Thursday Sept 22nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Sept 22nd

Good Morning! I'm one of the early risers today. Got things to do, places to go, people to see.

Yesterday was good. Almost stayed home all day. Only had to bake 4 pies for the stand today, so I got those done and 3 cold PB pies. I had to slip to the store to get whole milk and Cool Whip and fresh ginger. Tried a new recipe for dinner...hence the fresh ginger. It was OK, but way too salty, but I do want to try it again....just less salt the next time. My SIL called and needed stuff for the bake sale at the band competition. I enjoyed doing that sort of thing, but my SIL detests it. I made her up some boxes of cookies & found some cupcakes in my freezer.

I'm up early because I need to get an apple pie and coconut cream pie made before leaving to go deliver the other pies & go to Bible study. Come home for a bit and then head to the Endocrinologist for my semi-annual visit & to get the results of last week's biopsy. Come home & bake for tomorrow's order for the stand. Leftovers for dinner. I'm sure she's going to want me to have surgery. Will have to see what the timing of that is & recover.

Yesterday I finally connected with our new caseworker at the welfare office. Blaise has had a medical card from the beginning and ObamaCare declared Becca didn't make enough to be on OC, so she went on a medical card last Fall. When I went to reapply for OC earlier this year, I had to fudge Corky's income because she said we didn't make enough to be on it, but I was sure he'd get back to work for the Union and we'd be on their insurance. They made us apply for a medical card, but we made too much. We were in a catch 22. So we fudged. Well he never got called back by the Union....very bad year for ALL Pipefitters...so now I was worried we are going to be penalized for not making enough. Mrs Weaver (our new caseworker) was very kind and resolved a problem Becca was having and is sending me paperwork to apply for a medical card. We have NEVER been on a medical card, but I have to swallow my pride & do it since #1...can't afford to get penalized & #2..I need insurance with my medical issues. Going to hold my head up, keep praying, and know God is going to get us through this rough patch. That's my story & I'm stickin' to it. LOL!

Have a wonderful day all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 09-22-2016, 06:04 AM.

good morning ...

I was planning on spending a morning with Donna,, but she is going to be so busy.. will have to make grease balls another day /

pills have leveled out my ouchys . neither gone completely but not intense .. going to get me some high-powered Carnation drink and hope that helps with the energy level.

David is wanting to go out for lunch today.. I like that idea . no cooking ...

hi to you all. I will be back to read.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I was able to login, but when I hit Home it says invalid. I logged out, then in again...
      Could you ask Nightstorm for help?
      I was able to get to my most recent post but can't get in at Home.
      Thanks!

Good morning...I am running behind...my 4 legged alarm had me up at 430 instead of staying up I went back to bed...didn't sleep very well last night....my alarm on my phone is messed up..and cori didn't come back to get up like normal...so I over slept...lucky I have peanut butter crackers I can eat on my way to work...

My sister took my niece to have her ankle looked at the Chiropractor said he doesn't think it even needed to have an xray unless its still hurting her on Monday....My sis also said there was no more swelling than was present the night before.

Work was ok yesterday...missed the bus after work...so I shopped for an hour...found 2 shirts for my granny...2 shirt for my oldest niece...a shirt and leggans for the youngest and 1 shirt for me....would have been almost 150 at the mall new and I only had to give 20.00.

Church last night was really good.

Plan today..work and relax

Comment

Good Morning to all...

Donna you think surgery? You have a nodule? Mass? Yes swallowing ones pride is hard, but having to do what is best is what you have to do, look at it like this, you do so much baking and stuff to keep you guys afloat, you work your butt off and still can't get ahead so swallow away....

Maye reading your news was really encouraging, sure hope the upward swing on the shingles continues.
      Beth great bargains, and so thoughtful thinking of others...

No plans yet for me today, got to find my get up and go first, I am in one of those not sleeping well, getting up to early patterns, really don't like it when this happens, gets me out of sorts, LOL

Got to go search through the freezer to see what todays menu will be, thinking kabobs of some sort, love kabobs...

Have a great day one and all. First day of fall, you can feel it in the air in the mornings for sure, soon the leafs will start to turn colors and the mess begins...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Helloo!

I think I have been AWOL for a couple of days, but no good reason.
        Really not getting a lot accomplished, but have been to a couple of parties that required food preparation. Good friend getting married on Saturday, so this should slow down. LOL

jostoy's cleaning out project really has me itching to get into John's shop, but I know it would be useless. Apparently I don't know junk from valuable stuff out there. Just wish the place was more usable and not just storing "stuff." I am ready to get rid of my kilns and all that paraphanalia that they require, but have no idea where to take them. Maybe a ditch in the pasture somewhere.

Well, I tried Chinese yesterday and it was kind of a bust, but I have a bunch leftover, so I need to try to recycle some of it.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good Morning, bus has ran so the only little one around is the 2 year old.

Elaine, put an ad on-line on craigs list for your kilns, maybe someone who is just getting started would love to find some cheaper, or if they want to give it a try to see if they would enjoy it and not have to go through all the expense. Or if there is a small school around that would like to have it for their art class. Maybe a home school group. I'm sure that there is someone out there who would love it and make use of it, rather than put it in the ditch.

Made progress this morning and made it to the trash barrel with 2 bags of trash without the geese knowing I was outside and coming after me. LOL They did hear the door when I went back in but they were too late.

Comment

Another beautiful morning here...to bad the dew is so heavy it drips off the house so all the chairs are wet and cannot sit outside until noon. I have no idea what I will cook today but it will require a trip to the store and I am so sick of always buying food and never having anything to cook. This is my morning for long sentences! Jon is off today and only Drew will be here. No plans and no chores on my list. Was up in the middle of the night again with a headache that is lingering this morning. Nose stuffy so it is probably allergies. Isn't today the first day of Fall? Ya all know what comes next...winter! AHHHH!

Comment

Good morning, all. Well we have a taste of Autumn. 42º but it won't last as it will warm up again starting tomorrow.

Nothing much happening here except for my teeth. I haven't had an extraction or a tooth ache in 45 years. I need dental work and have had the X-rays but none of my appointments are until next month. Can't bite down on anything firm without pain or drink anything cold. Need a crown replaced, too. Dr. said it was a temporary and it has been in there so long I don't even remember who did it.

Need to track down my sis and see if she can take me shopping tomorrow. I bought some things from Schwan's as it was so convenient and I didn't have to go after it. Mistake! I gained 6 lbs that I surely didn't need. Need more fresh veggies and lower cal. food.

Time to go. Later.

Comment

Happy Fall, Y'all! Yes, it's the first official day of fall.
                Nothing much new here. I think E is feeling allergies lately. I do when the mold gets airborn with those pollens.
                There's a definite nip in the morning air especially. Love it!
                I am not liking my son or his wife at the moment. Urging me to heal myself with cannabis and protein powder, and also coconut water (which is compared to a blood transfusion). I guess they drink this stuff as a "preventative" from cancer, blood problems, and many illnesses on the list. Idiots. One of their references is "the medical medium".....that does not spell "expert" or "doctor". If they were my caregivers, I'd be a goner for sure.

Good luck on the insurance and medical problem, Donna. In my thoughts.
                Maye, I'm so glad your pains are less now. Soon they'll be gone???
                To everyone, have a great day!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Oh my gosh, Jo! Good thing I am not eating cereal with the kids: I would have made a mess laughing at the "medical medium" reference! I can't even think up a reply to that...
                  It is still in the 50's this morning at 8:20. Kind of a whiny morning...not me, but I might start...
                  I have my yearly food meeting tonight. The daycare association officers asked me to pitch it at our meeting. And wear the (ugly) tee shirt we get for joining. Not super flattering, but for one more meeting I guess I can. If we wear them to our assoc. meetings we get raffle tickets towards drawings. Tonight will get me extra tickets!
                  Remember how I said I bought an old iron bed at a friend's yard sale? Yesterday in the mail I received a nice note from her and the check I had paid her- torn in half!
                  So sweet!
                  Fall is definitely in the air. I am trying to think Soups and not Desserts!
                  Elaine, Darla took the words out of my mouth! Some group will love that kiln! Post on your Facebook page and tag some of your local friends who have school age or teen age kids.
                  My new girl comes from a singing family and every day is singing something new. Today the song phrase she is singing is: You know it; I'm bad! Over and over, but cute!
                  Have a Good day Rounders!

Comment

Paula, I'm letting the situation ride.....some people seem to get dumber with age, and my son does not have the cojones to disagree with that woman. That saddens me a bit, but it's not worth the fight. Their claim of the National Cancer Institute "finally admits cannabis cures cancer" is false....I looked it up on NCI's site. In states where it's legal, they might use two ingredients out of cannabis (1) to control nausea and vomiting, and (2) to affect the central nervous system to create feelings of calm or ephoria to lessen pain. But it cures nothing. As for my blood, that has developed into a fibrosis, and no likely cure for that, just possibly controlling it.
                    At groups like Medical Medium, you can find what you want to hear. They have apparently refused to learn that yet. 😖

The kids there would have enjoyed seeing you make that mess, though, wouldn't they?!!!
                    It's nice you have a singer in the group.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Cookie......,that recipe that's too salty........can you add a potato or two to it? That's suppossed to cut the extra salt. The potato absorbs it.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• cookielady
                        cookielady commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It was a stir fry. I drained the sauce from the dish before refrigerating it & hope it tastes better when we have it tomorrow night with fresh rice.

HI there!! IM back.... wanted to see what all is going with "my" people.....as I read each post ,I had to smile.... because I understood each one of you perfectly... could picture you , your home situation . felt like I was in a neighborhood. where all of you were all my friendly neighbors..and we talked every day... I would miss you all so much... like I do the ones who no longer post with us.. or have passed... .. had a quiet day... David wanted to go for lunch ,so we did..I did a bit of sweepering .. and tidy up this and that... stop at library , too out a book off the shelf.. which I don't usually do.. have it 3/4 read already.. not the greatest author . or mystery... but keeping me interested..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                      X