Tuesday 10/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 10/4

Good morning..I survived work yesterday...on my supervisors was in a mood and I felt like he was taking it out on me some...OH well...I had the entire men's department to go through yesterday and I survived. Mondays are always a bit more work anyways so I was proud of myself for making it through the entire department with time to spare...Won't know what work brings until I get there and find out.

Daddy is here meaning I cooked dinner for everyone last night and then cleaned up the kitchen..we had spagetti which what I am going to have for breakfast...I like left over supper food for breakfast. We also had chopped salad garlic bread and store bought peach pie. I ate way to much last night and it ended up keeping me up.. I was so hungry by the time we sat down for supper than I ate 2 servings of everything. I sort of forgot to eat lunch. my dad and I may go out for lunch today and then just kind of snack at supper time..

I am not volunteering today...coming home to do some stuff that needs to be done around here. I would rather there be some one here with my dad when he is going to be on a ladder. We have tried telling him no ladders if some one isn't home..or atleast have your phone. He is getting better about keeping his phone with him.

I am dressing up in costume for work today...will be gypsy...its easy enough and the outfit itself is actually pretty comfy...I bought more necklaces yesterday.

Good Morning

Hi Bethina... you are a busy lady!...

we made the rounds yesterday of Walmart, the Bank, pick up D. perscription ..get my Lab work done.. so today Should be a less busy one.. got a notice from Library that I book I ordered is there... so finished reading the one I have here . and will make the exchange sometime this forenoon..

Son Mark is off work this past week. He developed "Tennis" elbow.. painful inflamation .. He is the carpenter where he works. lot of using that arm. so he has stopped in every morning .. to chat . very nice. Karen stopped in in the afternoon.. and later son Bruce called and talked 1/2hr... ( his closes buddy is in hospital.) was giving me updates on him..he was in some sort of coma .for about 6 days. and finally now knows his family and recognized and called Bruce by name.. .so seeing my kids ,talking to them. makes my day..

I'll be back , have a great day.. ( Jostoy,, don't over do!).. could not resist a nag.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, another quick hello. So many things to get done before our trip to Disney, getting the motorhome ready is on my head...LOL and making sure I have things convenient for everyone is key to me..so today will be spent in the motorhome cleaning and rearranging...also need to get my grocery list together, and I have a pork butt roast to go in smoker for smoked pulled pork...had it marinating overnight, will have that for sandwiches and need to make some sides to go with it..

Laundry to do, cat food to buy, the to do list goes on and on.

Have a great day one and all...Hugs to all that need them, and also for those that don't. Smile..
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning. No sunshine. We were SUPPOSE to have lots yesterday, but the clouds rolled in early afternoon....blah!

Yesterday wasn't super productive as far as getting lots of things done, but I DID get 25 quarts of tomatoes canned...they look so pretty! Leftovers for dinner. Needed to pick up a Rx the doctor forgot to give me last week. It's one they can't call in. So I baked him a big ole apple pie & went in there btw tomato steps. It was still warm...YUM!!!!

This morning I'm going to pay some bills & clean up around here. My friend/beautician are going out to lunch. She's moving this weekend to SC. Sad. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. New NCIS tonight.

Have a goodone all!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone. :

Donna, yesterday was not super productive - only 25 quarts of tomatoes and an apple pie. Well, maybe today you can do better.

Eyeglass drama yesterday. Prescription came from Dr in Dallas. Eyeglasses made in Longview. Eyeglasses wonky. Back to local doc here and although the RX was correct, glasses were not made correctly, so had to spend more $$ to have left lense in 3 pair redone here. At least we didn't leave town yesterday.

Got my laundry and ironing done this morning. Need to find another project. Have a good day, Friends.

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL! I'm trying Elaine. I found counters and such underneath all the flour grime when I cleaned the kitchen today. It's just that it didn't look like I did much but make another mess, which I am EXCELLENT at doing. I could NEVER be a chef and keep those white coats clean. Nope, never

Good morning everyone..

It is cool here..Nice fall weather..

I am making apple wreath..I saw how much the Apple wreath is..So i made my own..And use all my fake apples..Up..

Then i have my little help helping me out..(LOL)...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning from Red Bluff! It is getting a bit warmer today, and no rain, but we had it off and on yesterday so I am happy. Everything got watered, including the places the sprinklers have a hard time getting.
            Maye, I know what you mean about getting to talk to all your kids. Having Spencer in the US makes it so much easier for him to call or me to call them. No more looking at my world clock app to check what day and time it is in Japan.
            Yesterday in daycare is Done and like Beth said, it ws a Monday! Crying, tired kids. I was so happy when it finally was nap time and the two worst ones went to sleep. The inside rainy day didn't help. But today is a new day and that is all that matters!
            I am excited for your Disney trip, baffler.
            Donna, I hope you guys get some sunshine today.
            Take care and share the Joy!

Comment

First time in a long time I lost my reply.
              Maye, I totally agree about hearing from all the kids. That mekes my day.
              Beth, I had a Monday, too, but now it is a new day and Onward and Upward.
              Donna, hope you get some sunny moments.
              Boffler, I am excited for your trip,
              Sassy, I like the idea of an apple wreath. I love making wreaths!
              the short version of what I lost.
              Have a happy day!

Comment

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                What the heck???
                Tuesday is starting a little weird...

• sassygirl01
                sassygirl01 commented
                Editing a comment
                Paul A...Thank-you...Me too..
                I like to try something new..I do like wreath..And so many idea...I am sorry about that...
                You too..

I envy you that Disney trip. When Sierra was younger we went every year...poor Andrew has only been once but next summer again for sure! It is one of my favorite places in the world! Well, plans for the week have changed. Andrew will be here everyday and Sierra will be back today. That girl has no idea what she wants to do in her big girl life and it is time she figured it out. Now she knows she wants back into science/medical . but doesn;t know what area. Personally, I think she is entirely to wrapped up in this McDs job and is refusing to expand beyond the world of fast food. It is her job and her social life and she is very good at training and can run the place if need be but it is not a career so wish she would get a grip on reality and look to her future. No baseball last night..long night! Jon is still miserable with his cold and that is leaving Andrew and homework to me. Fixed a horribly dry pasta last night so must do better tonight. Maybe pork chops...I can throw them in the crock pot while I run errands. Transplanted the gardenia. Spent a fortune of a pot and dirt just for a stick with no leaves. Cannot get the hibiscus picked up so his future is in limbo. Going to cancel today's hair appointment so I can go with Sierra as per her request. She is not coming tomorrow because of mommy dearest. She has been making cracks about the time Sierra is here so I knew this was coming. She has been here a lot lately and I felt mommy would go into her passive aggressive act soon. Nothing going on today but some running and laundry. Did get a load of towels in last night and I ask someone to switch them out but I will see when I get down there. You would think one of those boys could walk to the basement side and work a clothes dryer. They 'forget'. I stay awake nights remembering stuff and they forget going down the steps. Need to shower and dress. Sunny and much warmer today..80s. Rain for later week.

Comment

• boffler
                boffler commented
                Editing a comment
                I always think of Linda (Tinker) when speaking of Disney, she also loved that place and the last Christmas Card I received from her had a picture of her and Matt inside and it was taken at Disney. She fought so hard to stay alive, remember her buying all that fiesta ware before the holidays, fixing everyone their favorite foods, etc. she left good memories..miss her, I am sure you do also...she loved you so much. as for Mommy dearest, I have a step Mommy to my adult kidlings that does the same thing to mine at holiday time, guilt them into spending a big portion of their time with the ex...oh well...I do not play in sand boxes very well...

Good morning, all.
              Sunny day ahead for us, high temps mostly yo-yo in the 80's now. Mornings are cooler. It's a chilly 51° right now.
              Spent half a day shopping yesterday. Went to 4 stores to find what I wanted. Lots of walking, which I need for exercise.
              Today I need a shower, and to get a final follow-up from the infectious disease doctor, on my feet swelling. The discoloration in the skin has nearly faded away, so that's good.
              Nothing else on today's agenda.

Have a great day, all. 😄
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• boffler
                boffler commented
                Editing a comment
                Jo wouldn't it feel good just to feel good and like your 'self' again? I know at times I think that way...but then the new norm is enjoying the days that are good.

Sharon, I totally agree with you!
              With the medical stuff that's come up for me this year, "self" and "normal" are redefined each day.
              Some days I can walk more, or better, than other days. If I can open a jar easily with my favorite jar-opening tool, that's a very successful feeling. E has begun to notice what jars and bottles I have put out or asked for, and makes sure he breaks the seal so I don't have to strain my wrists. But I often test myself first before asking him. I have always liked my independence.
              But sometimes I just have to face the facts that I'm now weaker, more tired, facing inabilities......some days are more difficult than others. Still, I tend to growl when someone tries to help, but I explain that - depending on the circumstances - that I need to keep trying to do things by myself (when I have the energy for it), or that I need a nap or resting time....and apologize for growling.
              Some days are much better than others.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X