Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ May 10

Good Morning!

We are off to hospital for a blood transfusion for John. This makes #5 since February.
    He is making his breakfast now and I am jumping in the shower so we can leave by 7a.

Hope you all have a good day.

Good Morning, another rainy dreary day here...I had no plans to be out in it but alas I am out of Mucinex and will have to go out...The congestion in my head is so bad my cheek on my right side is very tender to touch, so some heating pad time for sure...also be using my Nettie Pot today also...Not much going on in my neck of the woods, would be nice to be able to turn the furnace off but since we continue to get cold, damp, chilly weather will still keep it on...here it is May and still in need of the furnace, but like they say, when you live in Ohio you can start the day with the furnace on and end with the AC on...I still love Ohio...but FL might look pretty good in the winter months..or somewhere warm. Have a great day one and all...Elaine thoughts and prayers for you and John..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning..My trip to IL was great!! I really enjoyed just being at my parents house...I read a lot on Saturday after I got there...and again on Sunday after church...Church on Sunday was so good..I was really really glad to see so many friends...

On Monday mom and I got up early my granny had a doctors appointment that mom had to take her too...Granny lives about an hour from mom...I went with mom to surprise Granny...that was wonderful!!! we took her to crackerbarrel for lunch...my favorite...

Last night mom and dad brought me home...I was glad to be here...my own bed and not sleeping on an air mattress..

This morning my dad will take me to cash my check while they are still here and then on to Walmart for groceries...

Comment

GOOD MORNING!!!! It's a wet, dreary, chilly day here and we also have our furnace still on. I usually kick it on first thing in the morning to take the chill off.

Yesterday was good. I baked off & then iced 8 doz cookies for an order. I had baked & iced almost all the cookies for this same order, but I was not happy with the hearts & medical star cookies. They spread too much & were crisp, which they are suppose to be. Blaise tasted one & spit it back out declaring it awful. I couldn't sell them to the lady with a clear conscious. Got some cleaning done too, so I felt good. Had a nice chat with Aunt J. Also had an interesting chat with the local State Farm. Apparently Kathy wasn't on our policy but her car was. My heart dropped. It just means the check will be coming in my name and it was noted that Kathy is getting her own insurance later this week for the new vehicle. Always something.

This morning my first fire to put out was concerning the letters we got from Medicaid yesterday saying Blaise was being dropped due to income....really....a 6 yr old has an income problem? So I called the case worker after I got Blaise on the bus and Imagining hasn't caught up to the hard copy info and he found everything I sent in for renewal. He reassured me that he still has insurance. Now I'm heading into town to pick a few groceries and go to the banks. Laundry is high on the to-do list for today. May tackle Blaise's room since it's got beyond his cleaning it properly.

(((Elaine & John))) Are these transfusions working? Are they to cure whatever is ailing him? So worried.

Sharon...feel better my friend. Have you called a doctor?

Have a good one all!

Comment

Rainy morning here again also. Rained most of the day yesterday..one of those nice steady rains the farmers want but after several days enough rain is enough. It is warm though! Things are quiet and rather on the dull side around here. Everyone will be home for supper so thinking of pork cops and scalloped potatoes. Pork chops for sure since I see them thawing in the fridge...guess son has a hankering for them. A sunny hot day sure would be nice.

Comment

Good .well. overcast. chilly .. morning .. but it is good to be awake I guess.

I have long evening ahead with lessons.. the two older ( sisters) like to chat during their lesson time,,, so we get in 1/2hr. playing and 1/2hr talking..
            But I love them dearly and I am the substitute Grandmother...only better, because they can talk serious stuff about the serious relationships they have with boyfriends.. and then one more lesson with 12yr old who is taking an hour lesson this week..making up progress that slipped when he was doing soccer.

We will probably go "somewhere " shortly.. need a trip to library ..exchange the read book for the unread book.. don't feel much like getting out and traveling around but will if D. has something he wants. I always need some thing at a store..

Elaine.. many many thoughts, prayers for John...

Bethina, you sound bubbly this morning ... being with Mom and Dad Make you Happy.

DWTSs ..so good last night ... and as good as was . she was one of the ones I thought would go..
            I'm still rooting for Nyle.Ginger and Paige.. top 3.

Hi to you all.

Justy and Paula... hope your day is great..

Last edited by Mayebarnes; 05-10-2016, 08:40 AM.
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning.
              Yes, it's good to be home. It was great seeing kids, spouses, grands, and great grands on Saturday. 13 of us went to lunch. Overall the day made me very happy.
              One GD, her spouse, and 3 boys came over on Sunday. The first hour was great; it was another 1-1/2 hours before they left. The older boy is in his early teens, well behaved, though he quietly took the blame for his brothers. The other 2 are aged 4 & 5. The 4 yr old is generally content, smart, but has water on the brain and a head trauma a could render him instantly dead. The 5 yr old is the chaos instigator from he!!. He kicks, back-kicks, pinches, hits, whatever. At one point E had to run and pull a plastic fork from his hand, as the boy was preparing to stab his little brother. We'd had toys there for the boys hoping it would help keep them calm. That only worked an hour. The little one would have been content building with the mega Legos, but the chaotic kid had to kick it ll down. When the parents decided to go, the little ones were crying for more to eat. So E packed up the packages of muffins and 3 bowls of cut fruit, and opened bottles of juices for them to take home. (If had only a small plate of fruit for lunch, and hoped to have some for dessert after supper. Oh well.)
              We couldn't believe her family. The dad wasn't much of one to discipline, and her method was to take them aside for a talk.....which was quickly forgotten and not followed up on.
              But that's all done with now.

E will take me to Physical Therapy this afternoon. He'll work out at his gym down the street a bit.
              That's all on our agenda today. The only thing on the eternal list is chores & clean up around here. He's going to take down m garden for me, too. Id's overgrown, dead, the cover is tattered from the winds. And we need to stack the tomato cages out of sight. I'm just not up to a garden in any way, this year.

A couple nurses (one in Phx and one here) have asked why my docs aren't giving me blood transfusions, as my blood levels are so whacky right now. My last red cell reading was only 8.5 ! I should know why when they don't know what's going on? I see my oncologist on the 18th I think. I won't know anything until then. My good news is that my surgeon had good things to say about my healing.
              Meanwhile, in order to facilitate walking around, I bought new tennis shoes........2 sizes larger than normal. Do I call them Gunboats?, Clodhoppers?, Clown Feet?, or what? Today my feet look a bit narrower, but I still don't see ankle bones on them.

Weather's nice. Will be in the 90's. Should hit 100° by Friday. Phoenix will maintain more heat, and longer. I read their weather so I feel cooler here! 😎

Have a great day!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Donna, will the car being in your name work against you with your insurance company? Like raise your rates? Hope not.
                Elaine, hope your day is well under way and going well.
                Jo, is that 5 year old in school, yet? I wonder if any one else sees that behavior? I would be rethinking whatever shows he watches ( for karate type kicks, etc) and even some kid therapy to see where that aggression comes from. Sand tray therapy with trained therapists is amazing at finding insights. And there are lots of discipline options between talking to the child and physical punishment . The " oh, that makes Mommy so unhappy" kind just doesn't seem to work, from what I have seen through the years. The ones who are already motivated by Mom's happiness, rarely need to be pulled aside...
                Ok, stop being the daycare provider, Paula...
                Maye, lots of good Dan I got and emotions on DWTS. That and the Invictus Games have helped take my mind off other TV stuff, which I will not even mention.
                Those students are so blessed to have you, as are the parents, as you can give those Life lessons along with piano lessons.
                Of the four teachers my children had, one was that kind of wonderful. All were good and just who we needed, but Mrs. Burkhart was the kind we all still remember and love. She died a few years ago...
                I have an insurance agent coming today. A mother coming on Thursday to " see the daycare" ( and put her name on a wait list) and so I have been trying to look at the space again as someone new might see it. The ins. person will draw blood here and of course, the mom will be here. I tend to not look up any higher than the shelves we use, etc. So dusting and decluttering are going on. Tomorrow is garbage day...and I have things that just need to go.
                Sunny today and it was 63 at 6:30 this morning.
                Hope your day is good and positive.

Comment

Paula, the boy will start school in September. No doubt if the school can't calm the boy down, GD will opt for home schooling. With the 4 yr old's medical bills, she will decide they can't afford counseling or anything else. Both she and her husband work 2-3 part time jobs each; babysitting is done by her mom or sister.
                  I agree, the "talking" to the boys does not help in her case. The immediate families will have to discuss and reach a solution. But they need to start now.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Oh, his moves are not Martial Arts moves.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Aloha all!

(((((((((((((Elaine and John))))))))))))))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~to all!

Comment

Working...
                      X