Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday the 8th

Good morning .

I'm up bright ? and early... David and Katie Kat had a loud conversation at 5am.. and I though I might as well get up and get moving
    ... going to Donna's in a bit and make grease balls... that girl is using them faster than i can make them!. 'tis pie season,,,

Going to be an expensive week for us.. the # 1 car got all repair work and inspection done ,pick it up yesterday.,,big bill this time .. and then dropped off #2 car at the place that replaces mufflers.... however, the cars are a 1999 and a 2000... quite old as cars go.. both in decent shape. so well worth getting fixed yet.. cheaper than buying another car...

well , better get moving , will enjoy the chatting with Donna.

and for you all, I wish you a grandson like my Jacob... I had really done a job messing up my new computer and my printer/scanner... he stopped in late last evening and worked on both for 45 min...but all is fixed ...just hope I can keep from goofing again..

will be back to read all your posts later.. have a great day.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good morning was here a few minutes ago...but had to go see what Cori wanted she got between me and the computer screen. She is now in the other room and I am back..still not know what it was the kitty wanted....

I got my time approved for vacation in October..I am headed to Panama City Beach for a couple days...I wish Pat was still around to ask what I don't want to miss and that kind of thing.

Work has been crazy lately time consuming too.

After work late this afternoon I have a dentist appointment I am getting fitted for my partial. They will make the teeth to go on it once they know that the metal part fits. Usually done in the same day but I can't go until late in the day so I have to wait a couple more days.

Tonight I need to clean my bath room and bedroom.

I woke in the night wanting an egg sandwich made with a bagel thin..so I shall make those for my sister and I. we both love eggs from head to our toes..

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I just saw a show on hgtv that was in Panama City Beach and they talked about a Pier...I will go check it out and let you know!

Good morning everyone..
    I had morning chores to do...

I had to sweep the front porch..Had alot of leave from the storm..

My two kittys was trying to get me up early..They were playing under my bed..I was not getting up that early...
    I am glad we have one nice day..And doing to see the sun...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning....I think.
      I woke at 3-something, then 4-something. It's 5a.m. now. It's going to be a lonnnnnnng day. It's 71° already, going to 104° today. Plus the humidity is up.....so it's not a "dry heat". 😉
      E has somewhere to go today. I will have some rare alone time for a couple of hours or so. I really don't want to be out in the heat. It drains my energy.
      I think I'll go back to bed and get a catnap. I hate the nights that I wake several times, because I just don't feel rested.
      Hope today will be a really good one for everyone!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, another chilly one only 58 degrees, this is just ridiculous for August...swimming pool will not be getting the use it should get for sure...
        The guy was here yesterday to repair the ceiling for the 4th time lets hope it is the last time...since they went in attic and cut something loose that should not have been screwed together it will probably be okay won't know until winter when it would usually lift...

Don't know what my day holds do know that the real estate lady is keeping hubby busy already taking him here, there and everywhere getting him use to all that is required...I did not won't to be home alone all the time again, LOL...will be finding something to get me out and about.
        Bethina glad you got the time you wanted.
        Sassy I have to close my bedroom door at night because these two kitties want to wake me up at ungodly hours for attention....as it is at 6:00 a.m. they are outside the bedroom door meowing...

Maye hope it doesn't get to the point of them not being able to find parts needed for your car... everything is expensive nowadays..enjoy talking and making grease balls...

Time to read the news and get this day started, shower after the news for sure.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          boffler,.I could not close the door...Mine did..they were mad at me..I wash there quilt.....they want to come in...And to wake you up.."EARLY"..

Good Tuesday to you all!
        It is 74* outside and the last few days of just under 100* have made the pool much nicer! I am going out every morning and swimming for about 30 minutes...
        I have been noticing two little cats playing along the fence line when I am out swimming. Yesterday I went to the shed and opened it to put a box in and one of those cats was in there! Now I am worried they are feral and not just one of the neighbor's. I looked over the fence to where I thought they lived and it looks totally deserted. I do not want cat smell in my storage shed with all my boxes! I will be checking it out more today and hopefully, will see both cats outside and then see if I can secure the door better.
        I haven't done anything else this morning except fold sheets so I need to get going and put away some more laundry...when all the daycare towels and bedding gets washed up, it adds more loads and more finding space to put away. All the pool towels will be going back into storage next week, for the next summer break. When school starts that is when I say no more pool...for the daycare kids. I usually can swim until October...
        Hope your day runs smoothly, everyone!

Comment

Morning! Took Sierra to the mall and she is happy and then took Andrew shopping for his school supplies. Holy Cow!! Paper, towel, wipes, kleenex, and not just one of each but two and three. Then the supplies themselves. They requested double of everything I guess to supply the kids that can't and I understand that and we were in checkout behind a school teacher who was buying a case of notebooks and bags of folders. I ask if she was buying them herself and she said yes unless the PTO reimbursed her and she didn't know if even that would be full. Damn this state! Still no school funding and some schools start next week. Politicians sure have no view into the future...if you do not educate your kids what in the hell is going to happen down the road? Well, you knew I had to get a rant in there someplace. Anyway, Andrew is happy with his supplies and I sent him home with the jeans to try on and a couple of shirts that Penney's was almost giving away. A look at his feet hinted at new shoes soon and then a winter coat. I know his mom appreciates it and I like doing it. Although she was not happy seeing him come in drinking a Code Red at 9:00 last night! Sierra and I had a good time shopping and I even bought a couple pair of jeans for myself. She is in taking her final this morning for the on line class she took this summer and then will be on summer break...for two weeks! She took over in the supply aisle last night since she had his list on her phone. She told him what he needed and how many and worked out great. Today I am hoping to get in for a pedi and tomorrow I have a hair cut. Took both kids shopping yesterday AND cooked a meal last night so this is pamper grandma day. In the 50s here also this morning and I hate it...bet it will break heat records once school starts. Jon was saying last night how the pool got very little use this summer. If it warms at all I know Drew will jump in after school every day. Need to get my day started and have a head ache already forming between my eyes. Cardinals are on a roll and two months from yesterday the Blues season starts. OMG! Can you believe I have been all summer away from hockey? Have a super Tuesday...

Comment

Good Morning Rounders, well it is still morning. Walmart trip last night and we forgot a couple things we were going to get. Need a couple of containers, one smaller one for flour and a bigger one for oats, bought them at Sam's the other day and ended up with 2 fi e pound bags. I like oats plus use them in meatloaf and have some no bake cookies that call for them.

Comment

Good morning again. I did manage to get back to sleep and slept til almost 9! Wow. That's unusual for me, but it sure did feel good to get the extra sleep.

Maxie, I hear you about supporting schools, and totally agree. And let's go a step further, and keep qualified teachers on hire!!! Do you know that some extremely good teachers have had to quit and get jobs in other fields, because the schools couldn't pay them enough to support themselves? One wanted to get a small home, but figured out that she'd never be able to save up enough to afford that. She had an old car and meager wardrobe, but didn't want to live with parents forever; she was in no hurry to hurry up and get married in order to have "her own" living space.

The weather is really crazy. I can't believe how many of you in the eastern and Midwest states are commenting how cold it has gotten. The weather guys have tacked on a couple more triple-digit days out here, and in monsoon season we also have higher humidity. To think our hot weather had arrived early....frankly it seems reasonable if we start getting colder weather early. We will see.

I'm surprised that E is sleeping in so late today. I think I'll go ask him if he's dead. (He enjoys all sorts of humor, even sick humor.)
              ☕️🍩. Here's to a really good day!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is suppose to be out there somewhere. Yesterday was dreary ALL day...sucks the energy right out of ya.

Yesterday was very good. Before Sue arrived, I mixed up pie dough and got the peaches started. Once she came, we kicked butt! Got the peaches all made into filling, then rolled all the pie dough. We were smokin'! I then had to bake the pies for the stand. Cooked a semi-decent dinner for us. Sat down to watch TV with my guys, and I slept off & on until 11pm. Oops! Went to bed and slept sound all night. Guess I was tired.

This morning I was trying to get things done before Aunt J and Sue arrived. Aunt J arrived earlier than planned, which was fine. I did have 4 different kinds of fruit fillings simmering on the stove when she arrived. While she scooped grease, I baked a couple carrot cakes for the freezer, then 6 pies, and mixed up 10 batches of pie dough. Sue took the dough home to roll out. She was outside today landscaping. I LOVE the looks of flowers, but hate the work, so I'm baking like crazy so I can afford to pay her to work outside for me too. The 2 areas she got done look really nice. She has vision. We did take a little field trip after she was done, to look at flowers I've been admiring at a house down the road. Here they are catalilys (??) and they get planted in the spring.

Still need to bake a few more pies for tomorrow, and there is a mountain of laundry to be started on. Never did get to the library yesterday, so we MAY get there today....no promises.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Cookie, I think you mean Calla Lillies. They are very pretty. I love them in bouquets with roses.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• cookielady
                    cookielady commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you for correcting my spelling. I think I'm going to get multi-colored ones & red ones. I'm going to have them along my porch railing.
                Working...
                X