Tuesday 11/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 11/22

Good morning....work yesterday was OK...busy but ok..for the most part the customers were pretty nice..didn't seem to have many customers...

Church last night was really good...pizza party was great...

Mom and dad go home today..I will join them after work tomorrow...We all will come back on Thursday afternoon..I have to work...We are told that things will slow down in our store for awhile now through Christmas because a lot of people are not going to buy used merchandise to give as Christmas gifts.

I requested the first 2 Fridays off in December and I got both of them!!! I will Christmas shop with my sister and mom and cousins and one aunt the First Friday....the 2nd one I requested is a Big Christmas party at center where I volunteer. There is an organization that I am a part of through church and they do different things in the community to target different age groups...I noticed when I started volunterring the individuals love visitor. We will have a pizza party and play bingo.

After work today I will be making pickle wrap dip for the pot luck at work tomorrow

Good morning, Beth and all. Looks like a cool but pretty day coming up.

Grandson and family expect to get here around noon. Not really ready for them to see my messy house but at least I'm feeling closer to human today.
    I did manage to get the couch cover replaced and ironing it wasn't nearly as difficult as the first one even though they are the same. I don't mind that at all.

Well, I guess I had best bet started. Everyone take care.

Comment

Good morning.
      We didn't get rain yesterday, and though it's still overcast I doubt we'll get any today either.
      Nothing much going on today....a bit of grocery shopping is all. A few basic things for Thanksgiving and that's it.
      The kids are all busy with their own family plans, so there's no company plans for us. It'll be a simple meal for us. A quiet day will suit the both of us.

I need to bake something else soon. We finished those gingerbread cupcakes. Betty Crocker yielded only about a dozen.

Well, I'm catching up on my reading til E wakes up. Faye Kellerman isn't so bad....I got a kindle freebee. The Ritual Bath. The mystery is whether the rape in a Jewish community is connected to the rapings across town. I just started the book last night.

It's a nice hot-mocha morning. I'll wait on breakfast til E gets up.

Have a great day.
      Last edited by JoGee; 11-22-2016, 09:21 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning to all...been in the kitchen all morning making potato salad now taking my coffee break and then get back to it...

Got two pies made yesterday, have to get the apple one made today and something chocolate...chopped all the onions and celery I am going to need...

Had to take cat back to vet, just not happy, I just do not think it is 'stress' from us being gone, we have taken many trips over his 9 yrs. and have yet to have him 'stressed'. I wanted him to have a shot of Prednisone, but instead he gave him more pain meds in hopes he will overcome his fear of going to the bathroom and go more often, well if the bladder is inflamed give him something for the inflammation...time for a different vet..could not get an xray as the power went off while there and the generator can not run the xray machine...so far out about $400 and still he is miserable..

Got a basket for my Christmas tree from Balsam Hill and it was mangled and really no good way to set the tree in it...had a discussion with them yesterday, returning it, now that I know what it looks like going to buy a large basket and have hubby modify it...the pictures on Balsam Hill website looked so pretty with the tree sitting in it...I gave our large tree to our daughter so I ordered a smaller one...

Also playing phone tag with my sisters travel agent, we are trying to get a trip together to Hawaii in April...was going to be May but travel agent suggested April...so will try catching up with her today...

Always something.

Well folks, nice visiting, coffee is empty and the kitchen awaits..

Have a great day one and all...hope to be back later...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Barb, they are going to be happy to see and be with you! Have a great family time!
          Beth, that is so nice that you took off work time to volunteer. That is what the season is about and you always have a great attitude about helping others all year.
          I am not using the ebay books I bought as Christmas gifts, but because the first group I bought were in near perfect condition, and some brand new, I bought another small bunch of winter and Christmas children's books and asked the seller to mail directly to my Maryland grandsons and she said yes. They don't have a lot of English books other than Dr. Seuss, so my whole point here, Beth, is that some good condition items from a thrift store are great finds for gifts. (I should know: I donate so many never worn, bought on impulse clothes items, still with their tags!)
          I got a few things off my list done yesterday. I had a nail appointment after daycare so that took up the evening. When I got home Becky wanted to talk about her schedule next semester and the frustrating registration process...trying to keep an alert look on my face while she was telling me the difference in the science classes and what she had already taken....I must have done it and I didn't start yawning until I was turning off lights, so all ended well.
          The big (kind of bad news) is she will be driving down to Chico 3 days a week. Unlike community college, there are very few online options for classes. So right when I have one less child in daycare the driving will go up a ton! but she was talking about how she is planning on budgeting for it, so...the gas is one thing, but the horrible two lane highway that is very accident prone is what worries me the most. I keep telling myself if it were me driving down would I worry so much? and the answer is no, so let go of the over worrying about it.
          Sorry for all that.
          I hope you all are managing your thoughts and issues better than I am at the moment.
          We had fog yesterday morning and it was kind of pretty. About the only kind of white stuff we get. In December we get a lot of fog and my kids grew up calling it our White Christmas! tHEY lOVED the Christmas we went to Rhode Island to my parents.
          Have a good day and enjoy whatever you have to do and whomever you are doing it with! (sorry Elaine for the dangling preposition)

Comment

Good morning everyone..
            Rise and shine..

Phone been rang off the wall to day..I need a break..lol.

I thought ..i would do something different on the pic..Bunny,,
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning

company in the house makes for a very different kind of schedule... up late . slept in, kind of.. now Pam and I are going to Library and Groc. store.

. watched movies before DWTSs come on .. so a waaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much TV for me yesterday... .. DWTSs finishes tonight .... my three favorite choices are the finals....... want the little Gymnast to be first. but won't mind if one of the others gets more votes... thats tonignts tv viewing ..... glad it will be over..... hate being tied to a tv time!...

Hi Bethina. Paula. Barb..Sharon. ( all my baking is done on Thursday morning... I did get the homemade noodles made yesterday.. ready for the pot on Thur). ..
              Jo G.. so glad Ellis is home. and a quiet day after what he has just been through is what you two need.

Hi to all of you... Slow down Donna,, and Jostoy..

see you later. Pam is ready to go..
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Sassy....love the bunny. What an odd angle to take the picture, as I had to figure out what it was.

I think you're right, Maye. We need some quiet time here. E's brother is back in the hospital on a morphine drip.

Paula, I understand your concerns about Becky driving that route, but you asked yourself the right question. I'll keep her in my special thoughts and hope positive energy goes her way.

Sharon, the poor kitty. Yes, find another vet! Have a nice, long discussion with him before he gets started so he knows your exact concerns.
                Last edited by JoGee; 11-22-2016, 10:59 AM.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                  sassygirl01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  JoGee,thank-you.."YES"..It is..Me too..i had to do double look too....But cute..

Good Morning! The sun is shining but still is very frigid out there.

Yesterday morning I had a hard time finding my energy. Did deliver the P Rolls to the doctor's office. He was in the break room when I delivered them, so I got to show him the copy of my sugar readings personally and he readjusted things and we'll give this a try...perfect timing! Went to Aldi's & Giant Eagle then home. My energy FINALLY kicked in around noon time and I got a lot done. Made 10 batches of pie dough, 2 carrot cakes for the freezer, and 4 choc rolls. Rolled out some of the dough for the pans.

One of my newer customers stopped by expectantly. He brought his work buddy along who wanted to add another pie to their order and meet this lady who's been baking for them. The buddy ended up buying one of the extra choc rolls and Jerry ordered some cookies too. I called Andy at the shop next door to come get the choc roll ended for their evening snack.

This morning I got the spicy pumpkin pie & an apple pie made. The P Pie is for a customer picking up at noon and the apple pie is for the Thanksgiving Pie Celebration in Blaise's classroom at 2pm. I'll be going for that later. Will start baking the pumpkin pies for the rest of the orders later. I made a good mistake last week....was reading the Libby recipe & had all the sugar & spices mixed when it hit me I was only making a single recipe, so I measured out half (a heaping 3/4 C) and saved the rest. So the other night I made a big batch of sugar & spices for at least 10 pies. It was so slick this morning to just dip in & get 3/4 C already mixed. I had to add a little bit more spices because that's what they want.

Sue came this morning and we rolled out the rest of the pie dough. We then packed up cookie orders with the cookies we had available. The big project was the 40 doz sugar cookies. So now I know where we stand and what we will have to make. I'm hoping to get the rest of my orders this weekend. Got everything tucked back into the freezers. I feel very accomplished. Well worth what I spend on Sue. I'm not as stressed this year and I'm doing things with Blaise. After the pie thing, I'm bringing him home with me and we are going to stop at the library on our way home. Becca will be getting home around 9:30 and will be here until Saturday morning.

Have a good one all!!!!

Comment

Good morning or afternoon..been on the run again this morning. When did the holidays become such a lot of running here for this and there for that? Scott is coming Thursday morning and staying over..yep, staying over...with his dog...for four days. He has a good dog but she is a dog and in my house and while she is not on the furniture she is in his bed. When you are not in the mood and everything thing seems to be causing aggravation hosting his dog is a bother. Was going to wash rugs but don't have to do that now. Will run the vacuum for my own personal peace of mind and dust but no sense cleaning much until after. Been doing some more shopping and funny thing, ran out of allotted money before the end of my list. I am probably just being overly generous and compensating for the fact that I don;t want to buy any gifts anyway. You can call me scrooge, you can call me whatever but don't call me to do anything!! Jon was off yesterday but took a field trip with Andrew's class to the Science Center. Drew is out early today then on Thanksgiving vacation and we won't see him since they go out of state of the holiday. He is happy about it and even cleaned his room for Uncle Scott and Rosie to stay in. Evidently Sierra is mad at us for some unknown reason but I really smell her mothers involvement. Why can't that witch just stop? The kids birthday was Saturday and we haven't seen hide nor hair of her. It is to the point that we do not care if we see Sierra or not...these mythical mads she gets are wearing us down and Jon never even ask if she is coming. She is suppose to be here Thanksgiving since she has not had one this season but who knows. Her mother does not provide her a holiday dinner..they are working. Great so is my son but I have always managed to provide a dinner for him sometime in the week of Thanksgiving. Saw that Jon and Andrew put the tree up in the boys cave but it has no lights or decorations. Maybe they will do that tonight. Not cooking and they can go out for pizza and bring me a piece. I will snuggle down and watch a hockey game tonight and start cooking tomorrow. Friday Scott wants to go to Old St. Charles and then Saturday Jon is off and they will go to a train show. I am cold and I am crabby and if I don;t get some holiday spirit soon they are going to throw an old wet blanket over me and put me in the laundry room...

Comment

Working...
                  X