Tuesday 10/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 10/10

Good stormy morning...working this morning not sure about my afternoon...will try to watch part of cubs game...hoping for another win to eliminate the washington nationals

I am supposed to go one last time this evening to build the last round of bunk beds and deliver them to those that have asked or them....that up in the air due to weather.

Work yesterday was bad yesterday but not as horrible as it could have been. The customers that encountered for the most part were pretty much decent and ok...there was juast a ton of them.

Good Morning.

Super windy and cold today.

Church homecoming on Sunday kept me busy in the morning, and then company in the afternoon complicated things.

Two dr appts yesterday, so I have been busy.

Today I'm not budging. Will make chicken and dumplings for lunch and then whatever is in the refrig for supper.

Hope all is well with everyone. I need to take some time to catch up here.

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

good morning,

having trouble getting started this morning ... sleepyhead...reading and dozing... finally pushed myself out of recliner.. got dressed and started a load of laundry.. and a cup of strong coffee...
      I have appointment to get a haircut.. most of the time I trim hair myself and Karen does the neckline.. but it is now in need of a "shaping" everywhere.. so will get it done by beautician.. probably won't like .... today's Beauticians depend on using products to style and shape..the hair cuts. and, sadly, I am allergic to the smell and some of the chemicals in the sprays.. but it will still be fun and nice to have someone mess around with my hair.. .. and I always hope for the best...
      Bethina,, big DEEP breath , and relax,, do your job at work , ignore comments and such .and smile at customers, ( they pay your wages ).

better get the rest of messed up house organized..breakfast dishes. pick up all stuff "laying around".

I will return to read .. so Hi to all of you . yes, I'm still walking on cloud nine about Elise,, want to make something to take to Shawna's for a meal,

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Aunt Maye great advice for Beth....and about beauticians, last time I got my hair done I was so upset, I know my hair, I am a beautician, I know what it will and will not do when being colored, etc..oh no, they have all the 'new and latest' products, not like it use to be, no it certainly isn't, everyone was so surprised to see me with a shade of red hair, why, because they have new products, LOL Wish I could do my own after having the carotid surgery its a weird thing with breathing when I have my arms and hands over my head for any length of time.

Good morning....once again I was AWOL, why? would you believe pneumonia again. Yes running temp, chills, sick to my stomach, got a lung scan yesterday...nothing the lung Dr. can do except he wants to put me on antibiotics every time, but that creates a worse problem, CROHNS flare...I see my gastro Dr. in MI on the 26th and we need to have a discussion on what and how to take care of this, I already take 4 meds for it and it is not working...I can eat and even 2 1/2 hrs. later dose off sitting up and will have reflux and it goes into my lungs..and then I will for sure have pneumonia...this is causing damage to my lungs...

Okay enough belly aching, today so far has been better, no temp, going to be real careful on food and such.

Was good to see Nalani check in, I tell you getting older sure has its ups and downs...my calendar just keeps getting fuller and fuller of notations for Dr. appts.

Hubby went up to MI today to help son with electric to his new pole barn, he is very lucky to have such a good Father that is knowledgeable on so many things and can help him, while son is learning also.

I plan on trying to do a bit of laundry, nothing to strenuous, besides that maybe a run to the grocery to get a few things to make hot dog chili sauce, we have a family reunion on my Mom's side in KY this weekend and hot dogs is the main course so they said bring sides that go with hot dogs....also going to make those upside down pineapple cupcakes..

Well now one and all, value your friends, family, and others, be nice, not rude, take the time to listen even if you aren't interested and it doesn't pertain to you or you could care less, remember, they listen to you for the same reason at times..Life is short so live it wisely...Have a great day one and all, enjoy the small things that make big things in the scheme of things.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

It is a wet morning here also. The heaviest of storms missed us but we did get some wind and rain. But most importantly....all the railings are painted! Jon's weekend off is coming up and he will work on the lattice. Can I possibly be seeing an end?

Beth have no idea what the cubs have been doing. Haven't been interest at all and not heart one score of any post season. But if you wanna know how the Blues are doing I can tell you...they played yesterday afternoon and again tonight. And they are playing great!

Sierra just sent a text..yes the girl is here, home, in her bed and send me texts or calls me...but anyway. We are going to run home to pick up a script for her, me to cash a check and then lunch at the Mexican place. I need hamburger so will stop at my old store. Was going to put on a pot of chili but will just make a batch of quick spaghetti. This unexpected trip throws my day off but guess I can bend for Mexican.

Elaine you are so busy...don't you just collapse when you finally sit? Nothing new new from here just old stuff finally getting done. Went to change out my closet and could not find any winter clothes but a handful. Really worried me that someone had taken my warm clothes until I remembered that I did some purging last Spring. Now I have no clothes...guess a trip to walmart for flannel shirts and sweatpants is on tap. Yep, I am a snazzy dresser!

Looks like more rain for today and cooler weather until the weekend when we will back to 87. Fall is having a tough time settling in around here...

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Well Maxie of course you will see an end, well of this round anyways, LOL

Good morning! Tuesday means we got through Monday, so we must be doing something right!

Maxie, I usually have 5-6 children and I don't need an aide unless I go over the state allowed numbers. I can have two extra children by myself as long as they are school kids, so when theya re out of school that is why I have a few more. I have had larger numbers in the past when my husband was alive and when Becky wasn't in college...now I look around the space and ask Where did I put them all??? I do not want to hire anyone so I could add kids; too much paperwork to do it legally and too much stress to pay under the table!

I am excited about my weekend to Sacramento but nervous about driving downtown to the hotel...for awhile I was considering parking at the airport and getting the shuttle into town....but I studied Google maps and it is just one exit and then a straight drive to the hotel and Spencer told me it will be easy to get back to the freeway (I hate One Way streets, which the hotel is on!), so I am going to do it. Driving down by myself but I will be taking my friend back to the airport when we leave so there will be two of us to navigate our way out.
        Can I just say I am a country mouse?

I hope you all have a good day and feel better, Sharon!

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula, I hope you have a wonderful time in Sacramento, you will do fine..I detest one way streets also. I am a country mouse also, I love small town USA.

Good morning.

Got back from the Lake yesterday afternoon. Got the camper all closed up for the winter. Will have to go back to rake and burn leaves, if they ever get off the trees.

​Depending on how cold it gets the last of the month, I may still stay overnight in it come the 29th. We leave very early for Branson on the 30th. If it's a little to cold, I will stay at the motel in Flora. One thing for sure, I won't be driving from home at 3 in the morning.

​Got a load of laundry in the washer. I managed to get the other 2 loads done Sunday after Church and before I left for the Lake. So I guess I better get up and get busy around here.

Everyone have a good day.

I believe . . .
        that just because someone doesn't love
        you the way you want them to doesn't
        mean they don't love you with all they have.
        You have to decide if that is enough.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Well as usual jostoy is busy, busy, busy...You trip is coming up soon...I loved it in Branson would have loved it more had I not been so bad with Crohns, so there for hubby and I need to do it again..

Good chilly morning. Have a load of towels in the washer. Nothing else planned.

Everyone have a wonderful day

Comment

Good morning.
          Did you read or hear about the fires happening in N California? More than a dozen raging. I can’t recall all the areas it listed. Caused by the dry, windy conditions there. This occurring and the last hurricane (Nate) barely finished in the Gulf Coast! Wow.

Not much going on here. Stuff to get done ...... that never ends, does it! Am hoping to hear from our youngest DD today...or soon. She apparently is on meds dealing with depression, possibly breast cancer, they didn’t say for sure. Her hubby is helping her look for new, hopefully better doctors. This, and she is holding a job in the computer/telecommunications business that adds to her pressures. Probably doesn’t help that she’s also about to face “empty nest syndrome” which can be both a curse and a blessing. My kids left one at a time, but hers are leaving together.

Sharon, I hope you get to feeling good very soon. I love your outlook on life. Have a good trip.
          Joystoy, hope your trip is a good one too.
          Beth, one thing at a time, one customer at a time. Relax! It’s not so bad then.
          Elaine, you’re too busy. But it can’t be helped.

To all, have a very good day.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• determined
            determined commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, I think Judy's son has been displaced by these fires

Home already..had a leisurely lunch..the girl opens up with food so caught up on some things in her life but she is careful not to reveal much. We just cannot go this boyfriend and he has a long way to go before we will even consider he might be a member of the human race. I dunno, maybe we hate the way he has totally monopolized her although I do not think he is controlling. But who knows..do know I will have my teeth ground to dust if he hangs around.

Put on a pot of chili before we left this morning so supper is ready. Hockey starts at 6 and I have no intention of doing homework so should have a headache free night.

Sharon I have never heard of your problem but it makes sense...just take care. I understand what you mean about working with dad. Jon was beginning to work as an adult with his dad and learn things. His dad could do anything he set his mind to but needed to learn from my dad. I feel sorry that the boys missed an adult relationship with their dad. Holy Cow, Jostoy you always do more than anyone and then even post inspirational sayings. I really enjoy them!

JoGee sorry your daughter is going through all this. I do know we enjoyed having the boys gone for the short time we had it. Now I cannot imagine being alone! Maye I do enjoy haircut day. Would never consider doing it myself! Is Shana home from the hospital already. They sure do not keep them long. Paula you must have the patience of a saint. 5-6 kids every day would wear on my nerves. If I missed anyone just remember I didn't do it on purpose. Sierra has curled up for a nap before school so may do the same. It is rainy and a perfect day to sleep the afternoon away!

Comment

Darla, are you talking about Judy Garcia’s son?
            I just sent a note to another Judy in our family asking about her son!
            Our iPads here are going nuts this morning, so nothing much will surprise me today.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• determined
              determined commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes Jo, she posted today that he is back home and the only damage was the mess from his freezer thawing out.
          Working...
          X