Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, 1/31

Good morning everyone.

There hasn't been much going on in my world, so I haven't been in to report on my mundane life.

However, Jamie finally got the call to go to work in St. George. It's a (Utah) union job, and is about double the salary he was making while he was staying with us and working in Ephraim (non-union). Besides, the low in St. George is higher than the high temperature in Ephraim. So, yesterday was bitter-sweet for me. We said goodbye to Jamie, who has been living with us since before Thanksgiving... but I'm really glad that he left so that Ralph and I can have our lives to ourselves again.

We're going to take a jaunt up north today. Ralph wants to find a bar sink, and his friend told him that they found theirs at a Habitat for Humanity Re-Store in Orem... we haven't decided if we're going as far as Orem or going all the way up to Salt Lake. If we go to Salt Lake, we will probably stop in and visit his mother. I got a call from my ex-DIL yesterday and we were talking about Dylan (grandson). She said if we have a chance to stop by to visit with him, he gets out of school at 2:40. I'd like to see him... but don't know if we'll be in town then.

Weather has been nice and clear, but really cold. It looks very deceiving! I'm tired of winter already, but luckily it has gotten warm enough on some days to melt most of the snow we had. I think we're supposed to get another storm this upcoming weekend, so I guess I'd better not get used to seeing lawn.

Hope you all have a great day... take care, stay warm.

Good morning..My mind is running already this morning...I just want it to STOP! I told you all about my friend Vickie awhile back..well late yesterday things came to a head and the govenor of Illinois office sent some one like a state nurse investigator to look into Vickie's situation...pardon my language but all h""" broke loose and poo hit the ceiling...Vickie was taken out by ambulance last night. She has 3 different infections....one night last week she told me she was scared to go to sleep at night. I wouldn't want some one I hated to be treated like she has been.

My friends that I began attending church with when I moved over are now leaving the church...I don't know the back story. I do know that I am too feeling hurt...and for the first time in my life not caring if I am a part of a church.

My anxiety is crazy right now...

I just want to get away...to see my bestie...

Sorry to be a downer...

love you guys

Comment

Good Morning Judy, always glad to see any of our friends that stop by even if it is just to say hello. I understand the bittersweet feeling, we love our children, love to see them visit, but after years of having them out of the house it is great to have your own space back again. Hope you and Ralph have a good day out and about.

Why or why are allergies raging this time of year? I have never had many troubles with allergies, nothing an over the counter something that couldn't help, but now it is my nose, eyes, everything having a problem...grrrrr...All in all with all the other things going on with me I actually feel pretty good except for the eye being matted shut and swollen, nose dripping and a sore on the outside that looks like a booger, and sneezing a lot which hurts my nose...a whole lot of hand washing and sanitizer.

Never did make that meatloaf yesterday had hubby make pancakes and bacon for supper last night...so today it will get done as well as making some tuna salad sandwich and chicken salad sandwich, have to have something around for the hubby to eat during the day....yesterday he went to the grocery store for me for a few items, after an hour when I thought he should be back home he sends a text that he had stopped at the real estate office to visit our friend/neighbor and I think she just about has him talked into joining their staff after taking his classes...she says he would be so good at it and that the market is pretty darn good right now...plus you kind of make your own hours also. He wants to be doing something but not something that he has to be on a schedule or 'go into work everyday' and still be rather free to come and go as he pleases...oh boy, LOL

Sure was good to see Maxi out of the closet yesterday, even if it was through Donna...hope that we get her back in the door with us..I love hearing about her and her family, and Mommy dearest, LOL...I know a little of her situation...would like to see more people come back and let us know how they are doing, I know a lot of them have Facebook as do I but still miss the security of speaking what I want to say without everyone on my friends list seeing it.

Wel we were supposed to wake up to snow this morning, we have none of that, but we do have a misty rain out, just another dreary day, don't know how many more of those I can take, can see it is starting to get to me...I might need to invest in those light boxes..Well time to go read the news then get dressed and get this day started...

Wishing you all enough..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope he looks into it! If I wasn't doing daycare it would be real estate.
        A friend had her classes reimbursed by the office that wanted her to work for them.
        Tell him one person, for sure, says Go for it!

Good SNOWY Morning! We didn't get the 1-3" of snow they predicted overnight, but it's coming down now.

Yesterday was really good. Had a slow start, but by 10am, I was movin'. Aunt J came over & scooped grease & chatted with me while I baked 3 carrot cakes. Before she left, I got 2 phone calls. The first was the owner of the nail salon that Aunt J's granddaughter works. She ordered a bunch of cookies for herself, her sister, and a friend. I've got my work cut out for me for the next several days. Then right before she was ready to walk out the door, I got a call from a couple who wanted to come check out what I had & wanted directions. They were supposedly only 2 minutes away. Aunt J waited to leave to see who this mystery couple was. They didn't come & didn't come, so Aunt J left with instructions to come save me if I didn't call her in a half an hour. LOL! They finally arrived after 2 more calls because they got lost...on wrong road. Very very nice people & we ended up with people in common. They were thrilled to find someone that baked and bought several dozen cookies and a PB pie that I had already made in the freezer.

After everyone was gone, I headed into Butler to Aldi's & Mary's Cakes. Got needed supplies and at Mary's I got some new icing tips, little eyes for the groundhog sugar cookies, and a new groundhog cookie cutter. Came home and after the groceries were put away, I started baking the groundhog cookies. I made 3 doz with the new cutter & made 3 doz that were circles with tiny circle ears (think Mickie Mouse). Cooked dinner only for Blaise to not eat a bite. I told him if he wasn't going to eat, to just to to bed. We got the vaporizer going and he was asleep before 6:30. I had a nice quiet evening.

Wasn't sure if Blaise was going to go to school or not, but he was perky, and after a bath & a good breakfast, he was out the door. If he's dragging though when he gets home, he won't be going to BB practice. I'm going to ice the sugar cookies. A gal I was good friends with during HS is coming for lunch. I saw her on election day at the poll (she was one of the poll workers) and we've been trying to get together ever since then. She's very laid back, so I'm not worried about getting things perfect. It ends up she only lives a mile or so down the road. Leftover for dinner. If I have time this afternoon, I'm going to start mixing up cookie dough for the big order.

I feel honored to be the go btw for Maxie. Hope Scott comes soon & figures out what's wrong. She has my email because of her Christmas cookie order. You are fun to hear from Maxie!!!

JoG...did you get my email yesterday about your cookies?

Bethina...refresh us on the story about your friend & what was going on. Don't make any rash decisions about your church. You've been loving it.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Donna, what emails are you sending out?
        I need one!!!

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        JoG ordered Valentines cookies and be darned if I can find that email. I was just verifying with her what I remembered it to be. LOL! I should have written it down right away. Now if you'd like to order cookies, you know you are always welcome to! These ladylocks are YUMMY! They melt in your mouth.

• bethina
        bethina commented
        Editing a comment
        Will update in another post about my froend

41* and off to a good start!
      It is quiet and dark, but not a lot on my agenda today. Waiting for a couple of tax information letters, but the tax guy can figure it out...
      I have my big trash can right next to the gate so when kids are playing I can clean out the shelves on the patio. I have named Tuesday Get Ready for Trash Day.
      I haven't been filling nag up both cans and need to call them to pick up one. Boring, I know...
      Just nothing much to post about here.
      Hope you all have a great day and get to the things and places you have been posting about.

Comment

Good Morning!

Got my chores down and we are heading out the door for cancer center. Injections every day this week. Glad everyone is doing well.

Hugs to All ~ ~ ~

Comment

Good late morning.
          I still have the flu. Running to the bathroom every 2 hours for 2 nights and a day. Going through Kleenex like crazy.
          At least I don't feel gut-punched today.
          Now Ellis, with the pulled muscle I his back, also has flu/sinus problems.
          We should feel lucky. Our 54 yr old DD has the measles again; she said she's about halfway through it.

Yesterday got to 74° and I missed it, napping. But it'll be mid-70's for a few days at least.

Cookie, I did not get your email. But I sent you one, so you'll have my newest addy.

With that I need to close, and nap.
          I'm very tired with this flu.

Have a good day. ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X