Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Thursday Morning

Good morning everyone.

The concrete got loaded in the truck and will be hauled off today by my neighbor. Nalani, his back is as bad as mine and shouldn't be lifting. In fact he had surgery on his back about 3 years ago. His surgery was not the new one that is trying to get Medicare to pay for. His cousin stopped by so the neighbor asked him to help us load and he handled the 2 big pieces.

Today is mowing in the country. Tomorrow is the real day of rest as we are going to T.H. to get my friends GGD some gold fish. We are expecting her to ask for a puppy or cat, but the Great-Grandmother doesn't want to have to take care of anymore animals. So my job will be to take her to pet stores that only carry supplies for dogs and cats. I think that Pet Co only carries fish so that is where I'm taking them. At least I'm hoping I'm right. It would be hard for me to leave a pet store without coming home with a puppy myself. It has been 8 years since my last "baby" died and I still miss him terribly. But I'm way to busy to get another one.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 05-05-2016, 05:59 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine...

I had my morning wake call..Kitty..

I saw this pic of this cat..And "YES"..Mine help out too...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Morning all

Today is mine and Chris's second anniversary. We are celebrating tonight - going out to dinner here: http://www.bayouonthebeachcafe.com/.

Not much else new here - how about y'all?

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning!

Wow! It's a beautiful morning here today. Sunshine galore.

Congratulations, Pat! So glad that you have found your happiness. You deserve it.

Hi sassy, Our cat never climbs. He stays on the floor. Thank goodness.

jostoy, good luck with the gold fish.

Well, trash day! My favorite day. Gotta start looking through some drawers.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

very overcast morning ,, supposed to dripple rain until almost noon...

So I will do housework.. sweeper./dust liv. room. wash a load of bedclothes. and then mr D. wants to go shopping at Boscovs... the man is obsessed with this store... they have jeans on sale again.. He has lost weight and a pants size . so I guess most of the jeans in the drawer are really baggy now.. and he wants me to pick out something "for Mothers's day".. I have already shopped and got a bunch on new clothes. ( which still have tags on and the pants are not hemmed..)...
          what I really want is to hire a someone to clean the flower bed. plant something there. I like the flowers but hate working in dirt. and cut back all the out of control shrubs.
          David mowed grass yesterday and has conceded that the trimming with weed eater is going to have to be done by a son... at least this summer..
          Jostoy I do not know how you do what you do...
          Pat. happy anniversary.. have a great evening.
          Sassygirl.sounds like my K.D. Kat.

back to work.. after the coffee
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            I keep getting invalid server response after typing a message below, so that is why no post from me...let's see if this will post.

Good Morning! It's raining here.

Yesterday was good. Didn't get a ton accomplished, but enough. Cooked orange chicken for us & my cousin. Kathy & Jimmy showed up again. We had fun playing Blaise's new Uno Attack game after dinner.

This morning I'm going to Bible study. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Only 10 more days until Becca comes home. Yesterday was my nephew's final regular class in college. Now just finals and then he'll be a graduate. Where did the time go?

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
            It's Cinco de Mayo here. A friend invited us to a restaurant for supper tonight. Yes, we're going.
            We should be getting 94° today with a lot of winds. (Yesterday we got up to 99° despite the winds.)

Yesterday we did go to Target to get me some tennis shoes. As much as it looks like my feet are nearly back to normal size, I had to get a pair 2 sizes over my normal size to fit. The fight with that water retention goes on.

I know that my medical test results have been in for a few days now. Either my oncologist is still in CA (being certified in yet another facet of oncology), or doesn't want to move up my appointment. Or perhaps they're trying to make heads or tails of those results. My charts seem to be confusing, for some reason.

Other than that, it's just another day. Tomorrow I have a follow up appt with my surgeon.

Pat, that looks like an interesting place. Congratulations, and have fun.
            Sassy, cute cat.
            Jostoy, I still think you work too hard. Be careful, please.
            Hi Maye, cookie, Elaine, and all who follow.
            🌞
            Last edited by JoGee; 05-05-2016, 07:36 AM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning to all....have a dentist appt. this morning, so not much time. Looks to be another wet, dreary day out..I think I am catching what hubby has had for over a week, I have tried so hard not to get it but it is in the air and Lysol isn't getting it all...woke up at 2:30 a.m. with the chills, sore throat, running a low grade temp, took some Tylenol made a cup of hot tea, that settled me enough to go back to sleep for a little over an hour before the darn cat started his meowing to get me up...going to be a long day. The dentist office said they are okay with it, they wear mask and gloves...since I cancelled last week hated to do it again..

Donna I like that orange chicken recipe also. The other day I was wanting to make a round steak pounded out, stuffed and rolled can't find a large round steak anywhere, aggravating...I do hope when Becca is home that she goes a little easier on Blaise so that the tension does not get to you...she should be old enough to be over that...poor little one loves his Aunt Becca...might be a bit of a strain with Kathy & Jimmy in and out..when will she know if they total the car or not? And was she charge with anything for the accident?

Yes jostoy is a worker, but she has always had to take care of herself, she is very, very self sufficient. But also a bit 'careless' when it comes to her back...(wink)
              Well time to hit the shower and get this day started...

Gentle hugs to JoG as she continues on her journey.

Have a great day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I got the invalid server response error after I had typed a long message, not doing it again...don't have time..
                Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Morning...My allergies are horrible...feels like I could be getting another darn sinus /ear infection...will wait it out...volunteering today until 2 my friend that drops me off and I may try to do something fun afterwards not sure...if not I will come home and watch tv or read which is also completely fine with me.

Comment

Sharon, when I get the Invalid Server Response, I find that it's only when I'm typing or posting along with someone else. After getting that flag, I go back to Family Room and see that my typing actually did get posted. Then looking back in the daily sign-in post, I can read what the other typers have to say.

Thanks for the gentle hug. 🤗
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good Morning, Will have to go to the store and get cat food, and whatever else Kenny decides to pick up. also stop at CVS to pick up my meds now that I think my insurance is straightened out in that department. Have to wait for the card for the Dr. May not have to need to call the Dr. office and see, last time the girl managed to make a call and get all the info (which she gave to me) So they could go without the actual card. Last night woke up with leg cramps, not in the back where normal, but down the side, rubbed it down with the cream from the pain Dr. and managed to go back to bed.

Boffler, I get that message sometimes, think it is when I'm going to fast and hit the "post reply" button twice in a row, something about posting to many times to fast, think it has to do with keeping the bots from posting

Comment

Thought for today.
                        Attached Files
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

It is another overcast morning. Busy schedule with Mother's Day gifts to be finished.
                          Congratulations, Pat and Chris!
                          Elaine, I call garbage day Good Riddance day, especially if I have room for things I would be hauling to the dump, beyond our daily trash...
                          I started this over 40 minutes ago...
                          Have a good day!

Comment

I really slept in this morning...almost time for Nalani to check in! Jon took Andrew home last night and when he came back we sat and talked a long while. Nothing important, he was just in a talkative mood. Yesterday the clouds moved in with a lot of wind but looks like today is going to be sunny and not so much wind. Called for a haircut and, by gosh, am getting in this afternoon! Fourth time this week I have drove home for something...maybe I should plan better? No Sierra today because she is going with mommy dearest boyfriend to choose from all the items mommy has picked out for herself for Mother's Day. Holy cow!! Didn't realize we were in this for the loot but then that could be my fangs showing. Probably is and no I cannot or will not give that woman any benefit of the doubt. Today after haircut I am coming in to cook a nice dinner. I did not cook again last night because I plain did not feel like it and Drew wanted outside anyway. His dad called him in around 6:30 to do his homework and I grilled him a cheese sandwich. These kids are learning to tell time. That is a hard concept for some kids especially since everywhere there is something digital ready to tell you the time. He did pretty good and made me remember teaching his daddy. Scott always caught on quickly with numbers but boy, just roping Jon down was a big deal. Like his son is now. Did manage to clean my house yesterday and feel better about not sticking to the kitchen floor. My domestic days are so over and it is now a chore to me but I am also obsessive enough to want a neat clean home. So enough rambling on. Time to think about what to cook and then off for my haircut. Blues Hockey tonight. I am so excited! Cardinals had a come from behind walkoff winner last night. Which reminds me Drew has ball practice tonight so need to fix an early meal. Have a great one and hope the sun is shining on all of you!!

Comment

Working...
                            X