Good Thursday Aug. 3rd Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Thursday Aug. 3rd Morning

Good Morning to all...had my door open but so much humidity the floor got sticky so closed back up. Yesterday was a busy day, Dr. appt., grocery shopping, bought corn and got it done...husked, blanched, some cut off of cob, some whole cob, some nibblers...all in all 16 pints bags of corn cut off of cob, 2 gal. bags with corn on the cob, and 2 gal. bags of nibblers...then fixed barbecue chicken on the grill and corn on the cob...the corn is bicolor and so sweet, will taste even better this winter...

Today have to pick peaches off my tree and get those canned and some frozen. Busy time but I love it...only planted the trees last year so didn't think they would produce this year but they have, not a lot and they are small.. Will be working on my own today hubby has his test for real estate license...I also want to make a blackberry dumplings and take them to my Uncle he mentioned on Facebook the other day about wanting some blackberry dumplings like his Mom (my Grandma) use to make so I will surprise him with some....also yesterday I bought what is called fry pies, they are so goooooood...never had them before...

Well time to get this day started...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning...I don't know what happened to my cat but I like it....she let me sleep until 5 minutes before my alarm was to go off....and then didn't get under foot when I was getting her breakfast or on the counter when I was putting the left overs away!

Work has been stressful this week....just a lot of it.

Work this morning...No plans at all after. I will probably end up at Walmart getting some groceries.

Comment

good morning ,

merge your topics ladies.

hey, finally got a decent night , unbroken sleep.!.. will feel better all day!.
      The bedding smelled so wonderful after being washed and dried in that hot sunshine yesterday.
      also clean the cup collection, shining so pretty now. thats enough work for this week.

since we have not been out running the roads much this week, David will want to go Somewhere.. and I always need some groc. item..
      Sharon,, you have me thinking I need to check out our local farmer stand and see if he has corn.. I do need to freeze a bunch.. will do it in two batches tho. prolonged standing on ceramic flooring is hard on the knees. and I can't set and cut corn.

be back to see what everyone has to talk about..

does anyone know how to get in touch with Nalani???

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I am here but my fingers are not hitting keys very well and I have started this simple greeting four times!
        Sharon, all that canning and freezing sounds like you are feeling good! I have never frozen corn...just fruits and mostly, I can them.
        Today I have an observer for a child from a state agency. he was premature and had some issues as a newborn so he gets check ups and such. this is the first time I have had someone from this agency come, and she will be watching for how he plays and interacts wth the others. at this age (1 1/2) they are more side by side playing and not together...When I said that to the mom she was surprised I knew that and said that is what the case worker had said to her. I am ot sure if they forget abut my college background in Early childhood or if they think I just list those things to pull parents in...
        Anyway, I am glad I checked the daycare already this morning: the little room where the older kids were playing and had cleaned up was not cleaned up! They will be really surprised to find so many things missing today. It is one thing to leave tings out, but to tell me you cleaned up and simply threw everything in a pile out of sight....well, there are some things that are way out of sight this morning!
        Ok, I have to go change a sprinkler and fix my make up...
        Hope you all have a great day! The power is within us!

Comment

A very good morning to you all! 😄

Yesterday was pretty wasted, although the morning was relaxing. Went to the Retina Center in the early afternoon, got there early hoping they'd get an early start with the eye drops. They didn't call on me til after my appointment time for that, and that was the first tech and eye test. Later a 2nd tech called me back to a new machine and got "pictures" of each eye. Got my retinas tested, eventually, and got a good report. I could tell beforehand it was good, because I compared what I saw as my results to a wall chart at my side. It's a color/density code, easy to tell. The waiting room was a bit crowded when I got there. Three hours later we left and there was one guy left in the waiting room. Of course there was a light sprinkling of rain as we left home, also as we returned. But I noticed that the streets were very wet when we got home, so we had some rain that I missed.
          Midway through my waits in the waiting room, a 92 yr old woman came out....her husband was very attentive, and she was loud and grumpy. He kept asking what he could do to make her feel better, or what he could do to help with whatever her problem was. Obviously, she didn't want to feel better. She really wanted to get out of there, didn't like the waiting. I found that much was obvious. He finally quit asking, and she slowly looked around the room and just glared at everyone. Bless her. I understood her tedium, all the waiting there. I liked her spunk, though.

We bought fried chicken and slaw on the way home, and that was pretty much our dinner. Not the healthiest meal, but we don't do that often, and it hit the spot.

Today must be better. It was before 5 when I woke today, but managed to doze til 5:30. Enjoying my hot tea.
          I see a mixture of dark and white clouds, so it'll be cloudy again today. There's a 20% chance of rain for the next few days. Right now it's 75° out, going to maybe 99° today.
          Oh, the news reported that Tucson got the most recorded rain ever for July, 6.8" ..... which I believe is half our annual rainfall. Wow!

Since we didn't get to shopping yesterday, we'll do the grocery shopping today. I don't expect E to do too much, though.
          E has been feeling slightly better, but has a few more weeks of healing to deal with. That brace/wrap he found has helped him a lot, along with his pain med, and he's found a way to comfortably insert a small ice pack. I doubt I'll ever be able to use that wrap again, as he's larger than me, but I hope to never need one again.

So, no other plans today. I need to do a lot of things here, & discard lots of stuff, but we'll see how that fits into the scheme of things today.

Sharon, that sounds like a lot of corn. Yum!

Maye....no, I haven't heard anything about Nalani. I think where she was living, they got new ownership and changes were being made, and she wasn't happy about it. That was the last thing she mentioned here, as I recall. I miss hearing from her, too.

Well, I hope I didn't write a book again.
          Have a great day, everyone. 🤗
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Someone must have been merging threads when I came in, I scrolled pretty far down and didn't see any for today.

Comment

Good sunny morning...storms later with a cold front. Going to be high in the 70s tomorrow! Hate that..it is summer and it is going fast and I want all the hot and sun I can get. 70s are for Fall!! Yesterday I picked up some groceries and finally got Andrew's jeans. Now he needs to try them on. Never did cook a meal so the meatloaf that I had thawing will be cooked for tonight. Think this is family meal night but do know it will be the only night I cook this week. Trying a new laundry plan. Set up one basket and then every day take it down and sort it...try to do one load of whatever is the largest pile every day. This doing 6 loads every couple of days is for the birds. Loads are smaller with the everyday method too. Yesterday were towels and looked like today would be coloreds. I never minded doing laundry but now it is getting to me and my back....cooking, laundry next it will be cleaning. I am just so done with this house work stuff. Read a book yesterday and finished it up while watching the ball game. Afternoon game today and I wish it were evening. Makes the evenings long with nothing on tv. Well, I am thinking that maybe I do have the blahs with this total lack of energy ..just haven't been 100% since our reunion week. Sierra is off today and wants to run to Kohl's...she cannot go by herself you know because she might have to use her own money and why would you do that when grandma has a credit card? Plus lunch is always a plan when shopping. Need to go through the stack of coupons I have and see if any are good. Kohl's is not a favorite of mine because you only get a normal price after you use all the coupons...they factory markup I swear!...then give you this kohl's cash to draw you back. Plus it is a young girls store. For myself I am ordering more and more on line. Like I am a fashion plate! Guess I need to unload the dishwasher and decide if I am putting the meatloaf in the crock pot or oven. Always something to be decided..

Comment

Good morning everyone

OMG...I am last...Oh NO..!!!

We up early and went to the store..And it was nice..And put it way...I had two little helper..Helping out...
                That is job in half...
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good late morning.

​No I didn't sleep in. Had a few things to get done this morning, and am thinking I'm done with the chores. Did the bedding laundry and have gotten the bed remade. Have the car washed, but before I could do that, I had to get the bug guts off the front. Unloaded the dish washer, and put the dirty dishes in it.

Bought a lawn mower without a deck to take to the Lake to run around on so got it put away in the shed until I go to the Lake after I get back from my "road trip" Sunday. Packed my clothes and got the outfit out that I want to wear to the class reunion Friday night. Sure would have been nice if I'd stayed in the area that I graduated from....wouldn't have to be doing all this driving.

​Anyway, after this weekend I don't have anything else scheduled to be at. Maybe I can get to go to the Lake and spend sometime just relaxing and fishing.

Everyone have a great day.
                  Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Afternoon all! Taking a 5 minute break.

Yesterday I worked my lil fanny off, though it seems to still be back there this morning. Sue was here and made pie crusts & shells. I worked on other pies & such and once those were done, I helped roll the remaining dough. After she left at noon time, I took the pie into the doctor's office. Normally I go to Aldi's after doing that, but I knew I had a ton of peaches & such to do, so I came straight home.

I did up close to 2 bushels of peaches. Froze a few packages of the white peaches, but made up pie filling with the rest of the white and regular yellow peaches. I was exhausted by evenings end. Got laundry started.

This morning I baked 6 pies before heading out. I went to Sandy's house and several of us sorted and packaged eye glasses. Dropped off supplies at the church afterwards for the mission dinner we are preparing Saturday afternoon. Stopped down at the stand to get my baskets & money. Guess what they sent me home with? A little over a bushel of peaches. NO MORE PEACHES!!!! I called my niece to see if she wanted to come help me do them up, but she's not available until tomorrow. I may just let them wait until then. Need to get the next 6 pies in the oven. Picked up some corn and we are going to have that for dinner.

Back to work. Have a good one all!

Comment

Cookie, can you freeze the extra peach s or pie filling for use at a future date?
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                      X