Good Morning world, it's Monday, let's get started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning world, it's Monday, let's get started

Good Morning to all...it looks to be a beautiful day today....going to enjoy it, hubby says he hopes the grass is dry enough he can mow...got all the flower pots done yesterday, they will look better when they fill out...also had hubby transplant a few yard plants, the Wigela needed a new place to live, LOL....While hubby is mowing I will be dusting inside the house and getting a few more cabinets emptied and cleaned...all while having the windows OPEN.

We went out to eat last evening and on the way there it rained so hard you could hardly see to drive, when we came out of restaurant sun was shining. The restaurant is called Tackle Box 2, great place for seafood, shrimp, perch and bass...its by the lake and it was busy...but service was great, it is what most would call a hole in the wall...but very casual...love it there.

Well time for coffee and the newspaper, everyone have an enjoyable day, don't work to hard..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning! It's a very wet one out there this morning. Yesterday was about the same.

Yesterday was a busy one. After church we got Blaise dropped off at Kathy's then headed the opposite direction (towards home and past) to go to a flea market. Very disappointing, BUT I did get a big over sized plate which will be perfect for a BD cake. Came home & got busy in the kitchen. Baked off 2 kinds of cookie dough and made the fixings for a picnic dinner. We even grilled in the rain. I THOUGHT I had grilled enough chicken to have enough leftovers for a couple more days, but I guess it was so good that they had seconds. Once they left, I thawed out the rest of the chicken from a 3lb bag and grilled it since charcoal stays hot for a very long time.

I have no plans so far today but to bake. I'd like to get it all done, though several of them will need finishing touches.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning....I feel like crap!!! I am pretty sure I have sinus infection. My ears hurt. I am nauseas from drainage....been sleeping off and on since noon Saturday. I am going to work only because I know how short we are working. Planning to go to doctor after work. I have to be better for family camping next week end

Comment

Good morning everyone.. Rise and shine..It will be another rainy day... I got up with chickens...LOL...I got my chores done...And now sewing pillows...And i had my littler helper.

Comment

Good morning from my neck of the woods! It is pretty quiet out; not too many bird sounds out there this morning.
          After three days off I am ready for work and getting back on the routine.
          We grilled yesterday. The coals took forever to start up and I think it was a different kind. I did the same thing Donna that you did and grilled a whole bag of chicken thighs for eating this week. I think this will be our plan for the bbq season and grill on Sunday. My mom likes it and it is an easy way for me to have her over without the big dinner prep of the holidays.
          I never looked at how high the temperature got yesterday. Today it is supposed to get Hot and I am watering outside now. I really wish we had a sprinkler system here, but I don't want to put one in now.
          Sharon, thanks for the kind words.
          Maye, I looked up VP Pense's speech at the PA college (Is it John Jay? I am sorry, I forgot) and how anyone could change that around to sound negative or cause trouble is beyond me and just shows exactly what you said: we cant just trust what is reported anymore. Congratulations to your grandson on his graduation!
          I have only one toddler on Monday and Tuesday so it is a day I can actually get something done (in little bits of time) because the day has that much less stress. the other little guy loves to pull hair, so I am shadowing him all the time till nap. I want to go through books today and separate those the kids don't really look at and donate them to the women's shelter yard sale. That is what I amdoing with all the things from storage we don't want. I want to be rid of the unit before I go to Maryland.
          Have a wonderful day and do what you must to make that mark!

Comment

Morning! Sunny and cool this morning...weather guy says some areas dropped into the 40s last night. Can't prove that by me because I am still in my jams enjoying my morning coffee. Did all my work yesterday so will have a free day today. Need to come up with a fast meal to fix ahead for tomorrow since I will be gone all day and the guys are working on getting the pool up tomorrow evening. Early baseball game tonight but no rush since it is a home game and we have no kid to get there. First actual day of summer vacation and it is cool and quiet. Things better heat up fast around here!!!!

Comment

Good morning.
              We've got sunshine, and it's going to be in the high 90's today.
              Yesterday afternoon I went into the backyard to look around. I watched a 6" lizard run across the width of the yard, and surprisingly as he turned left toward the berm, a 4" lizard turned right toward the street. Love those little guys! They're especially cute when they're 1 or 2" long. They used to live happily around my garden, which no longer exists.

I sampled an apple from my dwarf tree. Not quite ripe yet. Sweet-tart taste.
              E really likes the tuna-mac salad. It's filling & satisfying. I did pop a couple of Eggos in the toaster, put cheddar cheese slices on top, and nuked them to melt the cheese. Unusual, but went well as a side dish. I doubt E will ever request that, but he ate it, and I liked it.

So .... if it weren't for the cars parked in the neighborhood, I wouldn't think we had neighbors. The occasional smell of grilling confirms that some of them are eating well. And the kids heading for the school bus stop in the mornings is evidence of grown-ups around here. School would normally be out after this week, but then there's sommer school and/or year round school(s) as well.

So that's about it for now. Ackkkk, the AC just turned on and it's only 7:15.... need to adjust that. It's just too early for it!
              I don't want to hear or feel it til this afternoon when the temp passes 80°. I'd say 85°, but E gets uncomfortable before that.

Sharon, in like a good seafood restaurant.
              Cookie, busy as usual. You're not Amish, are you? 😉
              Beth, hope you get to feeling better.
              Hi Sassygirl. Hi to anyone posting with me, and those who will show up later.
              Have a beautiful day. ☀️
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good morning

was a very busy weekend for this lady.!... but loved it all..
                The college is Grove City... and glad you saw how hard a "news" reporter would work to get a negative take on anything.. that is my soap box issue...............News reporters should just report News... and leave the commentators .. who admit to being commentators ,,, do the slicing and dicing ......and lying....

today will be a quick run to the library and some more sleep.... the laundry loads are about finished.. we will be eating whatever is frozen or in a can today...

Sharon, wanna come plant flowers at my house?... .... Grandaughter #3. said she will come , help get the dirt ready . and if she isn't working will help plant marigolds..

hey better go switch clothes from washer to dryer.. see you all later
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                X