, and I got to hold that Great Grandbaby girl.. for 1/2 hr.. she is sweet. and so far doing great.. what a treat that was!

Donna,, don't use paper. buy a Sheet or a table cloth.to wrap your Moms table in.

I must get moving , dressed . ready to out the door when the man,,,,who like to be at Drs. 1/2 hr early ,,, wants to leave ..see you later

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      Good ideas! I was checking out table clothes, but they wouldn't cover the entire box. Still may get one though & buy a sheet as the wrapping "paper".

Good morning..got a text from my parents late yesterday that they were on their way over...they are meeting the carpenter at 9. We might have lunch before they head home. fingers crossed...

Tonight I am going to dinner at Pasta house with friends.

Thats my day

Comment

Good Morning.

Donna, what a great gift! And Janet, such a good idea for wrapping. We are through with Christmas gifts. No giving or receiving anymore.

Cool weather here. In fact, got cold last night.

Nothing planned except gathering trash.

Bought a rotisserie chicken Monday, and so far had had (1) just the chicken (2) chicken and dressing (3) chicken and dumplings, and today will be (4) chicken enchiladas. $7 chicken, 4 meals for 2, that figures to $.875 cents a meal. Whoopie!

Well, hope everyone has a very good day. Hugs to All ~ ~ ~

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Well I got the curtains changed out. Had to iron the ones I put up and the ones that were up, got them washed and put away. After that I changed my front room furniture around for the winter. While doing that, I decided to mop the floor. Well that went so well that I decided to move the furniture out in the other rooms, and get those floors all mopped good and clean.

​Today, will do some grocery shopping at 2 stores here in town. The 17th, we get a 3rd store. Rulers are opening and I can't wait. They sell Kroger brand items. I use to always stop in Olney while on my way to the Lake at Flora. Now I'll have Rulers right here in town.

Hope all have a wonderful day.

I believe . . .
        that it isn't always enough to be
        forgiven by others. Sometimes you
        have to learn to forgive yourself.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning Rounders, don't know what today will bring.

Dr called yesterday, won't see him/her too end of November. Told them right off the bat, no insurance, no income so we will see what they come up with.

Donna, maybe use a couple table clothes so she can change them out.

Comment

Yay! It is Thursday and that is my Friday...for this work week. My mom's surgery went well and I took over some beef stew to her that a friend just happened to bring to me! They aren't on my facebook so they didn't know about her surgery but it sure was helpful to me and she liked it a lot.

It is my Friday because tomorrow I don't have to work and will be going to Sacramento around noon to meet with two friends from college and enjoy a great conference. There is never any real sales plugs for books or music, but I am going to buy some gifts, I know.

Donna and Maye, the ideas for Donna's mom's gift are great! I love tablecloths so anything wrapped in one or a new sheet would be awesome.

Jostoy, kyour saying today is so true! We cut others a lot more slack than we do ourselves at times.

Sharon, your food always makes me want to cook up something yummy. Salisbury steak is a favorite but I seldom make it with just the two of us. Freezer meals is the way I should be thinking.

Elaine, I love using rotisserie chicken for all kinds of meal. Chicken salad in a spinach wrap is one of our favorites. And Becky doesn't mind pulling all the chicken off the bones! win/win!

Have a good day and hope it is filled with kindness!

Comment

I am laughing about 4 meals off one rotisserie chicken. Around here that measly little chicken wouldn't have lasted 1 minute on my table! LOL! Yesterday they made short work of a meatloaf and tonight is spaghetti in meat sauce...did not feel like making up meatballs yesterday. Andrew was shoveling in mashed potatoes and I ask him if he needed a bigger shovel...I swear his table manners have gotten worse and I know it disrupts a meal by criticizing but, darn it, at least hold your utensils correctly. You learn manners at home! When he came up for air he informed us he had been sent to the principles office for a bus incident. Seems someone left a wad of gum on the seat and since it was his assigned seat he got reported. 'so did you leave a wad of gum on the bus seat? "If I left gum it would be under the seat". Okey then...is that what you told the principle? "Nay, he was pretty cool about it and I think he thought the bus driver was nuts". So guess that is said and over.

Cold again today but sun is suppose to peak out later then warm up into the 90s Saturday. Record breaking heat they say for one day. No biggie...I don;t have any winter clothes anyway.

I did not do homework again last night but there was no math just spelling. Tonight is the night of heavy spelling study so will see how that goes for dear old dad. He is not happy doing homework but I gotta admit going to bed without a stress headache does not suck! Tonight is another hockey game and I will be enjoying it without the after effects of homework! There is also a large grocery list on the table that I am not shopping with. They keep adding stuff and wonder if they will notice no one is shopping? There is also an over flowing waste can in the kitchen...wonder if anyone will take it out soon? This one man strike I am on may not make any changes around here but may let a few people realize I am not the maid or substitute teacher. I am not the wife or mom...do for yourselves.

Jostoy, I love Ruler. I do not buy every brand and still do need a Shop and Save trip on occasion but for the most part I love that store! Oh, Donna your house must smell yummy! I thought I had a good handle on Christmas but you have me beat. Andrew is a snooper so I also wrap early. Sharon are you taking your camper this weekend? Guess it has heat if you need it? Maye hope the doctor trip turns out ok. Beth you pick the yummiest places to eat! enjoy your Thursday all...may do some ironing around here but not much else.

Comment

Good morning.
                I’m late to getting up today, but didn’t sleep through the night.

* Cookie, sounds like you’ve had a really busy day. And what a great gift for your mom! I like the wrapping idea, too.
                * Sharon, I love chili dogs. How do you make your CHILI SAUCE?
                * Maye, hope both you and David are doing better! Lucky you, getting to hold that new GGD!
                * Beth, enjoy your parents’ visit.
                * Elaine, we don’t do a big Christmas any more. At best, just little token gifts or box of candy. We gave the things we need, and still need to give away the excess.
                I used to cook a whole chicken that made for 3 meals for 7 of us; we had 5 kids from preschool age to high school. It was chicken dinner with veggies and taters, soup with noodles the next night, and casserole the 3rd night.
                * Jostoy, I never heard of Rulers....am still waiting for Aldis to cross the Mississippi!
                * Hey Darla. Good luck with the doctor.
                * Paula, enjoy your short work week. 😉 I always try to cook enough to put a few meals’ worth into the freezer! If I have a busy day, they’re a Boone to me. E try’s to stock a few favorite frozen dinner meals in the freezer, too....just in case.
                * Maxie, I love meat sauce on my spaghetti. Much quicker and easier to make! That’s funny about Andrew and the gum. I thought people only put gum under the seats at the movies.

I’ve no real plans for today. We ran errands yesterday. E dropped off my old computer that had quit working (he’s been using it a lot more than I have). I looked at laptops.....can’t handle one much bigger than my iPad, as my hands get to hurting. Thanks, Arthur!. So E ordered it for me .... it’s another Mac for me. The guys at the store called, and the old Mac won’t release any data at all. E has his own laptop, so the desktop one won’t be missed that much, I guess.

So not much new to report here, other than that.

Have a great day, everyone!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

just saying hi using my surface which I almost forgotten about need to work on this more tpmorrow

Comment

Working...
                  X