Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Dec 19.

Good morning .....

up about 4.. K.D.Kat wanted company aggg. once awake ,too many things spinning inside head.. definitely nap in afternoon!....

have not check out todays weather.. if not snowing, raining, icy, we will probably head for some stores somewhere.... David spent yesterday football gaming... .. and will be restless to get out to stores today... agggg.. will be glad when this month is over... don't mind a long stay at home January... all plans there can be cancelled.. ..

I do have food all planned out for C.Eve.. but gifts are still not all here.. using the Bags so finishing up will be fast ...I will begin to set out dishes that need carried downstairs and each time I go down take something along..

spent mega amounts of time finding out how to get e-books from my lending library posted and downloaded to the new FIRE... and I got them on... honestly... the Nook was much more comfortable to hold . much lighter.... and one of my main lending libraries. does not download to Kindle. (at least not yet). ....I will keep exploring throught my computer and maybe find a way to still use the Nook

be back to check on you all later. have some coffee... sure hope SassyG brings donuts today.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good morning, Maye... and all who follow.

It's another cold one outside, but I don't think it's supposed to snow. That's a plus.

Maye, did you see my note yesterday about some sites to download free books? It's in the daily thread.

Today is my youngest grandsons 14th birthday. My, my, my... where do the years go?? He lives in Salt Lake with his mom and step-dad; his dad is here with us at the moment, and is probably going to go up to Salt Lake to deliver birthday and Christmas presents this afternoon. Not sure if Ralph and I are going with or not... I have stuff I want to do in Salt Lake, but it's difficult when I have one agenda and Jamie has another

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Stay warm and dry!

Comment

Good morning...its cold in my room...must be crazy cold outside..I think that I am going to lay down for just 15 minutes...this week was long yesterday wasn't great...Saturday was good...seeing my best friend Friday night was great!!

Comment

Good Morning. :

Well, it is definitely winter here - 19 degrees. Thank goodness no moisture to deal with.

Cancer center and doctor for us today. Too cold to do much in town after.

Staying warm by the fire is what we do best.

Hugs to Everyone.

Judy, take me to Salt Lake with you. I want to go back home.

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Elaine is this for a check up or something else? Prayers for you. I would love to be by a fire, I do miss our woodburner, no better heat than that..

• jgarcia
          jgarcia commented
          Editing a comment
          It's wicked cold here, Elaine... you SURE you want to go there? Not sure if we will go today or not, but we do need to get up and visit Ralph's mother before Christmas... you're welcome to come along

Good Morning, well this is the beginning of a very busy week...hubby's last week at work, daughter and family will be here 24th & 25th, still have grocery shopping and last minute shopping to do...still nursing the kitty back to good health, have cookies to frost and gifts to wrap...hubby did some wrapping for me over the weekend...he is having an emotional time, between retiring and receiving news about his biological Father...still very upset with his Mother, why couldn't she just say I saw in the newspaper that your biological Father passed, why add the "you and your brother were not listed in the obit, and I'll never understand how any man could just walk away from his children"!! The last comment is what really got to him, we discussed it, he knows in his heart his bio Father did what he thought best....but he also said a lot of the blame was on his Mother...too bad he doesn't say that to her..She is so afraid we will be in contact with his biological family, I'll tell you how bad it is, she saw Paula's name on my Facebook list and at Thanksgiving brought it up at the dinner table wondering if Paula was some of hubby's relatives that "I" had made contact with...but she made sure to do it in front of everyone...can anyone tell how PO'd I am?

I think Rufus is doing much better, he is still really sore and very swollen, but at least eating, drinking and going to the bathroom...of course he is on pain meds and antibiotics...

I really need to prioritize what I need to get done and order of importance, hubby says he will help me on Thursday & Friday, I have and infusion on Wednesday...so that takes almost a whole day away for me..

Hubby's work party was held at the performing arts center huge place, and always great catering, beautiful décor, food, etc. but I am not one that likes to hob nob or brown nose and lots of times that is what it is...who can dress the fanciest, kiss the most butt, etc., LOL....did see our old neighbors from Robinson, IL who moved to Findlay and year before we came back...they are retiring to Vermont this coming year..

Okay folks time to get this day started and get 'stuff' done...Hugs to all of you, I am so thankful to have you guys to visit and let my troubled mind off to..Bless you all...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you mean me? Because of my cousin remark??? I didn't mean to cause any trouble; just wanted an invite to all the fun!

• JoS
          JoS commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought when I read your post yesterday about Doug's party, how glad I am that I never have to attend anymore of those golf club, brown nosing events. Spent 15 yrs. of my life doing that and I wish now I'd never taken that job. i was a fish out of water and hated all of it. So understand your feeling on the matter!

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes Paula you, but do not feel bad, the whole thing is she is noisy controlling, etc. so do not even be concerned...I'm sure not.

Good FRIGID Morning! School is on schedule, so that's good. I have things to do, places to go, people to see.

Yesterday was very productive. Came home from church, had lunch, and laid down for a power nap....it was a quick one because a customer called. She had my pecan pie cookies at a cookie exchange and wanted more of them for herself. I was just getting ready to mix up 5 kinds of dough, so it was a good thing I got that call then. I ended up making a quad batch of pecan pie cookie dough plus the others. I got the thumbprints, magic bars, and most of the pecan pie cookies baked. Ran out of whipping cream for the pecan pie filling. Cork & Blaise went to get the Christmas tree after the football game. Man was the game a nail biter.

This morning I'm running into town to the bank, deliver a cookie order, and then the grocery stores. Then it's home to finish baking the pecan pie cookies, sugar cookies, and sandwich cookies. Tomorrow Sue comes and we'll be icing and finishing off anything else that needs done. Wednesday I start making up lots & lots of trays. Thankfully it'll be cold enough to store the made up trays out on the porch. It's count down for me. By this time next week I'll be relaxing....I think. May be hosting a Christmas/Graduation/Game night here. Will have to talk to SIL about it.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• jgarcia
          jgarcia commented
          Editing a comment
          Wish I had your baking energy, Donna. I keep thinking I should make some cookies, then I realize I'm too lazy to put them in and take them out of the oven *sigh*.... in all fairness, Ralph and I don't like the same kind, so if I make some for me, I'll end up eating them all... and he would eat 1-2 of anything I made that he liked and they'd go to "my waist"... maybe now that the weather has turned cold, I'll get up some ambition... maybe

Sharon, we go every Monday for a blood test to see how John's levels are doing and he gets two shots to help build bone marrow. It's a weekly thing.

Comment

brrr I really wish I could just stay home today...not in the best of moods...just feeling tried cranky and emotional...with no real reason too...

Comment

Good cold morning to everyone. It is cold here and will only get up into the low 40s today. Winter has started before it's officially winter.

My iPad locked up this morning and I had to reactivate it. It took an act of Congress to get the darn thing working because it wouldn't accept any of my passwords or user names. I finally won the battle though. Persistence usually pays off.

It's a cold, rainy day here and I have decided not to try to drive in it. That means I will once again miss book club. Grrrr h

I have to run. I have a few important phone calls that I need to make. See you later. Have a great day everyone.
            "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Good morning everybody! I went 'C' shopping this morning, and still didn't get everything. DH has a heel that's giving him pain and will see the doc at 2 pm. I am not planning on too much today personally. I'm headed over to the games and riddles forum. See ya.
              "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good morning everyone...

Rise and shine..
                I am so happy that it stop rainy..It is light snow here..

Maye....I got the donuts.!!!..And for everyone...

I saw this pic..And it is so true...lol...
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Paula A
                  Paula A commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol! so funny and I wish I knew how to copy that ! Love it! Because I have lived kit!

• sassygirl01
                  sassygirl01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PauaA..Thank-you..I wish you could...I did too....

A frigid morning here...wind chill -8 and no school because of the temps and ice coated back roads. I need to get out and finish Drew's shopping and make the exchange on his Dad's gift. Yesterday I stay in my jams all day and did nothing but walk to the kitchen and watch old movies. You would think that would have left me with tons of energy this morning but I am not to sure about that. Today us Jon's last day off before Christmas so am hoping he will drive me this morning. Wednesday I have that appointment, finally, with the endo and have no idea how long that will take AFTER I take the long drive there or what it will entail after waiting 4 months to see them. Probably be a wasted day. Need to shower and start this day. Lots to do but there usually is the week before Christmas. The sun is shining but Baby, it is cold outside!!

Comment

Chilly morning here, too! I haven't turned on the news yet but last night they said it was getting down to 26* and for everyone to take care of their pets. plants and pipes. My front area is covered in sheets. Thanks for the great idea, Maye. I didn't want to go buy anything.
                  Your remark about keeping the trays on the porch Donna reminded me of Thanksgiving when my SIL said it was cold enough to keep the leftover turkey outside on the porch at the rental...Becky and I kind of gasped before I told them, Not unless you want some night visitors...city folks aren't used to hearing about mountain lions, but we regularly have reports of them. With no garage (it was converted into a family room and is the daycare now), I have been tempted to keep some things out back on a shelf when the refrigerator can't hold anymore but there are raccoons in the neighborhood and I don't want to encourage them at all.
                  Well, the piano birthday went over Great! And the gingerbread cake roll turned out so well that along with the pizza, I am sure I gained a pound. Hopefully it will come off with the back to the diet routine...weekend eating can undo everything I have done for the week.
                  I have one school girl today. Catholic school is out for the break. Then on Thursday I have the REd Bluff school kids. then I am off for the week after Christmas until Jan 3. School won't be back in schedule unitl the 9th so I will have some more time with the Red Bluff kids. What a mixed up vacation this is this year.
                  My niece in MN posted a picture of the thermometer yesterday: -24!!! Spencer had seen it and was complaining it was 14* in MD, but I told him to look at her picture again and then he decided things could be worse Even when we lived in Iceland we did not have that kind of cold.
                  Judy, I hope you have something yummy in SLC. (I am always thinking of food!) They seem to have better doughnuts, breads and other foods than what we have here. Take care on those roads...
                  Enjoy the day, Everyone!
                  Beth, hope your day warms up and you can have some fun.
                  And really hope our friends and kitty will be getting better and back to their routine!

Comment

• jgarcia
                    jgarcia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    IF we go to Salt Lake, Paula, we will probably have a Crown Burger... for some odd reason, it's nearly impossible to find a GOOD pastrami burger in Las Vegas!! I'd also love to run to Granite Bakery... they have the best apple fritters and raisin filled cookies!

You mentioned it being cold enough to keep stuff outside. I've been doing just that... my leftovers go out there for a day or so. I believe it's colder out there than in the fridge. I'm going to have to check the cans of soda, though... it might be getting too cold for them.

• JoS
                    JoS commented
                    Editing a comment
                    James said it was 2 degrees when he woke up. Its up to 6 degrees now. Yucky!

Brrr.! Glad I'm staying home this week! Gonna bake a few cookies today, but not many....Jay nor I neither one need them! James will have a picnic though.

I saw I had some messages.,,,,,,:Lovey, Coni developed pancreatitis a couple of years ago. After vetting her 2 times with minimal results, we decided to do the humane thing. She was a sweet kitty and we have missed her.

Paula, I think you asked me something, too, but it dissapeared and I can't remember what it was....sorry, my memory is very bad anymore

The last few days, my abdomen has been paining me.....scares me silly as my Chron's was in remission for over 3 yrs. I'm praying it is just a passing thing. I just don't want to start going through all that again and I'm feeling whiny about it.. Those of you who pray, I could use some help from above on this!

Well, need to check facebook and finish my coffee and face the day. Hugs to all. Stay warm and stay safe!
                  Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                    It's a bright, sunny, and cold day outside. The cold weather seems to have come a month earlier than usual.
                    Nothing much going on here. We're taking it a day at a time. I didn't think healing would take so long, but then I'm not young any more. It'll happen eventually. Meanwhile, I have confiscated the wash cloths to control my continuing drainage. I see the surgeon on Wednesday for a quick follow up.

I'm still waking at 3 a.m., and it feels like 8 a.m. So I have a cuppa, read a bit, and go back to bed. And suddenly it IS 8 a.m.! 😄

I should probably put slacks on so I can use my leg massaging machine, and get that foot swelling back down.

I've really pretty much quit any idea of cooking or baking for now. I let E get the stuff from the store. Doesn't taste as good, but then I don't want very much of it. Call it the Yucky Stuff Diet. Next year is a new year, and things will start looking up again.

You're all so busy, and it sounds like fun. E was going to get me a tee shirt that says, "Don't get your tinsel in a tangle!", but we got there and they were all sold out. 😄

Have a great day, everyone.
                    Has Nalani posted recently? Hope she's doing well. 🎄
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                    X