Hello Monday that feels like a weekend day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Monday that feels like a weekend day

Good Morning world...for now the sun is shining, it was only 57 degrees when I got out of bed at 6:00 a.m. Will be heading to younger sons house today with hubby, he has a barn he wants torn down so Dad & son will be doing that, I will spend a little time with his girlfriend...but really my druthers are to just stay home which I just might do...Sometimes I enjoy my alone time, I get more done for sure...

Everything is pretty wet outside now from all the rain we got last night so if MI got the same thing it might be to wet to tear down barn. Nothing new here so this will be short and sweet today. Hope everyone is enjoying Memorial Weekend, so thankful but saddened by all the loss of our soldiers...why should being free mean losing your life? Have a great day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning.

Buckets of rain here yesterday, but it didn't stop 45 people from coming to church. Magnificent service! Exceptional food. Then family company all afternoon. Really great day.

So it's HB's for us today and house cleaning. I've already washed all the tchotkies sitting around (at times like this wish I didn't have so many), but getting ready for more company.

Hope your day goes well. Remember and honor all who died away from their homes so that we can have peace in our own.

Hugs to All.

Comment

Good Morning ..

moving kind of slow..the rain through the night has made the joints all creaky.. I feel like an old squeaky door.. I will grab a handful of pills and feel better in a bit.
      nothing planned for today.. supper and family ed with Donna family yesterday.. was so great ..lots of delicious food!.. David started to feel
      "unwell" and we came home earlier than expected , his internal system is very touchy. and he needs to be home .so I missed out on playing cards . Thank You Niece for the lovely birthday cake ,, It is delicious!....and I ate both pieces last evening .

Sharon, alone time , I understand that . love those hubbies but after being home alone in the daytime for a couple years . I missed it and still do. was glad David has been able to have his years of retirement because he worked many many hours for years to keep the family.. .but he drives me crazy, rearranging where I keep stuff. running Tv 16hrs a day. aggg..

Hi Elaine .Enjoy your company... wish I could pop in and say hello to you all...

Hi to all.. see you later
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Morning. Going to be a normal day for me. Jon is working and Sierra working this afternoon but she did say she would get up and grocery shop with me. Need someone to help carry those bags up the stairs. I read most of yesterday afternoon and then got stuck watching Harry Potter all evening. We had carry out last evening from some place Jon heard about and it had the best hamburger I had eaten in a long time. Not sure if I will even cook tonight...Chinese sounds good. It is so bright and sunny and warm this morning...just a beautiful day to celebrate Memorial Day.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Don't know how it's going to last. The rain held off yesterday until we were done grilling & done with dinner.

Yesterday was busy but nice. Prepped as much as I could before Blaise & I had to head over to the nursing home. He did a good job reading, though not loud enough for all them to hear. Got home and both girls were here already & both brought what I ask them to pick up on their way. Kathy & Mike kept Blaise busy & out of the way. The guys went swimming, but Kathy said it was too cold for her. Becca helped me get things finished up.

My brother Tom was in charge of the grill. I think there was more jawing than grilling going on out there, but that was OK. We had a great time together. After the guys left and Aunt J & Uncle D left, us ladies played Hand & Foot. Aunt P enjoys having someone to play cards with. Kathy & Mike took Blaise for the night. Once everyone left, I thought I'd watch some TV in peace, but I ended up dozing off & on and will have to rewatch the last episode again.

This morning I slept in until 7:30. Right now I'm finishing up a coconut cream pie for a customer. I should have gotten up earlier, but now I'm missing my niece's last parade. I was thinking it was 10am when I was planning things, but it is 9:30. Kathy is taking Blaise to the parade. Mike wanted to have Blaise there when he got off work at 5pm, so Kathy is keeping him for the whole day, which was NOT her plan. She was going to give him back at the parade. LOL!

I'm not sure what my day will bring now that the pie is done. Putter around I guess.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
            We had 65° when I got up at 6am our time, and the weather people say it'll hit 100° today. Yesterday we registered 99° in the shade. 🌵 But then we live in desert country. I still have my sweater handy, as A/C really can chill me to the bone.
            We've come to an agreement where to set the temperature, and it's tricky....E needs the A/C much more than I do. I'll probably have to step outside before the day is done, just to get myself comfortably warm again. The A/C turns itself off by sunset.

E has some grocery shopping to do today. I'll go with him if I get to shower first. He's generally in bed til 9. Talk about beauty rest...... people can't believe he's 80. They put him 10 years younger. I told him, often he acts like he's 5, so he's hit his "second childhood". Can be annoying. Welcome to the world of retirement. I miss my alone-time days, sometimes, too. But I should look so good. I think I age every time I have to spend time in the hospital.

I have some apples to use up. Thinking of putting a pie together. Or just cooking them with some spices.

Not sure just what today will bring. Tomorrow is Senior Discount ticket day at Cinnemark theaters (with discount popcorn & drinks for seniors every day).
            Speaking of popcorn....... I saw a recipe you might like to try, if you have a sweet tooth. It says melt a half stick of butter (I used almost a whole stick) and add a 3 oz box of jello to it. Stir to mix, then pour into 8 cups of popcorn. I used a Tropical Punch flavor jello, and we enjoyed it. Next time I have a box of mixed berry flavor. I have an air popper, so as the popcorn started filling the big bowl, I started slowly pouring the butter mixture into it and rotating the bowl as I did, to let it mix properly. I might make some for tonight's TV watching. 🍿

So, that's the news today.
            Have a good holiday, and do remember the Vets who so bravely fought to keep our country free. They're all heroes. 🇺🇸
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              I am going to do that popcorn for the kids, Jo! We used to have a flavored popcorn shop in town and I loved it!
              Thanks for letting me know how simple it is.

Good morning! A bit chilly maybe it's just me but then Miki is wrapped up, so maybe not. Don't know what plans for today are. They have talked about several places but some Ellen doesn't want to go to because of the pressure to drink and not wanting to announce the reason why. The Ebil one is telling me her water dish is empty, so had best tend to it.

Comment

Good morning, all.
              I got up an hour later, too, at 6:15, then went swimming. The air temp was 66 and the water was 74. Absolutely perfect!
              It is so nice to have a very easy schedule. Flags are out and there is a special feeling at the cemetery, more so, it seems,when you see all the flags on the veteran's graves.
              Elaine, your day yesterday sounded great! I need to go over to my mom's and wash all her little figurines, but not sure she would think they need it...maybe next trip she takes.
              Hope you all enjoy the Peace of this day and our Free country.

Comment

Working...
              X