Good International Earth Day morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good International Earth Day morning!

5:30a here. Dark and quiet. No rain yesterday. YaY!

Had an email last night from a local farm group letting us know English peas are available. Goin to do my darndest to get some today. Haven't had a fresh pea in 25 years, and I love them.

In the meantime, I need to get out the steam mop.

Hope you all have a great day

Good morning all.

​Just a "little" note to say that I'm still among the living.

Everyone have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning....Elaine some fresh peas do sounds mouth watering...wish hubby liked them.

jostoy glad to see you are still with us this morning, is your back screaming at you yet? It should be with the punishment you give it, not good for it nor you...
      Got creams for my rash yesterday, they wanted to give me an antibiotic, I ask if maybe a cream with the antibiotic in it first might work, the pill forms tear me up and I don't like to 'abuse' antibiotics. Not everything requires one...I have come to the conclusion that Drs. do not like you having info from the internet at your disposal, they can no longer 'pull the wool over your eyes', knowledge is power!!!

Maye sounds like you had a good day yesterday, busy, but good...hope the knee is better today, yes don't be like jostoy, if you need that replacement get it done, and if you do, have the type that jostoy got, it went great...can't even tell she had it done.

I really hope that I am able to make it to the store today, it isn't that I feel all that bad, its just I don't have time to make it to a bathroom when the cramping starts so I stay home to be safe, if I am sitting I am fine, but standing and gravity take over, LOL know what I mean.

We are supposed to get rain today also, but I am not complaining because everything is turning green and I love it!! and the oak trees are finally letting their leaves drop...hard to believe those dead leafs do not fall until the following spring...even with all the wind and such of winter...

Well ladies and gents time to read the news, finish my coffee and get busy. Good day to all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! It's a cool & dreary one here today. Yesterday was dreary too.

I accomplished my mission yesterday. I got all 18 doz sugar cookies ice plus about 2 1/2 doz I made extra for the freezer. The rainbow cookies came out so cute! Cooked a nice dinner since I won't be doing any cooking over the weekend for the family.

This morning I'm heading into town to pick up last minute items for tomorrow and then come home to bake 2 pies and make the rice krispie treats. Then I'll start packing the car. Need to think of something for supper that will have leftovers for the weekend.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...today is the day to clean the rest of the house...I want to go for a walk on the river but will stay home instead...if I don't go any where I won't spend money...

I am excited about my parents coming in 2 days! I don't have whole whole lot planned for while they are here...mom still gets very tired very easy!

Comment

We have new front steps...to bad the rest of the porch will have to wait. when you work for the state around here you don't go spending money on a whim...might need it for that rainy day...or food. Today I am lunching with the old gals I went to school with. I have managed to find an excuse to get out of that every month since July, I even broke my foot last summer, but today my streak is over and I have to make an appearance. BUT I will be making an early leave because Andrew is out of school early today and I have a 40 minute drive for this ordeal...eh, occasion. Carpenter will be back to set the back steps but I can leave him here. Sierra said she 'might' drop by and sit for a while just to have a body here. Well, my Blues lost night in double overtime so we play again Saturday in Chicago. I was up until almost 1:00 AM watching that darn game! Andrew did not load up on good junk at the book fair...even brought me change, evidently most of the good junk went before it was his class's turn to shop. Bummer on end of school term sales! Left overs tonight and no kids this weekend so no additional cooking. Those kids at like piglets last night! So did their grandmother...I love BBq'd chicken and grilled veggies. Sun peeking out and I need to shower and be dressed. Have a good Friday and upcoming weekend. If time I will stop for the rest of my shrubs today. We have got to finish the back up so we can get to the porch...paint and a bandaid but it will look more presentable. My gardenia is full of buds and needs to be potted. So much to do and so little energy. If I had a magic wand..oh the things I could do..

Comment

Good morning.

If I got an hour's sleep last night, that's it. Got up at midnight and took 2 sleep aids, but still couldn't sleep.
              We were thinking of going to see a movie today, but I might grab a nap instead. We wil see.

Today's weather should be hot and sunny again. It's okay with me.

It's odd to watch E carrying a load or two of laundry everyday. Doing kitchen chores. Stuff I'd normally been doing.

Sharon,I can relate!
              Jostoy living beats the alternative.

Well, I need to go cream my feet so the joints will work with less effort.

Have a beautiful day! 🌞
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. Rain and thunder expected later today. Looking outside, it looks like it won't be long.

Went to orthopedist about my knee yesterday. Nice young Dr. decreed that it was bursitis and set me up with my favorite therapist. No bad attitude in this Dr. that often seems to happen with the young ones. Bus drivers were nice, actually they always have been so far.

Pot luck yesterday and I missed it. I had made the pound cake night before but when I got home and started to make the vegetable dish I could barely make myself move. I had a small accident earlier so I think I picked up a bug of the nasty type. Immodium is my best friend. Called and asked the mgt. for someone to come for the cake. Sorry I had to miss it.

That's all folks. H ave a good one.

Comment

Good Morning. furnace is kicking on so must not be to warm out there. My peonies and hostas are both coming up fast. The green part of the naked ladies are huge this year, Kenny still don't remember that the green comes up and dies before there are any blooms, he keeps telling me that they aren't going to bloom. He has learned not to knock the ants off my peonies. While I was in NE I replanted some flowers that McKartni had given her Daddy last year for his birthday and for Fathers day. Kids didn't know the seed pods were there (when they died off last year they hadn't pulled them out of the pots). True they are the kind of flowers that the stores want you to believe you have to buy every year.

Boff, don't know if you watch Hot In Cleavland if you do you know why every time I think depends it turns in to "Mrs Lady Pants" for the woman on the go who really has to go.

Comment

good morning ...

did all the "chores " before coming here... dishes. line up D. pills in his daily little container.. make out two bill.. Had used the credit card to pay them ,, had a discount if you did... they are ready for D. to take to mailbox.. ......expecting Karen to drop in this morning? sometime.. she has a sewing project that needs some help.....
                    we did have a great day yesterday... went to the Mall first.. we picked out clothes, new tops. slacks , I tried them on . decided on the winners.. paid with the debit card and was out of that store in about 1/2 hr.. its about a 45 min drive away . so if I decide I dont like any of them.. I probably will just hang in closet and forget but three of the tops and the 2 pr slacks( needing hemmed) are keepers.. the other two tops .were iffy... but I think someone younger in family would like them ..
                    we went over to college ( 10 min away) got Hannah ... after viewing her Room.. we went for lunch... had a relaxed day .. hope we helped Hannah to be calmer through these last couple weeks of Freshman year.

The knee behaved well yesterday.. took very good care to walk carefully.. but today is another story... like Jo..I did not get much sleep last night... it was full moon night.. and my brain just would not shut down... and its wet and ycky outside... so aching here ,there and about everywhere. maybe Karen coming will perk me up...

so glad to see ALL you dear folks checking in.. a little "hello" is good Jostoy

David survived me being away yesterday.. ... altho . he forgot every one of his pills.. at least he did not run the lawn mower..

Donna ,saw picture of Rainbow cookies.. CUTE.
                    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I am going to Facebook after this and hopefully,muse those cookies.
                      I didn't get much sleep,either. Mine wind and rain was making my little fluffy dog so scared she just kept walking around the bed, trying to curl up on my head, and panting. I put her down hoping she would hide under the bed, but, no, she just whined and yipped to get back on the bed.
                      But, I got up in time and just looking forward to this weekend.
                      Becky and i are going to Redding for a live performance of Mary Poppns. I chose the matinee and now trying to decide what's appropriate afternoon wear.
                      When I asked the women I purchased tickets from she said, you will see all kinds of dress. Meaning jeans and boots to whatever...I am going for dressier church or wedding reception...
                      Glad the shopping trip went well!
                      Hope the rest of your day is trouble free, Rounders!

Comment

Aloha all!

I too am among the living and like some of you didn't get much sleep either. Do you suppose it was the full moon?

Tried to take a picture of the full moon through the palm trees this morning but couldn't figure out the camera on the darn thing. Why do they expect you should just automatically know how to do all this stuff with no manual. I was born 30 years too earlyh.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Back again
                          sleepless night....... yes Nalani, it definitely is the full moon...... keeps making me think it is morning ... Hard for me to get to sleep with that much light coming into the room....
                          Karen did get here and we got her project all done except for a little bit of hand sewing .. in the early afternoon..

Got a surprise call from DAvid's sister that she was in the "vicinity"... She still keeps Dr appointments with the lung Dr. who took care of her years ago.( when she had her left lung collapse twice in 3 weeks. , He did get her to stop smoking!)... this Dr. has an office in the same building my PCP does too.( only 15miles away). He is not involved with the hospital she went to just a week or so ago with breathing problems ... but she wanted him to check her ... in case she would ever have to come to a Pittsburgh hospital. he would have her current health reports. . so we met her , her daughter and grandson at a restaurant for late late lunch.. was nice for brother and sister to see each other .. both had hospital stays..

and finally news from here. DAVID WENT BACK TO WORK AT SAWMILL FOR ALMOST 2 HOURS..this evening .. he said it felt great , sure lifted his spirits.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                          X