Tuesday 10/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 10/18

Good morning....work yesterday was ok...I got my Job done early so I got stuck working on the kids department...I hate the kids department! So confusing...not even sure if I did things the way he wanted it....if I didn't and he says something about it then I am going to tell him I did the best I could and could I please be shown exactly how they want the kids department done just the same way they did with men's.

Working...volunteering..going out tonight..

Good morning

Bethina,, you can't do something right if you don't know what they want.!.. now relax.. I don't think I would like Kids department either...

Yesterday.. got Donna a tray full of "grease" balls made.. she should be good for a week or so.. ( the real fun is we get to be together and talk !).

Granddaughter Hannah has a long weekend from school coming up and she wants to Bake something .. will work on a groc list and look through recipes.

Mark just walked in .. be back later.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning....this morning is the first morning that I have had total silence in over a week, I have missed it....I got lots of rest yesterday, this cold will run its course but in the mean time I still have things I have got to get done...first being getting a shower and heading out shopping, need to get my granddaughters birthday gift and card in the mail today, her birthday is the 23rd...If I would have had time before we went on vacation I would have bought it and taken it with me. The older I get the slower I get...have to prioritize my life now, LOL...

The Soarin ride we spoke of yesterday takes you around the world pretty much, and where the deer and antelope roam...with smells and such along with it, very realistic the Eiffel tower was amazing...we all loved it.

My head is totally congested along with my chest, have coughed so much I have to hold my ribs on the right side when I cough because it HURTS!! I use the heck out of sanitizer, liquid and wipes but the thing you can't avoid are those that sneeze and cough that do not cover and let it spew everywhere....

Maye since you are out and about and helping Donna does this mean that your case of shingles is letting go of its hold on you?

Beth agree with Maye, you don't know the job if it isn't shown to you, but be nice in how you say it...makes a big difference..

Well I must get busy and get this day started, so much to try and get done...need some groceries for here also, so a little grocery shopping also...

Very windy out today don't like driving when it is like this but I must....Have a great day one and all....if we look at the beauty and wonder around us how can we complain...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is shining...yea!!!!

Yesterday was very good. Productive but at a nice pace. I made 2 more carrot cakes for the freezer though one of the layers burned, so I only have enough for 1 1/2 cakes. GRRRR!!! Then I baked off & iced the maple creams and gobbs. Got that all cleaned up and then iced 9 doz bat sugar cookies. While that was all happening, I defrosted my freezer because SOMEONE (me) left the door open a crack for a couple of hours and since I need every inch during cookie season, it needed defrosted. Since the frost wasn't super thick, it didn't take too long or much effort. It took more effort to unload it. Cooked a real dinner...salmon...yum!!!

This morning Sue is coming to help for a few hours. I'm going to have her roll out pie crusts. I'm hoping to get 5 kinds of cookie dough mixed up and maybe some baked off and make at least 6 pumpkin rolls. Have to squeeze a trip to Aldi's in there somewhere. Oops...just remembered I don't have anymore powdered sugar, so pumpkin rolls will have to wait until later this afternoon.

This evening I'm going with a group of friends of my SIL to go see Revival US 2016 at the theater. It's a one showing only thing. Kirk Cameron is the host of it.

Off to the kitchen....have a good one all!
        Last edited by cookielady; 10-18-2016, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Another do nothing day. Except I may mow the yard this morning as rain is predicted for the next 3 days starting this afternoon.

Everyone have a good one.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning.

I sat down here a 1/2 hours ago to sign in and I've had 2 long phone calls and disrupted this business.

Nothing going on and nothing to report. John's HGB was OK, so no transfusion so we are at home for the day. Yay!

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Good morning! We are supposed to have a 40% chance of rain this morning so it will be a patio play time if the rain is not coming down when the time comes.
              I made Lemon ricotta cookies yesterday for a daycare mom's birthday. If I would have seen it coming up (I don't think Facebook warned me) I would have made a carrot cake, which I knkow is her favorite. But since I always have lemons on hand and I had just bought some ricotta I made cookies instead. Her baby gave me enough time during his morning nap to get them done. Amazing how fast some things go together when the kids are busy with projects and playing (and I mix and prepare at the daycare table!)
              Today after daycare I have a large sheet cake to make for tomorrow's youth meeting. It is one of our girl's birthday and I said I would make one.
              Not sure if it was here or somewhere else online that someone (Donna? Pat?) said to pump up a cake mix with extra flour, eggs, etc...I am going to look for that.
              Beth, I bet every store's kid department gets mixed up from all the moms who have to shop with their kids and just put things back wherever and however they can. You can ask the superviser even before he says anything to you, about he wants it done so the next time you fill in, you will know what is expected. I say Approach him and Ask before he has a chance to talk to you!
              JoG, have fun and enjoy your vacation.
              Jostoy, am glad I mowed before all our rain came in. Now the big job will be raking up the leaves that the wind and the rain have brought down!
              Hope all of you are well or getting there.
              Have a good day!

Comment

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine..
                It is laundry day..So much fun...lol..

And i have my littler helper too..
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning.
                  Today was supposed to be 90°, but it looks like Mother Nature decided to keep it cool in the 70's.
                  I think we're having lunch on the Queen Mary today.... E had a hassling time trying to arrange it, but then we lost WiFi here. Its still out, so iPads aren't working. I'm posting from my iPhone, though.
                  After lunch we are heading home, and we're breaking the drive into 2 days again.
                  My aches from the fall are actually beginning to subside. My knees look bruised, in a way that makes them look like eyeballs. Lol!
                  Paula, I made those cookies once, but it didn't turn out too well.
                  Elaine, am glad John is doing okay.
                  Sharon, I hope you feel better soon. That ride sounds like fun!
                  Beth, that's a tough department...kids make sure to leave a mess behind.
                  Maye, always encouraging us!
                  Cookie, forever busy with yummy baking!
                  Joystoy, always squeezing another job, when anyone else would say "aw, it can wait another day!"

Coffee's good today!
                  Have a great day!!! Be happy.

Sassy, that cat is me today! 🐱
                  Last edited by JoGee; 10-18-2016, 10:06 AM.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                    sassygirl01 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    JoGee,Me too..

Morning all

Big scare here yesterday - my co-worker Susan has been having colon issues for over a year. She got sent to the ER with a surgical consult yesterday - after a CAT scan, they determined that no surgery is imminently necessary - but may be schedule for down the road soon. She's on MAJOR antibiotics and out of work for a while. So it's up to me and Dennis (our manager) to cover everything. Looks like I may not get a weekend off for a good while now *sigh*

It's okay though - because I know she'd gladly cover my schedule if it were me.

Otherwise, it's pretty quiet around the office - luckily, it's our slow season, so no worries.

I'm off to schedule some carpet cleanings. Y'all have a good 'un!
                  The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

SassyGirl.... if I were a Cat.... that would be ME.... I get up and set on the edge of the bed ..and stare at the wall.. Thumbs up for this picture!!!!
                    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                      sassygirl01 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maye,I would be cat..Me too..I would be little bit different..I would strech out on the bed..Where it is soft and warm..That where i woould be..Thank-you..

Didn't feel great this morning so just glumped around then realized i needed to run home to the bank and into the doctors office for an explanation on what I needed to fill out on a medical paper. So instead of a jammie day I have been running...still not feeling the greatest so may have pizza for supper. The guys won;t care. Fixed a beautiful pork roast and red potatoes last night and as I was setting the table Sierra announced she was going home since mom was alone. Damn that mommy dearest is getting on my nerves. Any excuse to keep the kid from spending time here. Andrew disappeared after supper and I found him at Sierra's desk doing homework. What a shock! He ask for some help with social studies and then went right on to math. He multiplies so slow but did it mostly alone and I checked it per his request. Now if that kid does spelling tonight with the same mood I know the world is going to end soon! We praised and praised and carried on and he appeared to be proud of the results. As he went out the door last night he ask if I would buy him a book tomorrow from his reading form. I swear the sky is going to fall! But one night does not make Andrew a scholar so we will see. Hockey tonight is late so maybe I will take a nap and feel better. Made it to 91 yesterday with a hot breeze and sun but is overcast tdoay but still unseasonably warm with less wind. Switched out closets Sunday so figures it would get hot again even for a couple of days. Think I will go check on the days news and then pray for this election to be over. Modern technology with face book, twitter and constant news channels is not helping. I liked the good ole days where you got junk in the mail and not pop ups on the computer!

Comment

Working...
                    X