Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Jan 28

Good morning ... up again at 5...way too early

snowed overnight. about inch... makes pretty yards.. roads should be bare by the time I want to go to Library
    need more coffee.. and hope someone shows up with some sweet rolls...

see you all later
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good Morning!

Sorry, Janet, I came empty-handed. No goodies here.

No snow but we are at freezing. Have not been in the living room, but I hear the blower on the fireplace, so I'm guessing we need a good fire this morning.

No plans for the day . Cooking lunch and staying warm is about it.

Have a good day, Friends.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      We went to Cracker Barrel for lunch and they had a nice fire going, it just reminded me how much I miss having a wood burning stove insert. Even outside the smell was so good..hubby even commented...

Good Morning, (I brought the rolls and other goodies, help yourself)....and a cold one it is out there...hubby just left heading to our sons house in MI to help work on a car, I said I just wanted to stay home and be comfortable in my own house, no need sitting at his house alone while they work on a car..Besides will be great having some alone time..

Yesterday ended up being a weird day, had another 'spell' I will call it with AFib, got into the cardiologist, which was a story all in itself...well I will now be on blood thinners for awhile, had an EKG done again yesterday and yes I am still in AFib, have been since Nov. my family Dr. is trying to treat (or in my case) not treat AFib, she is out of her league on this one...Will also be having an echocardiogram done in about two weeks to make sure no blood clots before they do a cardioversion on me (shock the heart) to get it back in rhythm and after that a medicine to try and keep it in rhythm...And since I have bleeding Crohns taking blood thinners is going to make it worse for awhile but a necessary evil to make sure no blood clots..it just never ends it seems..just having these dizzy/fainting spells. In the meantime life goes on as usual and so do I...just another bump in the dusty road of life, LOL I still feel better than I did when the Crohns was active so that to me is a plus.

Think I will work on getting the laundry done while I have the house to myself, I tell you seems every time I start a project he seems to be in my path and I have to 'work' around him. Its just funny that it works out that way...so going to take advantage of it...some R & R maybe also...

Hope everyone can find their way back in again...Maye so true about having to sign in again if you have used another device signing in...

Have a great day one and all, sure would be nice to see either snow on the ground or some sun in the sky...or both.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning evryone..

We had light snow...But the wind was cold..BRR..

I was making meatloaf this morning..

My wake -up call..(kittys)...I have sweet rools..If someone bring the coffe..I need another cup of coffee..
      I saw this this pic..I thought it was so cute..If someone propses to me...Like that...I would say "YES"..Too cute...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Well the vacuuming nor the dusting got done yesterday. MAYBE today. Instead of doing what was planned, I made broccoli cheese soup. For some reason, I had that on my mind. So while I was out, I got the needed items.

​Today I will take that to my friend's house and we will have lunch together. Then for desert, we will go to the small town south for coconut cream pie. That means I have to eat a very small bowl of soup so I can have at least a small piece of pie.

​No snow here, but it does look like a frost out there. Don't see it on the ground, but the roofs and cars show it.

​Sassy, I know a little girl who says she just wants her mommy and daddy to be still married, and they can have a normal life. I know since her daddy remarried, she has been a unhappy little girl. Your picture this morning says a lot for little kids who have not known "a normal life".

Hope all have a great day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jostoy,She is saying..I want "YOU"..And happy home..and loving...I do not know..
          I bet she is..And be happy..True...

Good morning I stayed in bed late...after a 330 wake up from Cori. I considered taking her litter box out of its fancy thing and putting out side the door so I could get more rest!

I am headed to some type of ice carving contest with friends after bit...then home to do my chores

Comment

Good morning.
          It's a sunny 30° outside, going to 60° today. This should be the last of our freezing temps. Yay! I never thought we'd need a fireplace in a house in AZ, when we bought this place. I suppose we could get an electric one, but the ones I've seen aren't very effective. My brother's SO has a big, beautiful one; the heat factor is a separate control. I sat closest to it, and he turned on the heat, but I felt no real difference at all.

Nothing much new here. Except I sent E to get a bag of frozen HB patties. He KNOWS my store/product preference, but went to the other store 'cause it's a little closer. So I had one left from "my" preference, which I cooked with 1 of the new patties. EEEK! Safeway must put a whole lot of red dye in its meat (to look fresher?), it was seeping bright bloody red!
          I told E he got the new burger, and I took the last of the other ones. And told him why. And his shrunk more in cooking than mine did. Well, I could only eat half of mine, so gave it to him. He said mine tasted a whole lot better. It's not easy to train a retired husband. But it can be done. E-v-e-n-t-u-a-l-l-yyyyyy. As much as I hate to waste food, I won't eat those!

We got an extra newspaper this week (probably due to the ever-popular Gem & Mineral Show).
          But E read the theater listings and named a couple more movies he'd like to see.
          He pulled a muscle in his back somehow. I gave him the last of my pain pills, as aspirin isn't working.

Boffler, one more thing we have in common ~ ❤️ Problem. You have A-fib, I have a bit of heart regurtation going on. My next Dr appointment is with a cardiologist. So far they say "not to worry", "it's a small slow drip", "nothing to worry about for a long time". Geez-o-Pete. Why didn't god set a limit on how many health problems the human body can have? What happened to "One thing at a time"?
          Be careful with those dizzy spells. Can you keep your phone in your pocket in case you need help? I think of you and your health often.

Awwwww, thanks for. The cute kitty, Sassy. Makes me want to adopt her right now! I assume it's a she.

Joystoy, how sad for that little girl. She will eventually adjust to the situation, but it'll leave its mark on her in some way.
          Men and their destructive flings! My 1st husband left because he "was too young for the responsibility of his 2 kids", ages 1 and newborn. Went out and married a woman with 6 kids. Divorced her, too. He tried to come back to me, but I said no.
          Enjoy your soup and pie, and the company of your good friend.

Well, surely somebody posted while I was typing.
          Have a really wonderful day.
          ☀️️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            JoGee,You are welcome...She is cute...Me too..Or have another..It is...

For those of you back East: Good Lunch time and for the those a little closer: good Saturday!
          JoG, your temps are right with mine. The sun makes it nice, even if the day starts out chilly.
          I have the regular Saturday errands to do plus taking my mom out to the cemetery. She likes to keep the graves looking nice and an aunt needs some flowers refreshed. the wind has blown away the last ones. I will get some at Walmart and have the ready. I have a nail appointment and then later when Becky is volunteering at the shelter I am going to see Hidden Figures. It didn't work out last weekend with my mom needing me, so I am going tonight so I don't miss it. I read the book and just want to see it. I went to school in Norfolk, Va. two different times inmy life and the segregation and the integration were both part of those years.
          Becky is making brownies to take to the shelter and I will be scouting up salad ingredients that are more interesting than the ones I have been eating.
          Hope you all have a good day!

Comment

From Maxie:

I have no idea what could be wrong with getting onto the round table and if it is my computer or what so will just wait for Scott to come home. Anything computer is totally foreign to me and while I admire those with skills I have none and do not understand. Soooo, I will just continue to read and keep caught up on news and events. If anything earth shattering should happen from here I will let you know to pass on. Sure would love to win the lottery and I will let you know if that happens right after I buy an island where the sun shines everyday and the temps never go below 90*.

Comment

Afternoon all! It definitely looks & feels like winter around here.

Yesterday wasn't as productive as I would have liked, but I got done what needed done. Went to the doctor for a 2 month check up since he changed my insulin last time, and my A1C came down 5 points, but not near enough, so he's trying me on another insulin. After that appt, I went and picked up the rest of the curtains my Mom had ordered as well as the rods. Came home and baked the ordered Rum Cake. I hope it tastes alright. It looked nice.

This morning I slept in. About 9:30 Blaise climbed into my lap and said he didn't feel good. He has a fever. I called one of the BB coaches and told her he wouldn't be playing today. I was to bring snack, but her & I switched weeks. I had them all bagged up & ready in the car so I wouldn't forget them. Figures. Doesn't pay to be organized! LOL! Had to go to the bank & get gas this morning. When I got home, Corky was not happy because he just got done cleaning up throw up from Blaise. My stomach is rolling a bit and I don't know if I'm getting sick or it's sympathy pains. This afternoon I hope to ice all the sugar cookies. Should be able to accomplish that since we don't have to stop & go to a BB game.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Cookie, I hope you're not coming down with something, too!
                Thank you for posting for Maxie.

Maxie, that island would be perfect for me, too!
                (I've really got to get my oncologist to check my red blood count! I hate being cold.)
                Hope your computer gets fixed soon. I miss your posts.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

​The last few days have been busy, long and filled with both good and bad things. The roller-coater life is NOT for me. Today, I slept late, ate breakfast late and now I am trying to get a whole load of paperwork, etc. filed. It is hard to get motivated when I don't feel good.

​My sister, Judy, has been in the hospital for almost a week. She has COPD and pneumonia. She refuses to quit smoking, so she is not easy to feel sorry for.

I will stop in later. I do hope that everyone has a great weekend. It is cold here, but lots of you are much colder!! Stay safe and warm and do something you really enjoy!!!
                  "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
                  X