Monday September 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday September 18

Good Morning. Gonna be a bad day, woke up at 430 my ankle cramping, now spasms going down my back, and both hips are letting themselves be known. It is stormy here so arthritis is acting up.

Have another Dr appointment this morning. AFIB was acting up Friday, so he wants to do another EKG today.

I am feeling pretty horrible this morning with what I think is Allergies..could be strep? If not better tomarrow I will go to the doctor....I am not wanting to call in because we are short staffed and some of the people that have been hired are not catching as quickly as hoped...I don't have much to say it took me a bit to catch on but once I did catch on I did.

Errands laundry and pizza are the plan for the rest of day after work.

Comment

Good Morning.

Darla, hope all goes well for you today.

beth, the pizza part of your day sounds good, at least.

Well, we have been trying to trap a cat that is terrorizing our cat. Now that we have caught him, what next? It will be interesting to see how this unfolds today.

Cancer center for us this afternoon. Have steak, rice, carrots, cake ready for lunch.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Those darn feral cats can be terrorizing...have a few here also...

Good Morning to all....was a busy but very fun weekend camping and at my sisters house...the fish fry was awesome around forty people there...kept me busy helping my sis and bro in law...everyone made me feel so good about my homemade strawberry pie anyone that ate a piece was raving about it and asking, "who made that strawberry pie", I guess even though I was sick I can still make a good pie crust and pie...what I have a hankering for is a homemade butterscotch pie just might have to make one today to take with us...doing some laundry, changing sheets on the bed, going to the grocery store, then making a few things and restock the motorhome to take off again tomorrow morning...heading to Macinaw Island, MI, everyone says the bridge to get there is crazy long...so wish me luck my fear factor doesn't kick in to badly or I will have to close my eyes and miss it all.. Will be gone until Sunday, it will be my sis and bro in law, and three others, so let the fun begin AGAIN!! Take care, see you when I return...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like a wonderful trip. I love traveling with family. Have a great time!

Beth strep is going around here but allergies are also bad in this area so stay on top of your health. We finished the first coat on the porch yesterday. Sierra came out and took my brush and did quite a bit of painting with her dad. My back is so sore! We also went and did a big grocery shopping so should have food through tomorrow morning! Chance of showers today (we missed yesterdays entirely) so I will give my back a break and clean up inside.

Sierra told me her dad told her he expected her to be home more often since his over time would be picking up and he wanted to make sure I had help with Andrew's homework. I thought that was nice of him until I thought again and maybe he just doesn't want to come in at night to two dead bodies and a math paper between them. Possible...very possible.

Well, the Cards lost the series to the Cubs and I am so disappointed. Rioters are still rioting in St.Louis and around here St. Louis is our go place for doctors, entertainment plus I have a lot of family living there. Last night they were downtown and I know downtown so well. Worked there many years ago and have a nephew that lives downtown in the revitalization. He was sending pictures of them marching by his apartment. He has guarded enclosed parking and lives high up but it still curtails his travel in and out. I agree most are peaceful protesters but those few that are causing the damage, why? It must be fun to them because it is accomplishing nothing but more dislike and distrust among the neighborhoods.

Elaine you are always so together with your meals and doctor trips. What did you do with the extra cat? Saw on fb yesterday where my hometown furniture store had a squirrel in the window running the store. They sent people in with traps and nets then released him in the parking lot and he ran in the opposite direction of the store! Darla hope you get the aches and pains cared for and your doctor trip goes well. I am off to get some order restored in this house and decide what to do with these chicken breasts. These guys will eat most anything with a mashed potato beside it and Sierra will just plain eat most anything. Since I am not a fan of my own cooking I have a stash of goodies in my room so everyone is mostly content with eating. Have a wonderful day all. Suppose to rain but the sun is peeking out.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Summer has come back...about a month late.

Yesterday was good. Church & SS, then dropped off pies at the stand. Headed into town to pick up more mulch & dirt. Hopefully the last load for this year. I had talked to the lady at HD Saturday about what I wanted & she said she'd be coming in at noon on Sunday. I waited for her. She "found" 5 'ripped" bags and sold them to me at half price. I bought 14 total plus 10 bags of soil. Before getting it, I had stopped at Giant Eagle & picked up their sale items. My Escape was completely packed full.

Cork helped me unload everything, then we went to a garage sale I saw down the road when coming home. Picked up a couple books and 3 pr of earrings....all for $.50 each. Started some laundry and wanted to heat up the clothes left in the dryer to get rid of some of the wrinkles, only to find out the dry wouldn't heat up. Another repair job for Cork to do. Cooked him a big pan of spinach, tomato, & alfredo pasta for his lunches. Took Blaise to the first Kidz Club for the fall, only he came home & said he doesn't want to go again. We'll see.

This morning Sue & I did pie crusts for the week, or at least the better part of the week. Aunt J is coming to scoop lard after lunch. Blaise has soccer practice earlier tonight. Think the coach was a bit frustrated at Saturday's game. Blaise was not a very good sport and we had a discussion & threat if we see that behavior again. Will talk to the coach tonight & let him know what's going to happen.

Back to work.....have a good one all & safe travels Sharon.

Comment

Good morning.....
          Yesterday was a nice day. The show at Gaslight Theater was funny, our favorite old actor was back, actually, all the actors were excellent....except one, who grates on the nerves of E & nephew, and niece & I understand. I know I can ignore him pretty much, often I can just "tune out" annoying people. This actor is a scene stealer, and thinks everything is all about him. I think his parents are friends with the theater owners.

A new restaurant opened up in town. The Black Bear. I ordered fish & chips, and have enough for 3 meals out of it. E had a pot pie, which he loved....the only one of us 4 who didn't have leftovers. I am the only one who took leftovers home, including nieces broccoli & carrots. Wellllllll, I just can't let good stuff go to waste.

Today E has to go see his doctor and find out what his MRI showed, and how they'll treat his arm. He can't raise it more than a few inches.

And I'd better get moving. A few things to get done here, plus getting dressed.
          Hope you alll have a super-duper day. ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Tired here, overdid yesterday, achy and sore all over..forgot my limits, thinking that I could do just a bit more. Found out 3+ years ago that I have fibromyalgia and while I'm generally doing a lot better, I still need to pace myself. But that pace, i never know when it is going to change. Ugh! So 30 minutes at a easy walk on treadmill = 12 1/2 hours of sleep last night and a completely down day today.
            Getting ready to do so knitting...maybe...
            Hey it is I, noggie, nogs, noggins, aka Beverly

Comment

Good afternoon.

​Noggie, I'm with you about over-doing yesterday. I rarely do any work for myself on Sundays. But I figure I'm keeping the Sabbath Holy if I do for someone else who can't do the work. I raked up sticks for my neighbor who has cancer. With all the bending over and walking his big yard, I could hardly walk when it came time for Church.

I have not had anything for pain since my surgery in 2013. But after Saturday's work, I had to go to the drug store to get something. Also needed pain relief after yesterday's job. Got liquid Tylenol but couldn't take it until after Church last night.

Today has been a "do nothing" day except to run to a few places.

I believe . . .
              that it's taking me a long time
              to become the person I want to be.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Originally posted by jostoy View Post
                Today has been a "do nothing" day except to run to a few places.
                Gosh, that doesn't sound like a do nothing day. Take it easy!
                Hey it is I, noggie, nogs, noggins, aka Beverly

Comment

Good afternoon from daycare. Sorry I didn't have time to check in this morning.

Jo, Black Bear Diner is up around here, too. Not in my little town, but when I am in Redding it is one of the places that everyone seems to like.

It is a cooler day and that is why I hustled this morning to get some housework done before daycare and didn't get here.
                  You all are busy!
                  Stay healthy and happy.

Comment

Working...
                  X