Monday July 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday July 17

I had a wonderful surprise yesterday evening...I didn't realize my parents were in town for the day...and they showed up to take me out to eat for Supper...we went to Bob Evans and all had some type of breakfast for Supper...

I think that I am try to catch a summer cold or Sinus infection/ear issues again!! I think that it was the stress of lately...combined with allergies from my friends dogs/smoke...and just letting myself get run down.

I have to go I am running late and must call my mother for a phone number.

Good morning everyone...

Rise and shine...It will be another "HOT" day...

I have chicken in the crockpot...And had my little helper too..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Boffler,Aww thank-you....Mine too...
      Paula A...I get that look at me..That is right..And it has to be fresh too..lol..

• determined
      determined commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL Sassy, this reads like you have your little helper in.the crock pot

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Determined....I sure do...Too much help..They were alot of help..And they smell the chicken...lol..

Good Morning to all....thanks for all your kind thoughts, I keep telling everyone I am a "tough ole bird" and will overcome this nasty stuff... I try really hard not to give in to many things, think positive and keep on going...(if I can) truly this kind of thing is mild compared to a Crohn's Flare, now those take it right out of me...

My plan is to go get my INR finger poke this morning, (45 min. drive) then will stop at Krogers after I am finished and do a bit of shopping...this time next week heading to GA in motorhome to pick up the grandgirls and head to Stone Mountain, GA for a camping adventure...no parents allowed...

Elaine I hope John continues to feel like getting outside...I know it has to be hard on both of you, he was always so active and doing something all the time...that has happened to my sisters husband that is why they moved to a patio home just in case something does happen to either of them...no more mowing grass, taking care of anything, they maintain the inside the HOA takes care of everything on the outside...

Maxie hope you enjoy your trip down the river, always a pleasant thing to do...love that you are having family times together....and hope Sierra gets stronger each day in her resistance to Mommy Dearest, she has way to much control over Sierra...guilting someone is not good.

Donna, do take it easy on yourself, your family needs you so don't push yourself so hard, as we age we do get slower, LOL...add an illness or something on top of it and it makes you go even slower...you are doing what most of us could not..

jostoy that goes for you also, stop causing that back of yours so much misery, LOL do you have a date for surgery yet? Or did you have to get another pain shot?

Janet cookie going to get you to make those grease balls? Great time to spend together...

Paula, life with kids around all the time, you have to have a lot of patience. Do you have someone that helps you? What is the ratio of kids to you? Or what and how many are you allowed?

Well time to read the news, finish my coffee and get dressed and get moving...

Have a great day my friends, so lucky to have you all to share with.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a large family daycare license, but right now, I operate at a small family number: 6-8 children with me. 6 but 2 school kids are allowed. When Gary retired I got a large family license and that allowed for 12 (6 kids : 1 adult ratio, with only 2 under the age of 2)
      I kept my large fam license, but I do not want to hire anyone with all the taxes, SS and red tape it includes. A lot of kjpeople I know hire under the table, but that can comeback to Bite you bad if the IRS or State tax guys get on you...and now that I have reduced my numbers, I honestly can't figure out where I put everyone before! There is such a need for good childcare around here that I get calls every week with parents asking if I have any openings, especially for infant care.

Good Morning.

Busy today and no time to tarry.

Paula, I wanted to give you Mickie's address. Two years ago Marianne lived with her, and I am assuming she is still in the same house. Did not know how to put it in FB Messenger.

Marianne Pappas - 4323 Grenlock, Sylvania, OH 43560. Hope it works.

Sharon, hope you are improving.

Hugs, to Everyone.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Elaine!

Good morning! I stayed up too late last night because just a s I was getting ready for bed a friend called...I had left a message for her because I had heard she was going through a difficult time and she called back. We talked an hour and then I couldn't get to sleep with all the thoughts going through my head. 5:15 came and I got up, but reluctantly.
    It will be another hot day today. Yesterday was hotter than I thought it was going to be; it depends on which station I listen to as to the temperature and I guess I was listening to the cooler station...anyway, it was 111* yesterday and so after church I stayed inside. Becky made cookies to mail off today and I was looking through papers trying to find something...which I did not find. I Did find a Macy's bag with two cute tops I bought for the trip, but with the later things I bought I completely forgot about these two. so, I am wearing a new top today for daycare.
    A week ago a young woman at church announced their family would be having a welcome home open house for her brother and they were having it catered. She was giving us a Save the Date and I said, Catered? I will be there...Yesterday, her mother talked to me outside after church and said, When Victoria said catered, that meant we were going to ask you! (!) They like everything I have brought to receptions and pot lucks and especially the cookies we had brought to Victoria's graduation party...and anything lemon we have been making. Kind of funny because I was all excited to see what that catering would look like...but I also got excited when I went home and started thinking about it. So, we will see what she answers to my Facebook questions I sent her yesterday afternoon.
    Basically, I just started thinking of the foods I had for wedding receptions and Eagle Scout receptions, etc. Usually when I go to something that is catered, I end up thinking, I make the same things...
    I better get myself in gear. 6:50 is when my first two get here. Their mom is on summer hours until school starts.
    And the New Baby starts August 21. He was born on the 4th of July! I always here those words to the tune of Yankee Doodle Dandy...
    Have a great day and start the week with a Smile!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
      Had rain again last evening, and more expected today and tomorrow.
      Tomorrow I get my hair cut. Hate to have that done on rainy/humid days. I have natural curl, so goodness knows how it will turn out in the long run!
      Wednesday we leave for WA.

Talk about feeding cats. My last cat was truly perfectly behaved, and generally not a picky eater. Except when I gave her Meow Mix. Each shape was a different flavor. She would actually pick out the fish shapes and drop them on the floor.
      She hated fish-flavored cat food. Fortunately her companion cat/guy wasn't at all picky. He'd eat whatever she left on the floor, plus finish up what was left in the bowl. They shared food and treats beautifully. Oddly enough, if they got a treat of canned food, I'd cut it in half and separated the halves into the same bowl, and each would eat only their portion and not touch the other's. Only if Pickles didn't want to finish hers, then Teddy Bear would lick the bowl clean. (Once on April Fools day I cut it into 3 portions. Each ate one portion. Only Teddy Bear kept coming back several times to peek and see if another cat was going to eat the odd portion. Pickles didn't care. But Teddy Bear finally came back again and just finished it off! It was funny to watch,)

Well, things to do today.
      Need breakfast, then to get my day started.
      Have a good day. ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning. Everyone is still in bed so guessing we are not going to get an early start today. Sierra did say she had a test to take first and that would take about an hour. Oh well, we have all day. right now it is still cloudy from last night's rain but suppose to be a heat emergency week with triple digits from Wednesday on. Sure am glad we had the additional vents placed on the roof last week! Life has been slow and easy this summer..just full of dirty clothes and dishes. I want to know what they are finding to eat with all those dirty dishes! Makes me wonder if they aren't sneaking food in once I go to bed and not sharing. I did not pick up the seat cushions last evening so will get a wet bottom if I sit out with my coffee...night rains, sunny days. Vacation weather! Stay cool.....

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was a mixed bag. The PLAN was to drop Blaise off at Kathy's after church & SS. Since her BF had to work, she ask if she could just come out to the house for the day. I talked her into bring out the Fusion so our garage guy could look at it & fix it. So after a lunch at Arby's, that's what she did. I followed her. Blaise was a bit hurt because she gave the cat more attention than him. She didn't do much with him. I had great plans for the afternoon, but that all got shot to smithereens. I prepared food for dinner almost all afternoon. She didn't expect it, but I just felt I needed to.

Kathy had some bug up her butt and she ended up in a very foul mood. I feel sorry for Mike. That relationship won't last long. She treats all her boyfriends like dirt eventually. They took Blaise to WM after dinner to get him a watch. Apparently they fought there, Blaise said. I made him feel safe & secure & much loved afterwards. Poor lil guy. Apparently Mike wants her to switch to daylight shift so she can see Blaise more, but if he ask me, I'd say don't bother. At least she has an excuse now for not seeing him.

This morning is the start of VBS at our church. Over 150 kids were pre-registered! I called Gary and he's going to try to get the car fixed this afternoon since he had a cancellation. When I dropped off the car, he was still listening to messages. Glad I called back. I got slipped in ahead of everyone else that left messages. We are loyal to him and he is loyal to us. I HOPE the car gets finished today, otherwise Blaise won't be going to VBS tomorrow. Becca came in late last night after work, so she can get him when it's finished today.

Hoping to mix up & bake off the last 3 kinds of cookie dough. We'll see.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good afternoon. Have any of you tried knooking? It is listed as knitting with a crochet hook. I have been playing with it trying to gt it figured out (how to do it right). Not real sure if I like it yet or not. I do crochet and knit both but this you catch the yarn different to make the stitch, I find myself forgetting that and just doing regular crochet.

Have to wait for DJ to get home so I can do dishes. The sink drain is broken, so have to use dish pans, I can't empty them and forgot to have one of the kid's do it last night.

Everyone have a great rest of the day.

Comment

Working...
            X