Saturday...August 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday...August 13

Good morning everyone. Our cyber door is now open.

Come on in and have a chat when you can or want.

I don't plan on doing a lot today. May run the sweeper over the floors.

Tomorrow after Church I'm heading back over to the Lake as I have a guy coming to check/put in a new septic system. The one that's there doesn't seem to be working properly. I would prefer that he put in a new one so I know it will work.

Everyone have a good day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 08-13-2016, 06:16 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good morning..having issues with Cori being a bad kitty...She really like to go above the cabinets in the kitchen...I tried a water bottle to get her down..she just backs herself in the corner..so mom and dad got here yesterday for a visit...and mom put foil on top of the fridge...cats are supposed to not like foil...well she is doesn't mind the foil...she is back up there this morning...and I tried keeping her in my room with me last night...the only way I finally got any sleep was to let her out to have her freedom...she kept attacking my toes feet and legs...

I think that I am going back to bed for a while...will either sleep some more or read a book on my tablet.

Not sure what plans I have for the rest of the day.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Beth one of my kitties goes on top in my cabinets also, if you ever watch the cat whisperer he recommends letting them do that or making them places to get away, that is why I also have what is called a cat tree bought at pet smart...they can climb on it, it has a scratching post in it and places for them to sleep...they love it...but Sam gets on top on my computer desk then he jumps up on top of my cabinets...its a natural thing that some cats like to do, security...

Good Morning ,,,

up early... tummy being annoying still.. not bad . but I think my theory about the ibuprofen making the pain in tummy is a better diagnosis than the Dr. in Er... no more Ibuprofen!...

Mark already here and gone.. we have been watching these "cute" little things on the big bush that shields one side of the deck .found out they are bagworms... and will eventually kill the bush.. so guys were snipping off the most infested branches. ( will burn).. I was picking them off one by one. to Drown in soapy water... hopefully we will save the bush. ( its a pine,cedar kind of bush,, the bagworms favorite food).. mark headed for hardward store to see if there is a spray for them.. would work faster and save cutting off more of the branches I want saved.. ..

Bethina,, if there is nothing on the top of the cabinets Cori can knock down or hurt.... just let her there... if you ignore her.. she will give up the spot on her own.. once she knows shes allowed there , the fun will be gone. ...

Jostoy .. good to see you here!.. .replacing the whole septic system.. if that one if very old. is a wise move!..

~~~~at all ,,will be back later.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning! Awwww Jostoy....It's great to see you back!

Yesterday was a nice slow paced busy day...if that's possible. While delivering the pies, Lew gave me a few more peaches & a half crate of nectarines. I came home and made enough nectarine filling to make 3 pies and a batch of nectarine peach filling for at least 4 pies. Then it was onto makin' & bakin' 21 pies. I got most of them done by 2pm and then Blaise & I headed into town to go to the bank & get gas. We saw a garage sale on our way there & stopped on our way home. JACKPOT!!! FINALLY...someone had boys clothes. She was selling them for $.25 each and I picked up 38 pc and a pair of dress shoes for $.25 also, so for $9.75 and did very well. It's a start. They were different sizes, so not everything is for this coming school year. Came home and baked the last 3 pies.. Just took them out of the oven & got a call from Lew...a guy wanted a peach pie & they were out at the stand. He sent him up. Of course he picked the pie that came right out of the oven, which was just fine by me.

Lew mentioned that people keep asking about my bread. Well since I had the pies all done, I decided I could do some bread. We went into Aldi's after supper to get supplies. We were almost home. I was sitting at the corner waiting for traffic to clear so I could make a right. There was a car wanting to turn left on the main road & the car behind her couldn't stop. She tried missing her and started steering towards me, but ended up smashing into the lady that was waiting to turn. Fortunately there was nobody hurt. The lady that got rear-ended jumped out and ask the other girl if she was hurt & when she wasn't, the lady yelled at her for "riding my a** all the way". I turned & called 911. The guy behind me had flares, got them going, and directed traffic around the cars. Lots of excitement at the corner of our property for an hour.
      Anyways, came in & made 10 loaves of cottage cheese bread with dill & garlic.

This morning Corky headed up to help Becca move her bed to her new apt. Everything else is already there. I think Mom & I are going up there to see her new place & take her out to dinner tomorrow night once she gets off work. Me...I'm baking 20 more pies, but that'll be easy because the crusts are rolled out & the fillings made. I may even make more bread for tomorrow. Promised Blaise a trip to the library & swimming time today. I had mentioned a couple days ago about going out for lunch today at the Chinese restaurant, but Cork didn't say anything about it today. We'll see.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Cookie, great finds at the garage sale, little boys grow so fast..and all those pies, business is good, glad for you, but it must just wear you out, or it would me...hope you get to go to Becca's...good Mother/daughter/Grandmother time.
        Sure happy you were not part of the accident...

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, I'm hiring some help for about 8 hrs a week and that has helped tremendously. I'm busy but not at a frantic pace. Actually I'm busier at the beginning of the week when I'm making all the pie dough/crusts and fillings PLUS making pies. By Friday I'm just filling pre-rolled pie crusts and getting them ready for the oven. My regular "help" is suppose to start this Monday. This past week I had Kathy & my niece helping me.

Good Morning.

jostoy, Hi! Happy you are here finally.

beth, let Cori do her thing. Like Janet says, she needs to feel safe in her territory and when that happens, she will settle. Patience!

Janet, hope tummy problems resolve soon.

Donna, I'm going to have to take a nap after reading your post. In my entire life, I have never made that many pies!

About the spider bite. I knew what it was as soon as I looked at it and then googled around to see photos on the web. It it fading, so I'm not worried about it.

We are having Chinese today, but I am making it, so it won't be authentic, but it will do for us.

Have a good Saturday, Everyone.

Comment

Good Morning, am just really upset today. Called for the U-haul to be reserved and found out that we can't get one for next weekend. Last week it was "no problem, just make sure to call the week before so we can have one brought in" now it is unless we want to drive an hour to pick one up we can't get one because of kids going back to college. Now if they were going to have one brought in before why couldn't they now? I'm sure that they know when the college rush starts since it is their big business time. Also got to checking and the price, if we drive to get one is like $100 more, also would run me over the allowed miles so would cost for those extra miles. Have talked to their Corp. headquarters and they were no help at all. Just ready to scream and go crazy.

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Darla that is ridiculous, they should have let you reserve it when you wanted to, and also, why aren't they being more accommodating when it comes to getting one for you....they are in the business...I hope you find something as I know everyone is working their schedule for the date you had picked...go ahead and scream.....

• determined
          determined commented
          Editing a comment
          Boffler, we couldn't reserve it at that time because of the $$ issue. Have went and am checking on the price of just renting an SUV for that weekend, means that no big stuff is going with me, but then the way it is looking that isn't going to happen anyhow. Charlotte is checking with the girls if they can do it the 2nd of Sept. So will have to wait and see on that. My niece's car is a Kia Soul and I'm told they are small, so it may just be me and 3 furkids going. Will have to go back through and get all my pictures into one box. Right now they are in a couple different ones, which ever box I was close to that is where they went. Oh and if screaming is all I do I will be good, feel like just grabbing someone by the neck and choking them. They can't seem to answer the simple question that if there is a truck available that we could drive to pick up, why can they not bring it here for us to pick up?

• cookielady
          cookielady commented
          Editing a comment
          OK...UHaul places are independent dealers and if you call corporate sometimes they'll get you a better deal. We got fantastic deals from them last year. You could tell them you'd be willing to go that extra hour IF they compensate you for the trouble....many extra miles & and extra day(s) for the same price or even less because you are using your gas to get the truck....go for about an add'l $50 off.

Aren't there any other companies...Budget, Penske, etc??? We've used them all at some point.

Good Morning to all, and yes, it is great to see jostoy is back with us once again...wonder if any other people are having the same issue.
        Hubby won't be able to stain the deck because it is still wet, we finally got some much needed rain, not much, but something at least, I think today I would love to go for a drive by the lake..take a picnic lunch, etc. will see, he might have plans to get some things done around here..
        Tomorrow will be leaving early, our son does short track racing and we want to go watch..
        Not much else planned, Monday morning have to be in MI for a Drs. appt...so he will be taking a day off of work.
        Have no plans for dinner need to decide on something.
        Hope everyone enjoys their weekend..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Bethina, see my cat Sam loves being on top of the world.....he roams around for awhile and eventually comes back down...he goes around anything I have up there...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, my gosh! Love it! My mom's cat, Manny, also roams across the cabinets.

Good morning, everyone.
          A sunny, hot & humid day ahead. 🌵
          Yesterday we happily vegged out at home all day. Today we might hit the movies.
          Don't get any pictures in your head from E about "all my shopping" I can do. I just don't do that any more, I don't need things that much anymore. If I don't have a real reason to shop, I don't enjoy it.

Looks like the doc's reran my last blood tests. I have no idea why, but then none of it makes sense to me. The high points are still high, and the low points still low. And I can only hope the twain shall meet, or balance, or whatever it ought to be doing. But they didn't have any new vials to test. ??? Oh well.

Hi Jostoy.
          Beth, let Cori hide in high places. She will come down when she's ready. Those cat trees can be a boon to her!
          Maye, good luck with those bagworms. Hope your tummy feels better soon. My mom just drank cups of hot water when she felt bad anywhere. Seemed to work for her.
          Cookie, great finds at the garage sale. I've never had luck at garage sales. You're sure doing a lot of baking!
          Darla, I hope somebody has a solution before moving day. Did you talk to the U-Haul manager, or his flunkies.? Hopefully if you talk to the manager and let him know you thought you'd have the U-Haul that day, he could straighten things out for you. Let him also know the agreed on price in the beginning, and that's all you can afford. If someone got you off the list because they could pay more, that certainly wasn't fair business practice.
          Hi Boffler.... That picnic sounds good. A long drive for us to get by a lake. Patagonia is the closest and pretty rustic. I am known to ask for a close-by mirage oasis, but we haven't found one yet.😎
          To everyone...have a lovely day, whatever you do.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Nice cat, Sharon! Beautiful kitchen place for Sam.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Lots and lots and LOTS of rain in a few hours last evening. Suppose to be a chance of rain all weekend. Today is or is suppose to be Andrews baseball end of season swim party thrown by his coaches. Jon is praying it is cancelled...he cannot get into the water or do any of the father son games since he is still so restricted. In fact he is not going back to work as planned and had his sick leave extended by the doctor. Bummer. Got the porch estimate and we are jumping with joy. It is half what we had expected and am wondering if it took so long, like the entire summer, to get us a bid if he didn;t give us a break? Anyway as soon as we accept and get a date for construction we will have a new porch and this eye sore will be kindling! Next spring we will finally do some front landscaping. Tomorrow we are celebrating Drew's 10th birthday a week early. Uncle Scott will be here and it will be a small very select family group. I need to run to the vegetable stand for fresh corn on the cob and melons....thinking I will make a fruit dip and Jon is making is famous salsa dip. I don't like the stuff and can't even stand to smell it but the guys wolf it like it is the last they will ever see. The things men stick in their stomachs! The side gutter is clogged and am hoping I can get Scott on a ladder tomorrow but he has a height thing and Jon cannot so looks like this mama will be back on a ladder. Who says mom's get to old to do things? Evidently not my boys. Jon grocery shopped yesterday and carried in chip bags and then got me to carry in the rest. Neighbors must have enjoyed that! Will get Andrew to haul the trash tomorrow night. The boy cut grass last night and just got the mower put away when the rain started. Never even got a change to admire a fresh cut yard! He is such a good boy and I hate that he is growing up so fast. We are expecting hostility from Sierra tomorrow since her mother paid half tuition....you know that witch has rode her all week over it so in stead of being her sanctuary we are the whipping post. We suffer when we do and we suffer when we don't with that girl and her hateful mother. Worries me that she takes so many clues from mommy dearest when we are the ones that do for her. Why does that horrible person have so much control on a 19 almost 20 year old girl. Oh well....sorry about the Uhaul problem. We have just had horrible problems with movers so guess it is a universal thing to hate movers and uhauls. To all you cat people..I though cats were untrainable? I mean that you can train a dog but cats are just wild by nature. Never had a cat so don't know but my sil always had a few until the last one kept attacking her feet and legs. He would hide and wait for her but let my brother go by unharmed. Summer weekends are waning down with school starting so enjoy each and every one ahead people. Cookie making one pie is an all day thing to me and you do 20 at a time. I even buy the frozen rolled crust in a box. I know, horrible cook alert here but I am fascinated by your skills and time management.. Everyone, have a wonderful Saturday!!! Pat have you drowned? What a horrible mess the south gulf area is!

Comment

I am on my way to the market.
                I need to Do something about my lawn today...I dreamed I called my lawn guts back. I really don't want to do that.
                Jostoy, any chance we can so pictures of the lake and your set up? " going to the lake" brings such a good image to my mind.
                I have to get going.
                Hope you all have a good day.
                Darla, praying you get the truck worked out.

Comment

Good afternoon all.

Thanks for the "welcome back". I think Scott got me all straightened out. At least I can post, start a new post and edit. Haven't tried a "comment" yet, but don't see why it wouldn't work as well.

So much for not doing much today. I ended up mowing the yard, hoeing the garden and spraying for the crickets and spiders in the garage and front porch. Still haven't ran that sweeper, and may not today. Kinda tired or lazy...don't know which one.

Donna, I have to agree with the others about your "job" of baking. Paula, I have some pictures on my phone of the Lake site and beach area. But haven't downloaded them to my computer yet. It may be winter time before I get around to doing that.

We were promised rain by the weather idiots for all this week and haven't seen any yet. We were to get 2-3 inches from last night through tonight and haven't seen a drop yet.

Well everyone have a good afternoon.
                  Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
                    maxie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We got that 2-3 inches last evening in a 2 hour span. Lightning was intense and wind blew...wish I could have shared it with you!! According to the radar it was a long line of storms...wonder how it missed you? Jon has to go out and drain off water out of the pool...

Mostly, I still can't do the comments here. Minor thing. The icon simply isn't there for me.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

its not me that doesn't want her up on the cabinets its my mom....but we are going to build her a high climbing thing in my room so she can go high up....right now is actually hding in the same room with my mom and dad...and I am going to let her stay there..maybe by hiding in the same room she will realize they are ok.

Comment

Working...
                    X