Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday ~ April 29

Have not been here. Chaos here!

Dead mouse odor in closet full of kitchen bowls, small appliances, pie plates, etc.
    After 2 weeks of dealing with that, help came on Monday and cleaned out everything in the attic above the problem. Parts of an air conditioning system no longer tied in. Wood frames, filters, tons of ducting, insulation PLUS all the stuff we had stored up there.
    Luckily, the guys took all of the "garbage with them. Completely filled their truck" Blessing #1

Light went out over the sink, so had to ask friends to install new one. They also added under cabinet lighting, which is fabulous. Blessing #2

Emptied closet and found a million things I did not need. Moved all of that to the garage and a friend came by and took everything for their garage sale! Blessing #3

Started emptying everything from the closet I kept to wash and found the kitchen sink had a crack. REALLY?
    Friends came last night and installed a new sink. They had a dumpster where they work, so they took everything from the attic cleanout, including the old sink. I had 2 chests full of Christmas decorations, and they took all of that. Blessing #4

Underlying all of this is the fact that John can no longer do any of these things, so we had to rely on other people. Thank God we have great people in our lives who we can lean on. Greatest blessing of all.

Long post, but this morning, I will continue to wash stuff and try to get things back in order.

Missed you all, but had read everything from the last 4 days.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 04-29-2016, 06:55 AM.

Good morning all.

Seems that when I use Firefox instead of the edge browser, I don't get the backwards typing. So that will be my browser.

Got the injection yesterday and the old back is sore, but not hurting. Think he gave me an "extra dose" as the injection site was a little " achey" for a bit.

Where is everyone. This is still a" work day", not the weekend. BUT i'm going to aqct like it's a weekend as I'm not doing anything for at least 5 days to give my back a chance to get better.

Have a good one all.
    Last edited by jostoy; 04-29-2016, 06:52 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      I truly hope you actually do give that back a rest it needs it...keep your mind and hands occupied on something that doesn't require so much 'back' into it..

Good Morning to all...
    Green is for how green things are getting outside and I love it, but of course lots of rain comes with that..seems to be lots of rainy dreary days right now...but then the sun comes out, the birds sing and life seems good.

jostoy, hope after your injection that you will be getting some relief from that back pain.

Got my Remicade infusion yesterday so I am hoping for better days ahead also..I love having the ability on my IPad to watch a movie or any sort of tv from my cable provider, watching a movie makes it go faster...which is what I did.

Got to do some dusting and laundry today and mix up a few batches of cookie dough to have ready to bake when needed..

Not much happening around here, oh yes one other thing, my husband called me a 'nagger' on Saturday, he says all I ever do is nag, nag, nag!!! Well let's just say I was boiling mad!! It started by me telling him days ago the grill needed a new gas bottle, he says "it isn't empty yet", I say, "I know but it shows it is almost empty and I don't want it to go empty while I am cooking", he says, "I don't think that gage is accurate", and I say, well we are going to the grocery store, let's fill the car up with gas, get the gas bottle filled, etc. He says all you do is nag, nag nag!!! I tell him, "if you would just do things when they need done and wasn't so forgetful I wouldn't have to nag!!! I am done with this!!! Will just do it myself from now on and that will make him even madder...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Merged the posts.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh my Elaine, you sure have had a lot going on, I am so glad you are blessed with so many that can help you and John...I can well imagine that it hurts John to the core that he can no longer do all the things he use to do...he was always doing something...prayers to both of you...such chaos when you surely don't need it, but getting rid of 'stuff' is something we all need to do, I have done a lot of it and when I look back I have not missed any of it...I have a little more to do, but hubby hangs on to everything..

Good soggy morning! Ok....I need some more sunshine and I don't see it in the forecast until next week. Blah!

Yesterday was rainy, dreary, and it just sapped my energy. After lunch I took a nap before finding the energy to clean a bit and get dinner ready. Went to see the musical at the school my girls use to go to when we lived here back in the day. Aunt Maye's grand daughter was in it. It was the Wizard of Oz....cute! They even had a live dog for Toto and it did a fabulous job...so well behaved.

This morning I woke up super early, so I finally gave up at 5:40am and got up. Made the two German Choc pies the restaurant ordered for today. Will leave shortly to hit up Giant Eagle, Sam's, & Aldi's to pick up sale items and the rest of what I need for tomorrow's concession stand. Will come home and make the pie for tomorrow. My brother Ray called yesterday and he's going with me again. I think he really enjoyed helping me last week.

Sharon...we all get accused of nagging because they either don't listen to us or don't think we know what we are talking about.
      Jo...glad you've got some relief for your back....now rest ALL 5 days!
      Elaine...you reap what you sow and you two have sown lots of good seed. Glad others are there for you now. I bet it's bugger John though...uh?

Have a good one all!

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        And if you don't nag they would forget their own heads...and in the end we are the ones that have to be the inconvenienced...for instance last night, he is going on a fishing trip next Sat. I ask, "did you get your license yet?", he says, "no not yet, haven't had time, been swamped at work", but yet he has taken the time to go do other things while at work...grrrr and gets upset because I nag... he will, just don't worry about it, I worry to much...

Good morning....I saved to much to do for today..I have 4 hours to finish up most of what I need to do then...I have a meeting at 1 should be done with that by 2. I have an errand after that..then leaving at 4. for my retreat..

I have a meeting with all the people support people from work today...I am a little bit nervous...I have a job coach that I am not sure was doing exactly what she was supposed to be doing..I think that she may done way more than what she was supposed to do for me and it gave my boss the wrong aditude torward me..and how I work...

Comment

Today marks 3 years since Mom left us. I am sad.

Life has changed so much (and mostly for the better) since then. Still no contact with my siblings, but I guess that's for the best.

It's my day off and I'm doing laundry and cooking.

Elaine - thankful that you have friends and family who are close by and can help.

Boff - I'm a do-it-myself kind of person too, and it astounds me when Chris says "let me do that". Never had that before and like it a LOT.

I'm off to bake some blonde brownies. Y'all have a good 'un.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Pat what are blond brownies?

Comment

My post is gone! Poof!! What button do you think I hit to do that so often? I was almost finished too. Oh well, to recap quickly we had a great shopping day. Kid made a haul and I even picked up some nicer tops for myself. After a visit to Bath and Body we will both smell sweet. Today it is overcast and cold. I was liking those warm mornings and now I am bundled in my fuzzy robe. Am staying out of the grocery this morning and we will have leftover spaghetti with no salad and maybe I have hot rolls. Round two of the playoffs start tonight so I cannot wear myself out working today....I have hockey this evening!! Need to call my sister and catch up on round two of her marital woes. Evidently building a house does not make a healthy or happy relationship and they have not even broke ground yet! Men! the most unreasonable things on earth...hey I have to pick a side cuz she was going to let me pick out the paint for my own room should I ever decide to leave this paradise of messy men and choose poolside living! Jostoy hope the shot helps your back, Elaine to have good friends is indeed a blessing, Beth good luck with your meeting, cookie nice to have help when you need it, Boffler men never listen and bring on the nagging themselves...if they would just do as we ask right off life would be so simple. Good morning to everyone. Do not know the weather forecast for here but it might as well rain if it is going to be this cold.

Comment

Bethina, I will post the recipe in the kitchen.
              The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

good late morning

I was up early enough to have started today but..... I got a big roast to make in crock pot today... most of it goes to Karen's house ...had everything prepared
                last evening . so just had to put roast, onions and seasoning in the pot.and turn it on... David was up ahead of me,, and almost put the crock pot back in the upper cupboard.
                Elaine.. you are very very wise. cleaning out the closets and storage area NOW... I want to do that... but I get started and run out of energy.. I look at the calendar and realize How old I am.. and realize Im going to have to call for help.. OR.... throw something out everyday... now thats a plan I could follow!..
                we need to put David and John together in yard chairs.to. talk.. D. really really hates that he cannot do things that a few years ago were so easy for him..
                Men do hate to admit this..

ah Jostoy ... I always use firefox.... thats why I could not find your backward typing button..
                Sharon.... I LOVE GREEN and how are you getting into the individual post to commeent? and I will warn you right now..... the nagging has only started... it gets worse!... my theory is men are not multi tasker people and do not see things that are going to needed ...they focus on one thing at a time.. and now with DAvid needing pills on time. three times a day... three times a day I remind him... also remind him to turn out lights. lock doors. he even forgot the car needed inspected. of course some of his is age related. but it was pretty much this way all our lives.. good thing I remembered to pick kids up at school

Donna, sunshine... sigh... soon .we hope
                better get a move on .. my list hasn't got much shorter for the day.. see you all later

Hi Justy
                and happy day today Paula.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• boffler
                  boffler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Read below the box, it says Quote, Comment, flag, like...click on comment...and I like the post also.

Good Morning, not sure what is going on today. It's cold so probably just stay in and warm.

Elaine good that you have people to help when needed and that you accept that help. Have known and still know people who need help but are such control freaks, that they refuse to allow people to help, or when they have someone to help, they stand right behind them and get mad if it isn't done the way that they would do it. My Mom was like that, she wanted us to do things for her but she wanted it done how she would do it and none of us could manage that. We always joked that we were going to write a book 100 ways to pull a weed, and my younger brother was going to subtitle it, and then Mom's way.

Dona, glad your brother likes to help you, nice that it gives you both time together

Boffler, I feel your frustration, Kenny is the same way, I tell him we need something but if we aren't "out" he will put it off. I have gotten to where I tell him once and then let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

• boffler
                  boffler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Darla that is going to be me, will bite my tongue..and let the chips fall where they may.

Good morning!
                Yesterday was productive for us. We got an appointment to see a PCP in our former clinic who is *not* a student. We are older and require one we can get to know. (Students you see maybe 3 times before they graduate, they work only on certain days, and you might get a substitute one when yours isn't available.they never really get to *know* anybody's case.)
                Afterwards I looked at the dress in JCPennys. A peasant style dress. It was so long I wore the waist under my breasts and the hem still dragged by 6"!, and you get no choice about off-the-shoulder and that landed near my elbows. It made me look like a set of nesting dolls. But we did find a simple that nearly fit the bill right, and might be useful in the future. The colostomy can be covered, but the spleen's lump will always be evident. *sigh*. This is why I seldom look in mirrors.
                But I did get the 2nd dress. It is the only dress in my closet. For everyday, my muumuus are easiest and most comfortable to deal with.
                E made his shopping stop while I waited in the car. Then we had lunch out. We returned home, and I was ready for a nap. We accomplished what we'd set out to do, so it was a good day.

E has a tee shirt that says on the front " I call my wife 5 horses"..... on the back is says "Nag, Nag, Nag, Nag, Nag". (The horses are shown as well on front and back.).

Elaine, you certainly are blessed by friends and family.

Jo, I'm glad you got relief! Now, take time to relax....don't push doing things and undoing the benefits.

Maye, Maxie,Pat, Beth, Darla and all who follow.....
                Y'all have a great day.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Elaine, I totally agree with Donna! All those blessings are as much a reflection of who you and John are and have been to others as they are of those who stepped in to help!
                  " There is a Dedtiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone.
                  That which we send into the lives of others,
                  Comes back into our own." Kipling? Markham? Can't remember which poet wrote these ones, but I love them. Sounds like so many here.
                  I have a birthday dinner this evening for my friend whose mom lost her short battle with cancer on Valentine's Day this year. She and her husband were so supportive of me during and after Gary's illness and death. I am happy she feels up to this. Her husband has always thrown a barbecue birthday party and this will be her first without her mom.
                  I made a Texas sheet cake yesterday for the shelter. People were commenting on a post I shared of the Pioneer Woman's recipe, and the baby was sleeping, so I just started making it. Really demonstrated how easy and fast they go together. Becky took it in while they were starting dinner and she said a cheer went up. They all love that cake! I cut it in brownie sized pieces, 8 across and 5 down.
                  I am clearing out lots of things this weekend for a church yard sale next weekend. I have things in storage but I doubt I will get over there for this one.
                  Hope you all have a great day!

Comment

Aloha all!

Elaine, what a blessing friends can be. Unfortunately in our lives there comes a time that we no longer can do what we used to do and that is where friends and family can help. Know what your are going through. ((((((((((((((ELAINE and JOHN))))))))))))))))

I will be missing for several days. Of to Hana this afternoon on the little puddle jumper. Granddaughter Meagan will pick up my car tomorrow from Kahului airport and drive herself to Hana and Monday we will reverse the procedure. I am only taking my Ipad with me and the key board is so small I have a hard time reading. Can read what is happening but most likely won't post.

Have a good weekend all!

Comment

Working...
                    X