Sat. Jan. 14th, when your retired everyday is a weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat. Jan. 14th, when your retired everyday is a weekend

Good Morning to all....been up for awhile catching up with a few things, I have come to the conclusion, hubby gets a whole lot more sleep than I do...

Got the grocery shopping done yesterday, was kind of nice having him go with me, he was a gopher, a cart loader and unloader, carried the groceries into the house and even helped put them away, I could get use to this.. Had a lot of meat to sort and package for two, and bought a bunch of chicken, seasoned it and he grilled it and then he sliced and diced it, and bagged put in freezer to have for later usages..Fixed supper and then next thing you know the day is gone...the roast in the crockpot was delicious, used golden mushroom soup, beef onion dry soup mix, water and let it cook all day, then added celery, carrots, potatoes, onions, and made some dinner rolls...great supper..

My sons girlfriend taught me when you buy green onions or anything with a 'root' store it in your fridge but put in water, they sure last longer and the blades stay green. Thinking this morning some buttermilk pancakes and sausage links sound good for breakfast, will get that started before to long, maybe the smell wafting through the house will wake hubby up, no plans for the day, wanted to go visit our son but he is working...so want to find something to do just to get out of the house...

Have a great weekend one and all...on to read the news and then start breakfast..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..It is foggy to day...

I hate morning chores..

Boffler,It is to have helper..To shop..The do understand how hard it is..To find things and use the coupons too....I had go gopher too..But they do not help..To put the thing away..But it is great help..To bring it in..Into the house..He is "JEM"..He is keeper..I had do it by my self..When i put the thing away..It take me longer.."WOW"...Can he come over and do mine..LOL..And "COOK"..Lucky.!!!
    Here is pic...That is cat "MEOW"..LOL..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning.
      Boffler, I think all hubbies get more sleep than we do.
      This month really has been all weekends for me....no appointments. That changes in February, which I still need to put on my calendar.
      Your meal sounds really great. We might stop over tonight and help polish off the leftovers!😉

Rain predicted for later today and again tomorrow. I hope it happens. Our barometer seems to confirm it though.

I still need to gather my stuff to pack for our trip this week. I wonder if E's "evil twin" will send him a birthday card? She should get her card today. We got a really sloppy generic post card for the holidays....it came late. She's mad about something. She especially hates if we know some family news before she did. We do, but we won't admit to anything other than E seeing his brother just before he died. That will save some of the nephews/nieces some grief. Evil twin holds mean grudges for a very long time.

No big plans for us today.
      A nuked breakfast sandwich sounds good for today.

So to any early birds who were typing while I'm pecking this post out, and to those who arrive later,
      HAVE A GREAT DAY! 🌞
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! Looks like a dreary one out there today.

Yesterday was good. Blaise was home sick yesterday but didn't seem sick most of the day. Got our errands organized and off we went. Came home and baked off the Hunkie cookie dough I had mixed up earlier. A new customer gave me her family recipe to make her order and I didn't really like it, so I decided to make my recipe and see if there really was a difference...there is. I'm going to call her today & ask her if she wants to try my version. I also had an order for a peach pie. I didn't freeze any peaches, but they were willing to try a peach pie made from canned peaches. She called me later & said it was great, so they'll be ordering more from me, so I'm going to go stock up on some canned peaches so I'll be ready when they call.

My car needs new brakes & rotors, and was really noisy when we were running the errands. I called & left a msg to see if he could take it in Monday rather than Tuesday. Well he called back (he's off on Fridays) and said if we brought it over last night, that he might even do it today...MIGHT being the word. Fine by me. I had canceled Monday's eye appointments anyways. That's going to be an unwelcome bill, but that's life.

Played cards last night at my Aunt P's. My Mom also came and my Aunt P's daughter Colleen and her daughter. We taught my cousin & her daughter how to play Hand & Foot. Coll & I use to be very close growing up and then she went to college and we went different paths. We had a great time. She didn't have kids until she was 40 and so her youngest is only 3 yrs older than Blaise. I've been blessed with very little gray hair and people just assume I'm his Mom. Colleen has more than her fair share of gray hair even though she's a year younger than me, and she's asked by her daughter's classmates if she's her grandma. Makes her feel really old. LOL!

Not sure what today will bring. Slept in & moving slowly. Cork decided to clean the dishwasher & it's running right now with Clorox...stinky! I have Gobbs that need filled, so I'll be doing that once I get my kitchen back in order. I just can't find energy yet today.

Have a good one all!
        Last edited by cookielady; 01-14-2017, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Good Morning.

Super foggy this morning. Couldn't even find the yard.

I noticed my feet were getting dirty, so it was time to pull out the big steam mop. Took us longer to find the distilled water than it took to mop, even moving the table and other furniture - but now I have to wash my feet.

Chicken on the menu today. Plus we still have all this ham. Must figure out something to do with it.

Donna, maybe a day of rest would do you good.

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ladybug...It looked like pea soup.. outside...

Elaine, mac & cheese with ham could be a good casserole for church tomorrow.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning!
            I found out yesterday No daycare kids are coming on Monday, so I texted the one school child scheduled to be here and his mom said she would find other arrangements for him. Yay! Three day weekend which means I don't have to run to grocery stores today...I may, but I don't Have to.
            Monday is going to be my Get the Taxes Done day.
            Last night's shelter meal went great. I had my hair appointment right after so we talked about next month's meal while she was processing my hair.
            Even though we did ham in December we both like the idea of ham and scalloped potatoes. The person who volunteered to do potatoes in December did not make homemade, from scratch...and we want to make them.
            Sunny, cold day outside, but just that word Sunny is more than enough to make my day!
            Onward and upward, folks! Hope your day is full of smiles and lol's. Good for the soul.

Comment

I guess it s Good Afternoon.

I finally got out of the clutches of the Puzzle table... finished off the puzzle (#1) this morning .... took a look around and saw some things needed tended to!... downstairs kitchen needed mopping.. a load of laundry waiting for me ... and I should take time to hunt out any necessary tax information.. and stick together in a manila envelope.

Sassygirl ..I have been having fun telling people about the "twin " kitten picture...you had on before. thank you for hunting these for our enjoyment every day.!!!!!
              Sharon...Ah, yes I remember the days of the "helper"... ( and the re-arranger)..keep coming up with things to build in the shop!...

Donna, sounds like Grease Ball time ...tomorrow you are Birthday Girl!.. born 9 months to the day after her Parents Wedding!... perfect timing!.

Hi Paula..JoGee.
              Elaine ..to cure the dirty feet on your floor.... wear slippers!...
              Hi BarbCa. Darla, maxie. and lots of you ... Judy!
              Hi Justy ..OK?>

and now to set up another puzzle.. one done, only 11 to go.. ... no I won't do all eleven.. but they are a great thing to have on. if you are a football fan.. but only want the scores.
              IF I knew how to load pictures on here ,I have some cuties of my K.D.Kat.. and the puzzle table.

later..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                sassygirl01 commented
                Editing a comment
                Maye,I have too..LOL...Family...I saw it..It was too cute for words..thank-you..
                I had great time to hunt for them..And pick them out..And for the group...I thought everyone need a laugh for the day..And keep you smile.

Good icy afternoon! Actually so far we have missed the heavy ice but the trees are ice laden and are quite pretty...if you can find any beauty in winter!! Another batch of ice is suppose to hit tonight/tomorrow and that should be our heaviest of the storms. I have not done anything the last week and even now that I am better I still need a nap after any chore that I do manage to do. It is just the son and I so nothing of importance needs doing or cooked. No one is out stirring and it so quiet around here. Maybe they are all in taking afternoon naps which sounds like a fine thing to me. Positive thought of the day is yesterday and this mornings ice were light for us...thank you Mother Nature. Off to relax...watching the weather is so tiring.

Comment

• cookielady
                cookielady commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh thank goodness! I've been thinking about you for the last day or so. Perfect excuse to nap. YUP....maybe I'll take one with you.
            Working...
            X