It's Wednesday, April 20th, let the day begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Wednesday, April 20th, let the day begin

Good Morning ya'll !! Time to get up and get going..for me that means going to the 'pot-ta' a lot the past few days, the ole crohn's has raised its ugly head, this to shall pass I hope, if not I have a 9 days to my next treatment...bring on the Depends!!

I have a hair appt. today, cut, style, and waxing of the face...to much info today, ha ha

Got chicken breast defrosting to put in the grill tonight for supper, still need a run to the grocery but not with the way the stomach is feeling, did get the hubby's pants cut off and hemmed, washed and pressed..

He had a business meeting out of town today, in Detroit in fact...

Wondering how Elaine and John are doing...John's health and the flooding in Texas...
    Hope we have more checking in today, may not always respond but I sure like knowing you are here and what is happening in your life..

Here comes the sun!!

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning!

Hi Sharon. Sorry you are having another bad round. Hope it passes quickly.

Raining cats and dogs out there. Hope it quits by tonight. Everything is water logged around here.

Another transfusion for John yesterday. Started at 10 and got home by 3, so it went pretty fast.

Really need to do some cleaning around here today.

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! This will be the last one until Saturday. Yesterday was very pretty but cooler.

Yesterday was good. Headed to town first thing to get supplies at Sam's & Aldi's. Pulled into Sam's parking lot when it hit me that I forgot to put my card back in my purse. I had taken most of my cards out of my purse on Saturday and forgot to put most of them back in. Did grab my debit card on Sunday, but that was the only one. So onto Aldi's and bought a ton there for the concession stand. Came home and ask Kathy if she'd like to go back into town and have lunch at Arby's once Blaise got home, so that's what we did. We had fun the three of us. Come to find out that Kathy is back to dating Creepy Jimmy. Blah! "But Mom...you guys need to give him a second chance." Yea, he's had WAY MORE than 2 chances and he's blown them all. Once I got all my supplies in, I organized and reorganized my concession stand supplies and bags. After 2 weeks experience, I've learned what I can eliminate and what I truly need.

Was just finished cleaning up from dinner & sitting down with Blaise when the power went out. It was sunny & nice. Didn't hear a siren anywhere. Still no power until about 1am I think. I read by flashlight all evening and was in bed by 11pm, which is early for me.

Blaise is going on his first Kindergarten field trip today to the Children's Museum. I was on the list as a back up chaperon if one of the parents backed out. Apparently I wasn't needed which was great because today I plan to bake off all the sugar cookie dough I mixed up yesterday. I have enough made for at least 20 dozen and I have an order for 18 dozen. I HOPE to have them done before Blaise needs picked up at 2:30pm. I may not accomplish that though if Karen doesn't have the rainbow cutter. I'm making rainbows, hearts, witches hat, and ruby slippers....Wizard of Oz theme for their musical next week. I want to get them iced tomorrow. If I do have them done by Sunday, we are going up to visit Becca.

Sharon...oh no...that's going to screw up camping! Hope you feel better soon.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...

Last night was fun with the new group of people..I think that I will find some new friends in that group...already looking forward to the activities next Month...I think they said last night the zoo is on Schedule for next month...and a place called grant's farm..I may sign up for both of those activities...I have not decided..

Today is clean my room and clean the house...I don't think that I am going any place but maybe out for supper and church tonight.

Comment

Morning all. Hard day today - attending the funeral of my friend, Marty who passed away Saturday - less than a week after being diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer.

About to get Erin out the door to school and then come home and put some red beans and rice on for dinner.

Boff - hope you feel better quickly.

Y'all have a good 'un.
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning, nothing planned for today. Looks to be sunny out there but the furnace is kicking on so must not be very warm.

Beth, I love Grant's farm. The Budweiser Clydsdales are housed there. If it hasn't changed you ride a train through seeing lots of exotic animals roaming free. (camels, zebras and things like that). Truthfully I like it more than the zoo.

Kenny did get the wires figured out and fixed on the truck, I told him that if he parks it to where Fred can chew them again I'm gonna kick his butt.

Comment

Good morning, all. Another nice day here, very warm into the 80's.

Haven't been around for a couple of days, Hurting all over. I think it's the weather changing back and forth. doesn't hurt much right now so I'm good to go. Niece, Carla, took me shopping yesterday. Once again my darned card didn't work. New one that I had just activated. So many places here are refusing checks. At least Walmart and my grocery store still accept them.
              Our Walmart is finally getting their grocery store built. I think it has been more than 5 years since they started talking about it. I think we need it like another pain in the rear. Since they decided to build it we have added a Family Dollar and a .99 cent store I don't like the Dollar Store at all. Reminds me of an overgrown mini-mart. At least the 99 cent store has vegetables. Just have to be careful not to over buy because they Don't keep very long.

Tomorrow is Orthopedist visit to see what is going on with my knee. It was hurting yesterday but seems OK this morning. Will call Dial-a-Ride to pick me up. Must make a reservation today.

That's it for me. Everyone be good.

Comment

Darla, we posted at the same time. I love those Clydesdales. they are so beautiful. Would love to see them for real.

Comment

Good Morning ...

did the "work" items first this morning ,,, fed an ungrateful feral cat ... he slashed out at me this morning ... so the nice soft Kitty-voice got tossed away and I use the drill Sargent voice.. "Move Cat!" .. I know he is frightened of humans ,probably been treated mean..... but I'm the hand that feeds him.!..

so little items done. pondering what to cook.. on this lovely sunny day... can you tell Donna and I are closely related?...we love our sunshine.

had a bout of diarrhea yesterday..... I started to take potassium pills.. huge buggers... IF I have more afternoons like that .. the huge pill gets set back and I will just increase the potassium loaded foods.. anyone else ever take Potassium pill.??? I did read the big paper that came with them and among the many many side effects was the word diarrhea...

Elaine, prayers and thought for you and John..

Bethina,, so glad to hear your new group was fun..
                  Sharon,, we just got to tell them our tummy was hurting and we had to go!!!!. that is need-to-know information!... and you just reminded me when you mentioned chicken.... one of the things I want to do today is get all the pieces ,packages of chicken in freezer and cook them all.. will pick off the meat and grind and make into chicken salad .. much longer in the freezer and they won't be fit to use.

Hi Pat.
                  and Hi Justy, Paula, and all you others gals.... and HI ARM
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Maye,WOW..See you here early....That cat was trying to get you up....lol.....What did the say..Did she "Move it"..Or give you those cute eyes..Mine like to siff into my ear..That wake me up.
                    Here is great for you ..Maye...lol...This will make your day...

I had to the early..To get the last min thing..Before the rain get here..Like milk & bread...

And everyone have nice day..
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

No sun this morning. Yesterday I moved around some summer clothes and the a/c was turned on so summer cannot back out now! Some hockey game last night!! We won but a brawl erupted at the closing whistle. Some bad calls but we won inspite of them and showed we are the better team. If we win tomorrow we are on to round two of the playoffs and the Chicago Black Hawks can practice their golf. I have been to Grants Farm many many times and you will love it Beth. I love the Clydesdales. The St. Louis Zoo is also highly rated. Gets cold in the penguin house so be prepared but don't miss it. We went out to eat for supper and Jon got a phone call from Drew's mom asking where we were. He forgot to change buses and ended up at our house alone. He has a key and came in, ate chips, watched tv, then called his mom and his stepdad picked him up. He has been prepared for an emergency but you still feel guilty for not being there. However, that is the reason he was given a key. Think I will make pancakes for supper tonight...they sound so good. Have another naggy headache so allergies are active. Might need to change the meds...some years you gotta do that. Allegra not cutting it so will try Claritan and then on to Zyrtex until I find the right one this season. House is clean but Jon mentioned bringing out his laundry. Heard the semi turn into the laundry room this morning so I have a big surprise waiting. Why does he wait until he runs out of clothes? He is a grown man for goodness sakes....but will always be my baby so I will do laundry all day. Finally saw the video of the Houston flooding. Oh my! It appears the weather runs in two cycles..flood or dust bowl. Always an extreme and never a norm...

Comment

Oh ps to Jo. This is your first day of chemo? I have been thinking about you doing this...my sister did it a few years back and did great. Wishing you the same experience.

Comment

This is the third day the roofers are here. Hoping it is the final day. Also the pest control guy pulled up and it is garbage day: dogs will be barking!
                          I hope Jo has a good day. And Ellis, too.
                          Not much to report right now..
                          Beth, your group and activities sound fun! I would love to see that farm and the horses in person. They come to our Round-Up every few years.
                          Have a good day, hopefully, quieter than mine! While I was sweeping this morning and getting ready, I didn't put on the news, or music or anything! Just enjoyed the sound of the birds outside.

Comment

It is now almost 10:00 and we are outside! The roofers are gone and just a few "caps" he is waiting on. No more nose!
                            They cleaned everything up and then used a huge blower to blow away all dust from the work that had fallen down on the patio and out front.

Comment

My crohns is just a minor flare right now, that is why I am taking it easy and being very careful what I eat, just a minor inconvenience when I want to do something. Also thinking of JoG.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
                              X