Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday..Church day..April 23.

Good morning.

Guess it is "sleep in day" for some. Don't have much planned for today after Church.

JoG, it sounds like you are enjoying your family visits. Good luck on finding the right living place for you and E in the coming future.

Time to get off here, and start doing my "prep" for Church.

God Himself does not propose to judge a man until he is dead. So why should we?

Last edited by jostoy; 04-23-2017, 06:50 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good morning ..

sun is shining , but its cold!.. supposed to get nice this afternoon...sure hope so.

Yesterday was spent setting high up on the bleachers at the school.. watching the dance, baton and solo performances of Ms Natilie's school of Baton.
    plus groups from other such schools.. the little wee ones in the beginner classes are the most fun... I also had a Great-niece performing and she is going to be a Star some day.. a true performer already!,,,
    ...Bethany's senior group routine was the BEST.. took a first place trophy... I had oldest granddaughter Carrie with me. to be my helpful step climber .
    ...I am a people watcher, so enjoyed viewing the folks..... but was really tired when I got home... nice long nap. and then read most of the evening ..

Church this morning ....and we will see what the rest of the day brings...
    see you all later.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Maye, would you delete this post and use my other post. I didn't think my other post went through.

Hope I got this straight now... your was the earliest , so you come first... will delete your brief message above.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Maye. I'll try to be more diligent the next time.

Good Morning, another chilly morning out there and tonight they say even chiller so yes the furnace came back on...

Cooked and prepped all day yesterday, desserts made, etc. people will start arriving today...pretty good that they are relatives I have not seen in over 30 yrs. probably and yet I feel as though we know each other, thankful to Facebook for that..Beds, bathrooms and everything cleaned..only thing I really need to do today is peeled potatoes for supper for mashed potatoes tonight..

Sad time but my Uncle that passed was a very fun and funny person to be around and I know in my heart he would not want us all sad and down in the mouth...so we will have some true family time remembering things he has done and other things in our lives.

After this morning I will probably not be around until about Wednesday...so take care one and all...hugs and smiles for a great day..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning..My kitty kitty is being a twit like kitty today...running all over trying to knock stuff over now moewing as loud as she can...I am choosing to try to ignore...I have much to do this morning...finishing my chores before my mom and dad drop by and before I leave for Bible Study...I won't be here when my parents are but that doesn't mean stuff shouldn't be done up and pretty...

Not much planned today...other than Bible Study and maybe groceries...

Comment

Beautifully sunny morning but cold...furnace is back on here too. Yesterday's move went smoothly. Mommy dearest even drove over a load. We talked a bit and she was 'normal'. Everything but what Sierra will need to finish the semester is moved here and she says she will be here immediately after school is over...she does have a summer class scheduled for here but I do not know when it starts. Blues won! we now move on this coming week and play a series with Nashville. I was so excited! then we ate lasagna to celebrate. Jon said it was excellent and I was shocked. My lasagna is always a guessing game as to taste and quality. If he stays out of it we will have enough leftovers for Monday and that means I do not have to cook!! We have had some slow rain but not enough to wash the green menace off the chairs and cars. I have never seen it so thick before. Beth what a good daughter to make sure the house is picked up for your parents to visit. And Sharon a marathon week of shopping and cooking for family..that makes you pretty darn special. And I am sure that jostoy will not take a total day of rest. You go! Maye I remember entire weekends sitting in gyms during Sierra's gymnastic days. Not easy on the back! Jo good luck searching for new places to settle. those decisions are hard to make...been there, done that! Today is laundry and baseball...no schedule on when the Blues will resume play since other teams are still finishing up their series'. Jon is working today so I have the place to myself. may have him stop for fast food on his way home. Enjoy the sun all! Just wish it were a but warmer. Happy Sunday...

Comment

Good Sunday mornin' comin' down out there.
          Sunshine and Spring temperatures today.
          We had a good day yesterday. The parade was shorter this year and was over in 1 hour 10 minutes...we noticed there weren't as many school bands from out of the area as usual, no radio stations or local singers...and not as many mounted groups or individuals.
          Maye, there were some of the cutest little baton twirlers and a few single entrant twirlers as well as some cute little kid riders on decorated ponies.
          So, after church my mom will be over to eat the dinner we didn't have last Sunday because Becky was sick.
          My friend who lost her husband 6 weeks before Gary died is on her way to Hawaii. It is a trip a friend is taking her on and will be pretty emotional as Clint died on a trip to Hawaii. Traci was home with the daycare and clint had taken their two exchange students with a group and died suddenly on Maui. Her life has not been at all easy and is just now in a much better place emotionally. I just think it is so good of the person who is paying for the trip to do this.
          I hope we all have a good day, with sunny thoughts even if the actual sun is hiding!

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Still cold out there. The furnace has been running.

Yesterday was good. I baked 2 carrot cakes to replace those sold in the past week. They'll be in the freezer waiting for the next orders. I can't think that I did much, but with Blaise grounded from electronics, it was "Grandma this" and "Grandma that" ALL day.

This morning we went to church & SS. We drove separately because Cork wanted to go to some hardware store & he was meeting Kathy to drop off Blaise for the day. I'll believe it when I see it. The last time she was going to have him "all day", they were back by 2pm. I told her that he wasn't allowed electronics, so that'll make her life a little more challenging.

Yesterday I made up 5 Oreo crusts, and today I plan to fill at least 4 of them & make PB pies for the freezer. The restaurant usually buys 2 at a time. Not sure what else my day will bring. A nap for sure. There is so much that could be done, but I seem to run out of steam on Sundays. No card playing tonight since my SIL is busy and Mom will go play cards with her other friends.

Have a good one all! Will miss you Sharon!

Comment

Good Morning.

I came in earlier, but there were 2 posts so I thought I would just come back after church and see which one survived.

Heat on here, as well. We dropped 20 degrees in about 3 hours last night.

Baseball for us at 2p, which gives me the evening free for my Sunday night programs.

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X