Tuesday, January 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, January 17

Good morning. I can't believe I'm the first one here. If there's another post started, will an admin please go ahead and delete this one or combine it with the other?

We got back from Las Vegas yesterday afternoon. Had a great time visiting Dominique and family. We had a little bit of bad weather through the canyon from home along the I-70 til we got to the I-15. Saw a one-car roll over that had just happened and the highway patrol was just arriving.... hope the driver was okay.

Really funny thing happened the first time I tried to take Tommy (4 months old) to hold him. He took one look at me and let out a very long, very loud blood curdling scream... then started to cry. It took him 4 tries before he finally let me hold him, and only then because I had his bottle to feed him. However, he took to Ralph right away! Most kids shy away from Ralph the first time they meet him.

I have no plans for the day other than to do some laundry.

Hope you all have a wonderful day... safe and warm.

Good morning everyone...

I can not believe eaither..jgarcia...

It will be another wet day...It is good to stay home..I have some sewing..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• bethina
      bethina commented
      Editing a comment
      lol love the kitty this morning

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      I also love the graphic this morning, too funny.

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bethina,Aww..Thank-you..I like it too..
      Boffler..I thought so too..It is too funny..lol..
      thank-you...all

Good morning...running behind as normal these days...

Comment

Good Morning! It's a wet dreary one out there today.

Yesterday was a lazy day. The play date fell through because the little boy woke with a fever. Shoot, I cleaned for nothing. LOL! Of course there is always laundry to do & I did dump & clean out the junk drawer. Took a couple cat naps & read. Cooked dinner.

Today is our GIRLS shopping day. I've got gift certificates & birthday money. My niece who is still home from college is coming along with her Mom and Becca is off work today, so she's meeting us too. All but Becca are meeting at my Mom's and then we'll go from there. Becca will meet us in town. Of course lunch will be the highlight of the day. I told Cork he may have to get Blaise off the bus and I wasn't cooking tonight...leftovers. Blaise has BB practice, so I'll be doing that.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning and like Donna a wet, dreary one out there.

Love the graphic this morning from sassy...

Judy that is funny about the baby, weird how that can happen. Glad you made it back safely...
        Donna, have a fun day, sometimes you just have to let lose and have some fun with the girls...enjoy your day.

Nothing planned here today, this darn dreary weather is not conducive in getting anything done. So will just play it by ear, might just stay in my nightgown with a warm blanket and read a book...or cut out more pattern pieces for my quilt..

Have a great day one and all...hugs and good wishes for a good day.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Boffler,Awww..thank-you..Too cute for words..lol..

Good Morning, don't know what the temp is but it don't seem real cold. In fact sister keeps the house warmer than I'm used to so at times I just have to go back into my "freezer" turn on my blanket and snuggle down.

Comment

Good morning .. well. very wet morning . but not freezing

D. wants to go to Walmart.. and I want to go to the Library... so will combine the trip , leave in a bit... hate slopping around in the wet .. but will make a list and hope I get to stay home for a few days after this trip..

yesterday was fun , Granddaughter and fiance . went with us to a special restaurant... they have been "spatting" .but think they have it back together again.. seemed happy... and this
          nagging, old Nana had a few words for the young man... " Cherish what you have.! she is a special young lady..." he agreed. ..he is a nice guy too.. Nice to hear us all laughing together.

Sharon, nightgown ,robe. book .ahhhh. my favoite attire.
          Hi Darla..Bethina, Donna. Judy ,Sassyg. and all to come .. read more this evening .
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, all.
            It's 39° outside now, but going to 62° this afternoon. Small chance of more rain, too.

Yesterday was good. E was iffy about whether or not he wanted to go to the movies. So finally he decided and we went.
            The theater wasn't too crowded. There was a large group of women of color way up in the balcony, who loudly applauded when the women in the movie made a significant advancement. A few people in the handicapped section behind us, and a couple at the end of the row we sat near the front. No one was coughing or anything.
            The movie was excellent. I wrote something in Subjects of Interest, but didn't want to say too much and spoil it for anyone else going to see it.
            It brought back lots of memories to me about segregation (which I never witnessed except on busses) and prejudice (which our town was immersed in, but I never understood at the time). Believe me, after I left home I had to unlearn a lot of derogatory terms for people of all races and cultures. I wasn't taught what was derogatory.

We did go out for dinner afterwards, to Applebees. The chicken strips I ordered were piled high, and I have enough leftovers for 2 meals. What I really wanted was the onion rings that I substituted for the fries.

Well, today we pack stuff for our trip to MI. I've got all my stuff ready. We try to put everything in one big suitcase; it's doable. But we will have to carry on our coat or jacket.
            I need to ask whether he called for the airport shuttle.

Happy shopping, Cookie!
            Sassy, that's one funny cat!
            Judy, isn't it unsettling when a baby screams like that? Babies generally love Ellis right away, but he's the funny guy. I
            don't seem to come on to young children the same way, either.

To everyone, have a really great day! 🌞
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              JoGee,Thank-you..lol..

• boffler
              boffler commented
              Editing a comment
              Safe travels Jo & Ellis.....you will be probably about 1 1/2 from me.....I live in Fostoria, OH my son lives in Newport, MI and I went to John Glenn High School in Westland/Wayne my freshman year of high school...well some of it at least...MI has the worst roads of any place I have ever been...what motel are you staying in?

Today is our last day without rain and then we have a week of it coming!
            My mother will have surgery after all...her doctor referred her to an ortho surgeon and he scheduled her for Friday.
            Becky is over at her house already to help her get dressed and ready for the day.
            Our temperature is in thev40's now and will go,up to 55. So not bad, no complaints here. So many of you have much worse.
            Have a good day and keep focused on the positive ( no matter how hard we have to look!)

Comment

Sharon.....just saw your post.
              Hey, we were almost neighbors back when, weren't we! Didn't realize how close you were.
              Yes, I know about the MI roads. They've been horrible for years. But for repairs being done on long stretches of roads, they've got the most delightful very sad face to very happy face signs along the way. But it's no excuse for the lousy repair jobs. I thought Mississippi had bad roads, accusing them of "fixing" the potholes with bubble gum.....it all washed out during the next rain. 🙄
              We will be staying in a Country Inn & Suites somewhere there. We do have a full itinerary this trip. E has more family now than I do. All the kids of his deceased siblings. There's a passel of them. I have my brother who is a must-see. (And a cousin that we don't see that often out in the country, and he has a sister whom I barely know. I also recently learned that learned I have cousins around Detroit that I've never even met. Maybe some day my brother will arrange something so I can meet them. But it won't be a cold weather visit then.). 😄
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X