Tuesday 12/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 12/6

Good morning for the first time in about 3 days I woke up feeling half way human. Work is work...I am surviving the extra 4 people in the house tonight we add 2 more..last night it was decided that the new norm will be dinner on the table at 5 and then they go work at the house for 3 hours....tonight is my night to buy the food and cook the dinner my sister bought and cooked last nights dinner...tonight we will have spagetti garlic bread and salad...Spagetti is my dad's request. I may or may not join the work crew at my sisters new home tonight...I have not decided but will probably be at home cleaning up the supper mess..I still have the supper dishes from last night to deal with when I get home from work and volunteering today.

I guess we are going to my parents home in IL for Christmas...it will be a nice treat to get away from Saint Charles and have a change of scenery for a couple days..

Everyone have a good day

Good morning Rounders! DH had to get his health screening done yesterday afternoon in order to become a volunteer for one of the area hospitals. He will be driving the golf cart to deliver/retrieve visitors to and from the parking lot. Did you know they do the Tetanus skin test by blood draw now instead of a skin test stick? And you don't have to go back in 3 days to have it read. Is that awesome or what! Anyway, he is all ready to start his volunteer work. I have not decided what I want to do yet, so I'm taking it slow and when the time is right I'll jump in with both feet. I am pretty sure it won't be the hospital though.

JoGee good luck on your surgery. I don't know what you are having done, but many blessings anyway. Hve a grt day all.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

Another wet day..I have to go to Wal-mart to pick up few things...

I saw this pic..And could not laughing..That would my cat do the same thing....lol..
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, my cat, too!

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Paula A.Two of mine..Would do it...

Good Morning....I am up, had a cup of coffee, got my shower, hair blown dry and dressed...ready for the phone call to come and get my kitty...I'm sure he is not going to be feeling all that great and not much climbing so I made a box with a nice cozy blanket and a towel...my cats prefer to sleep on towels...but usually on the back of the couch...having bladder stones and having your stomach and bladder opened up can't feel to great and they can't tell you when they need pain meds...so just watch and wait, all new food in the house, expensive to say the least...

Karliann, I knew that is how they did TB test, never knew they could do tetanus that way also..

Bethina, just enjoy your family time, someday you won't have that and it will be sad.

Sassy really cute graphic, I've been pretty lucky that my cats don't mess with my tree, maybe if it was a live one they would.

Getting a few things done this morning, Pat had posted on Facebook that she was making the Italian beef sandwiches, had been a long time since I made any so since I had to go to the store anyways I bought the fixin's so I could make them also. I'm sure today will be spent trying to take care of the sick kitty...well time to get a few more things done before I have to leave...Have a great day one and all...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Get better wishes for Rufus and hope you have a cozy indoor day cooking and nursing him back to health.

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Boffler,Thank-you..Really..not mine...

Lost my post....again. So will just say good cold gloomy morning. Most exciting thing on my list today is getting an oil change and buying groceries. I am sure I could find other things to do but will take the day as it comes. Have a happy one!

Comment

Good Morning.

Sharon, let us hear about kitty when you have time. What will you be feeding him? Ours eats Science Diet C/D and we can only buy it from a vet. They call it a "prescription," and yes it is not cheap.

karlinann, it is so good to find you here. I thnk your husband's volunteer job sounds fabulous. I would love to do that!

sassy the cat pic is the bomb. Somebody with a good camera caught it at the perfect time. No tree here, but when we had one, King could have cared less.

Well, John went 2 weeks without red and white blood building shots, and his numbers show it. Hope he isn't heading for a transfusion. It has been almost 4 months.

Is Jo's surgery today? Maybe we will hear from Ellis.

Well, I have a couple of messes to clean up, so better get going.

Hugs to All ~ ~ ~

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ladybug...It is..Who ever took the pic..that person was there at the right time..And the right place...
          Good King..!!!

Good Morning! We had a little bit of sun yesterday & it was wonderful. Back to clouds & cold.

Yesterday was good. Not super productive, but I just plugged along. Baked the 2 pies my brother orders and made up his cookie tray and the cookie tray for today's order. Cooked a dinner my husband was thrilled with. Blaise ate w/o complaint which is a plus. Chatted with Becca after she went to Advanced Auto to have the error code read...here it's just the gas cap & she's had the issue before....no big deal...thank the Lord!

This morning I'm going to mix up some more cookie dough and a couple batches of pie dough. I have to bake a pie for the doctor's office for tomorrow morning. Our financial guy is coming later this morning for our yearly sit down. He's a real nice guy. Will bake this afternoon. Went and got my lab work done first thing this morning after Blaise got on the bus.

Have a good one all!

Comment

good morning! I have a plumber coming this morning because the repair guy who came yesterday pulled out the washer and checked it and said it was a plugged pipe and I need a plumber and I owed him 79.95 for the house call. I kept thinking about it all day yesterday and I still think with so little done and so little time spent he should have charged less. But today I am trying to just focus on being positive and grateful I lhave a house and a washer...the plumber will be here early, too, so that is a plus, I guess. there is o way I can go without a washer and it is an older house...see? This is how I talk to myself and try to be my own voice of reason..
          Good news is I have an interview visit tomorrow with a parent who was referred by one of my current parents. Not in the bag, yet, but I am really hoping that it will be a good fit and I can fill the opening I have. It probably wont be until next month which is ok.
          Our school Christmas break is later this year, so I won't have the normal amount of school kids which would help the budget,especially on a month that I have one less child and one less week, since I took off the week after Christmas to go see Stuart and his family in WA...
          I need to get moving and open things up. Chilly here and we didn't go out yesterday so I am hoping it works out for today. I will just have to make our schedule work!
          I will be thinking of Jo today and John..hope his numbers work out for the best and Jo gets back to us soon.
          all the rest of you take care of yourselves and your loved ones (two legs and four legs!) and smile and spread around the Joy!

Comment

Good Morning .

up at 6 .. set &.make lists!!!!.... I find I work much better with a list .....went shopping for a bit yesterday while Pharmacy was filling scrips... without a list.. got almost nothing .. and did not get anything done at home .. no list!...So ooooo..today the list is made out.... 2 loads of laundry already done. one more... bedrooms tidied up and sorted out. going to dust a bit and get DAvids new jeans hemmed. ( yes they are on the list.)

I did make the phone calls to the older two Grandgirls nd settled that we will be baking this coming Sunday... Shawna even volunteered to come earlier in the forenoon and do the mixing up of doughs ..since they have to chill... ......

major upset over my Nook being almost useless to me now.E books will not download..... and since I don't feel "smart" enough to set up everything on the new FIRE tablet Karen gave me as an early C. gift.. which Says I will be able to download books... altho. it is not clear if it means I can Borrow ebooks..and return.... if it can't do that . I will end up purchasing a basic Nook reader again. UNLESS all of this is the fault of my OLD computer.. which does not have window 10 on it... I am an unhappy ebook reader and might have to go back to reading books from a real library .(the FIRE is connected directly through wife..no computer needed as it is a mini computer)

Beth , deep breath and move a little slower..The company is nice. but work huh?.. btdt
            Sassyg. have had a cat do that!!!!. but hopefully K.D. Kat is too big to try it this year... cute
            Hi Sharon. hoping kitty will just want to sleep , at home, in the quiet ,in familiar smells and voices.. .
            Elaine, why did John skip the two weeks.. on purpose by Dr?.
            Maxie , have fun on your exciting day
            Hi Karlinann..... so nice having you posting again..I have spent the past year as care giver of Hubby. He had Aortic Value replacement and double bypass surgery last Jan.he was very very close to having a closed Aortic value....he recovered beautifully from the surgery. but it left him with a balance issue... he has fallen backwards and gets unsteady on his feet and the stubborn man will not carry and use a cane. the Heart Dr. thinks the problem is the spinal stenosis . pinching nerve to leg muscle...?????. So I am driver of car. and all around " get this, get that ".. up the stairs and down the stairs Person.. ... thats been my life lately. ..we do have a little 1yr great grandchild.. the only one.

and Hi to you all.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              Maye,Me too..They will..They will try.....Thank-you..

Beth, for some reason I cannot make a comment on your post. I love St. Charles, we were there a couple of weeks ago! I guess when you live there you get ready for a change of scenery but to go to the Historic Area is such a treat for me. Even though it is cold and crowded...are you close to the old section?

Comment

• bethina
              bethina commented
              Editing a comment
              I am 10 or 15 minutes from old Saint Charles....Old Saint Charles is one of my most favorite things about living here....my favorite thing is to get off the bus and get ice cream at Kilwin's or cookies from Grandma's cookies..and just take a walk...I do really love it at Christmas but Christmas in old town is not my most favorite time to be on main....One of our stops every time we are down there as a family is Main Street Market. Its a spice shop...

Good Afternoon Rounders. Makes me tired to read everyone's busy days. Mine is busy too....I guess that's better than staring at 4 walls everyday. I used to visit a lady at our local nursing home that had a sharp mind, but she was badly crippled by arthritis and a major stroke. She was in the 4 walls of her nursing home for 14 years. She used to pray every night not to wake up but she said she didn't know why God was ignoring her prayers because she just kept waking up. She finally got her prayers answered a few years later. So, I guess I'll think of her and try not to complain too much! I am listening to a great song... 'In The Eye of the Storm' by Ryan Stevenson.....this song brings me peace. Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday!

Comment

Aloha all!

Nice to see Lovey and Karliann posting again. I have not posted for a while and just late doing so I guess. I am so far behind everyone in hours that a lot of you are eating lunch when I'm just getting up. Anyway have a nice day or evening for most of you all!

Comment

Jo G. Is out of surgery and has been moved to a hospital room. She has slept most of the day after rising very early this morning. Her surgeon just came by and told ther hat tomorrow she should start sitting up and walking. She'll talk more when all the tubes are removed and she can move more easily.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                X