9/24 ~ Good Morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/24 ~ Good Morning!

Hellooooo out there! Nearly 6a, and nobody around. Where's the donuts?

Paula, congratulations to Becky on her college acceptance. I still remember what that feels like after all these years. Now the hard work begins!

Donna, so many of our Thomas clan have thyroid issues. I'm not a Thomas by blood, but I have hypothyroidism as well. It seems rampant these days.

Well, it definitely is not fall here. Still in the 90's. No sign of the leaves changing either.

Three nephews here yesterday setting up deer hunting business, and 3 here doing hay. They each had a truck, plus a trailer with a tractor and 2 4-wheelers. Add that to the 6 tractors already here, a rake and a baler and it was all I could do to get in and out of the place to get to the market. It's a good thing we have a big yard. LOL I just kept thinking about how much fuel this one family consumes.

Well, wedding today at 3p. Still need to figure out what to wear.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Good Morning, just a quick post before the hubby gets out of bed....beautiful crisp morning out there all that is missing is the sun, think they are calling for rain today. Have a to do list I need to take care of, necessities needed for the house, paper towels, toilet paper, soaps, shampoos, etc. I buy in bulk so I don't have to worry about running out, hubby says I panic when we get down to two of anything, LOL...

Paula I also want to congratulate Becky!! Hope Nightstorm gets your message and you can get back here...every now and again it just happens for some reason...he helped jostoy get back...always makes me wonder how many others are having the same problem, if they can read send an email to someone on here and maybe we can get the help they need to get back.

Elaine with all that equipment and trailers someone might think you are ready to have an auction, LOL...

Donna, keeping that positive attitude is what its all about...let us know a surgery date...seems it never ends....need to get that sugar level under control also, losing weight is nice but not that way.

No real plans today, will see what the hubby has in mind, right now it is getting darker and darker out so the rain must be heading this way.

Take care one and all and have a great weekend...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning ...

they say, no rain today... however.the sky is so overcast, with a chill.. that Im beginning to wonder about that. Donna and I need sunshine!

son Mark has been here and gone . mowed the yard yesterday afternoon . and this morning . put up the mini blind on the kitchen sink window.. don't need one there. because it is under the deck roof.. and high enough off the ground no one can see in except if they stand on the deck... however..I wanted it on to be able to shut at night ..and to match the other window.....I don't like "black glass" at night. Mark is the all around carpenter, handiman where he works.. he fixes. builds, paints. you name it.. his job and he loves it .. but he will be retiring next year.. at 62.. he will be bored to tears at home!....

Paula , you are off.!!???.. send sos to Kim and nightstorm.!.. it can be fixed.. I think I will try to locate some of our missing folkes.. if they are on Facebook. they can see some of our names and ask. but there are some who don't do Facebook.. I want " our family" to stick together....when you get older you lose track of cousins by the dozen.. only know their names from the family records.. sad.

feeling better as long as I take the little white capsule. and a tylenol... went to Donnas ,make grease balls. and got to talk!. she has good attitude about upcoming medical stuff. but good wishes and Prayers always welcome!...

have a good day. see you all later
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning! I WANT SUNSHINE!!! LOL! Just had to say that.

Yesterday was good. Very busy. Yes, we did grease balls & lots of chatting. I made pie fillings while she scooped. Had to make some pie crusts so I could bake pies yesterday. Ran out of the pre-rolled crusts...dang! Good problem though. Got two calls for pies for yesterday, which is what I want people to do though it makes me have to reorganize my thoughts & day. I had called the orchard guy and told him I'd be down for 6 bushels of apples. Due to orders, I didn't get out of here until 5pm. Took Blaise with me and we got there before he closed. He had 4 of the bushels of apples already bagged up for me. He's a quiet sweetheart. We stopped at Arby's for Blaise's dinner per his request. We had a nice time together. Now that he's in school all day, we need catch up time. He comes home from school and doesn't want to talk. He was a captive audience in the car. Came home and baked the 4 apple pies for the stand for today.

This morning I had to get up and mix up 2 kinds of bread dough for an order. Now to go deliver the pies and come home and start baking pies. The lady that ordered the bread also ordered 2 pies. She wanted them tomorrow, but since I have plans for tomorrow already, she has to take them today since she depends on me delivering her stuff. I'm going to deliver her order this afternoon and hit up Aldi's. May make a pot of chicken rice soup to go along with the bread loaves I'll have left. Corky is working on installing the squirrel cage in the furnace, so I may have a/c later.

Thanks for the prayers. My sugar level was FINALLY down this morning to 78, which it hasn't been down in almost 5 days.

Have a good one all!!!!

Comment

Good morning....work yesterday was good! Volunteering was even better! Every one at the volunteer site seemed to be in a really great mood...I volunteered to come into work today..don't get payed for it but they are having a huge halloween party all day at work...and they needed people to come into work and dress up and just be in the store...should be fun...I think that I may do some more shopping lol...My should be here in 20 minutes and I am half dressed not good. It just means mcdonalds for breakfast I will have my ride drop me there instead of at the store...will pick up a pizza b4 I come home.

Comment

Read all the posts and then had to read yesterdays posts to catch up on Donna. I had to have thyroid surgery in 1964 because of a tumor that was benign. Then in 1994 my thyroid flared up and I became hyperthyroid. Very uncomfortable and by the time I got to the endo my heart was going crazy. He suppressed it with radioactive iodine. It worked but I have to take Synthroid daily. Has to adjusted occasionally but otherwise fine.

I have a pot roast waiting to put into the slow cooker. Dying for some roast beef. Yum.
            Maye I'm glad to see that you're feeling better.
            Elaine the deer hunters are out in force here too. Heard three chatting in the store yesterday and I knew they were hunters when one asked the other if he brought the whiskey.

Pot roast is calling. You all have a good one.

Comment

good morning! My ipad is the one having issues so I am on my desktop. So happy to be able to access you all!
              Thank you all for the kind words for Becky. She has been doing the local community college, mostly online, so being accepted to Chico was the next big step. Her first acceptance was by email, then the next day a huge envelope arrived, so tomorrow she wants us to drive to chico and take a picture with her and the envelope in front of the big sign at the entrance. Gary graduated from Chico also, and Spencer went one semester before transferring to Sacramento State...that was where he met Nikki (Noriko) so it was well worth the semester.
              One favorite story from that time was when he was working at the Holiday Inn in Chico. He saw his manager talking to a group of Japanese businessmen and went over to them. He asked if he could help (in Japanese) and then took care of their problem: need for transportation to visit rice farmers and stuff. After he finished and went back to the desk his manager came over and asked, Where did you learn to talk like that? Spencer said, well, it was on my application...the manager just looked at him and said, You should see what people put on their applications...I thought you were just filling in the blanks! He put himself through school working at hotels.
              Not a lot on my list today...the usual Saturday stuff.
              Elaine, let us know what you decide to wear. My mother is still deciding on what to wear to the Florida wedding...We found some good travel outfits. Outdoor wedding, so as long as the weather holds (early November in Tampa), she should be able to find something now on seasonal clearance, I would think.
              Deer hunting is in full swing here, too. Fathers and sons posting pictures on Facebook as they head out. The next bunch of pictures will be with what they got.
              I have to go to the store for some birthday ingredients for a friend. Making lemon cake truffles...and trying to remember to stick the diet. 4 of the 8 pounds I gained are gone and I want to keep going in the right direction!
              Hope you all have a wonderful day.
              Beth, when I worked in kindergarten, every year I would dress up as a bride. I had a long white flannel nightgown, that was fprettier than most (had tucks and lace) and was easy to add a bouquet of fake flowers and a headband with a veil glued to it...Have fun!
              Take care and so happy to get here and see you all!

Comment

Another sunny and hot day but a cold front with rain is promised for later this weekend. I did not realize so many people have thyroid problems. I will be seeing the endo for calcium but have taken thyroid meds for years. The thrill of getting old. Cookie, Andrew and I seem to connect in the kitchen (can you beleive that? My least favorite place in the world!). If he wanders in and starts helping he has something on his mind. He is beginning to set a pretty good table! Had a nice visit with Kate last evening. Jon will be working a double tonight, midnight tonight into days, but is off Monday. Need to start winterizing the yard and house and I guess I am ready for the season change. Will miss the summer but hopefully it will be a much dryer winter around here. We have had record breaking quantities of rain this summer and I hated it! So many mosquitoes and not being able to keep up with the yard ... we could count on rain for every occasion this summer. Already cannot get the allergies under control so need to start mixing and matching meds. Guess all the rain is going to make allergy season as robust as the weeds. Happy Saturday all...Donna love that attitude!

Comment

Good morning......
                  61° this morning, going to 85° today. Nice. We did have a bit of rain yesterday...a quiet but nice rain that I noticed for maybe 1/2 hour. Could have been longer, but it was sneaky-quiet.
                  The leaves haven't actually changed color, but some were scorched in the last big heat wave and have a goldish hue.
                  Too bad the 🌵 Don't change color. 😄

So no real plans today. The days begin to feel alike.

Barb, what is it with hunters and booze? Don't they know how dangerous that can be? In N MI where my folks lived near the end of their lives, you could "smell" hunting season. The smell of stale booze. You could smell the hunters from an aisle or two over in the stores, and within the week the woods picked up the smell. Maybe that alone "saved" some of the deers' lives. Since the woods began across the street from Mom & Dads house, I had my kids' activities confined to the backyard or in the house. I even had to give my folks advice on the dangers of drunken hunters, because if they undermined my rules and the kids got injured or killed, they'd never hear the end of it. Mom was notorious for undermining rules my brother and I gave our kids ---- she never understood why I lived near one coast or another where she couldn't have a hand in the upbringing. My brother's family was ruined by her. My ditzy son (my oldest kid) was the only one of my kids to be affected by her. 'Nuff said.

Donna, yes do keep that positive attitude. It's the best thing you can do for yourself.

Paula, hope you get through to our RT Wizards. Love your posts.

Maxie, love your personal twists on life. Makes me feel better when I don't get something done here. Or if I do or don't want to go someplace.

I miss our absent RT members, too. ( Hey, y'all, come back and post occasionally. Please. )

Well, E should be getting up shortly. Then I can wash my hair without disturbing him, and get dressed.

Have a beautiful day, whatever you're doing.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
                    maxie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, Jo you will love today...doing nothing! House is passable clean and I have a leftover or two to appease my appetite. But I think you may want to watch being as antisocial as I have become. Enough world comes to me without me venturing out and looking for it! I seriously think I could be a hermit...but only on a tropical island with the ocean, a pool and meals miraculously showing up with a thought. Seems I am more food than people driven!

I am home from work and ended getting to clock in for a couple of hours! I turned around and spent the money in the store! new water dishes for cori...a container for her food...Christmas for my bestie...and shirts for the nieces. going to nap now.

Comment

Aloha all!

Donna, glad your blood sugar is down. I take some sort of pill for a thyroid problem, so the doctors say. I can't eat or drink milk, or take calcium in any form for several hours each way so I solved that problem by taking it between midnight and 2 am when I get up to go to the bathroom.

Hot and muggy here today. Still having problems with the smokers next door. Finally after 2 months of me complaining to management they told me yesterday that they are notifying upper management about it and said they have given them my name as a witness. FINALLY! This should of been done weeks ago. Just wonder if they'll still just shrug their shoulders like always. Becoming very depressed about it.

They are also going through a huge upheaval here with new owners changing everything around, firing people including one of our favorite managers. NO ONE is happy about it and moral is very low with both residents and staff.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                    X