Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuesday 19 April..

Rise and shine everyone..

And another beautiful sunny day..Little chill in the morning..And warm in the afternoon.

I thought was cute pic..And show it off to everyone..lol...I thought we need a good laugh to day..
    The kitty are watching birds right now..

And everyone have nice day...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

And a good morning to you also, and to all others that pass this way...Such funny advice from so many years ago, nice dress, makeup, etc. yeah right!!

Not much planned today, play catch up on the laundry, and hem a pair of pants for the hubby, pretty soon I will have to start cutting off and hemming my own pants if I don't stop shrinking, all I can say is I hope jostoy is shrinking in height at the same rate I am or I won't be able to pick on her anymore about being short, LOL...

Yesterday at the dentist found out that even though you have a tooth with a crown if not done properly you can get a decay underneath it, so next week the crown comes off and a new one to be done..I have to admit that I was the usual ever 6 months getting my teeth cleaned, etc. but have not been to a dentist since being back, just one thing after another happening, so was given many compliments about my good hygiene with my teeth, thankful, but I truly believe that the Sonicare toothbrush is the key and they agreed..have been using one for over 15 years.

Tomorrow is hair apt. also need to make a grocery list and so some shopping...

Funny with jostoy keypad typing backwards, surely has to be a setting somewhere gone wrong...like using pig latin..

I tried windows 10 and did not like it so I went back to Windows 7...figured this computer is 6 years old and I am not unhappy with it so why change...if and when I get a new one then I'm sure I will have to get use to something different.. My laptop still has Vista on it they hubby uses it, I use my IPad in the evenings...

Well ladies and gents time to drink my coffee and read the news then get this day started...
    Hope everyone has a little sunshine in their lives today.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning...woke up with itchy puffy eyes this morning...all allergies...I have been good to take my allergy pill each night...I think it may be the purple trees that are blooming right now...or the stinky mulch they were using at the shopping center yesterday..

Volunteering on my old schedule today...my supervisor is sick so I will come home when my sister can bring me. Tonight I am going to dinner and to play cards with a group that I joined recently it will be nice meeting new people...I know the lady that is incharge of the activity.

Late yesterday afternoon I got a text from my job coach she has resigned and will no longer be working for the placement place that helped me get my job...I am off this Sunday but when I go back to work I will have a new job coach...honestly I am a little bit relieved to be off this Sunday especially with getting a new job coach because its the Sunday before invetory.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! I sure hope I find some energy to go along with all this lovely weather.

Yesterday was very good. Since Kathy's car was in the garage getting repaired...again...she was able to get Blaise off the bus, so I called my Mom and we went into town looking for living room curtains for her. She found a pair at the first place, but we continued onto the mall and checked out two other stores and she kept referring back to the first place's curtains. She did buy two new lamps for her living room at the last store. We then went out for lunch.

I called & talked to my brother to let him know how the trip went since he's going to be the one to install the new hardware & such. He was scheduled off work yesterday & today because he's scheduled to work 4 - 10's later this week. Well the rumor mill was very alive and well and there was to be 250 salaried personnel laid off yesterday and all signs pointed to him being one of them. He waited all day and the only msg he got was that his email account was no longer valid. BIG SIGN! He finally got brave enough to call the IT dept and they said his password just needed changed, which he did and he was back into his acct. Finally at 4pm they sent out an email that all lay offs were completed. He made it through!!!!! Whew!

This morning I'm heading to Sam's & Aldi's to pick up supplies for all my cooking and baking this week. Coming home to then start on the baking part. Got an order yesterday for 18 doz sugar cookies for next Monday in Wizard of Oz shapes. Cutters are being provided. Today I mix up the dough & tomorrow I bake. Also going to make 2 dbl batches of Rice Krispie treats for Saturday. Saturday's weather is suppose to be very nice. A little cooler, but sunny....so far. Once I get my supplies today, later on I'll organize all my concession stand supplies. I'm doubling up on the Gatorade & water this time.

Time to get breakfast & head out. Have a great day all!

BTW Sassy...I did NOT inherit my Aunt Maye's love of sewing. A straight seam is my extent of sewing. Now give me a needles and a prepared hem and I'll hand stitch it beautifully.

Comment

good Morning...

yeap , Donna is right.. gorgeous sunny, almost 60 degree morning ... stepped out on deck to feed the feral cat and did not freeze my butt off!... yea spring is here... Donna ,I will also remember that about the hand hemming ... a job I do but my least favorite of sewing ...

Sassy.. that's a cute picture and that's about what my Mother would have looked like sewing... and she probably did have her dishes done and bed made ,etc.. .... and she did have singer sewing maching..

Sharon . would like to find the setting that made the backward typing... cute idea.. but probably not on my Vista ...

Paula was disappointed with DWTSs ending the show without someone going off.. I am wondering if that was a mistake because the judges took too much time arguing. I had to agree with Max and Len.. some of the dances did not have the moves in them ... ( I have watched this long enough the I Could be a Judge ha)... can understand them maybe not wanting to use just the scores because of the switch up.. but. ... ah , there is always next week.. much more important things in real life to worry about .

not much on schedule for today.. but will find something to do I'm sure..

hi everyone ~~~~~
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Up and showered...carpenter coming mid morning to estimate the front porch steps and I was greeted with a note from son asking about two other things to estimate. I hate talking with repairmen! Andrew is not coming after school and I will miss him. We planted a shrub by the fence to keep him from jumping it (the gate is right there!) and he gave us the cons of having a bush there. What if there was a fire? Then use the gate goober!! Mother will meet the bus at home and take him for his ball uniform, hat, socks...she bought his shoes last weekend at a closeout. Did not know Sports Authority was closing stores. Sierra will be here and for two cents (or considerably more) I would have her dad meet us and do dinner at Olga's. Andrew hates it and it is a good time to take advantage and me not cooking is always a good thing. Woke this morning with a headache and cough. Have been on allergy meds for the last month so do not know what this is...does look like Elaine's rain is moving this way for today. I try not to listen to the news anymore. All our news comes from St. Louis and it is normally another shooting or robbery. If I read the newspaper it all political crappola, so I hear the weather second hand from the guy in front or behind me in the check out line. Baseball and hockey tonight and both with Chicago teams. Jo gets her port today? Good luck with that! Never did run the vac yesterday. Sierra called for a late lunch and I went through Big Lots and picked up a big pot for my gardenia bush. I have a bump on my head that is bigger today than yesterday so hope it isn't a tick. It can't be a brain tumor because it is outside but then guess you never know...I do have that headache. So see, today is one of those days you can tell me to shut and go find something to do and I'll still be back tomorrow!

Comment

Good Morning, No idea what is going on today. Have been sitting outside with Kenny while he is trying to fix the truck. Easier to sit out there than to have to run in and out to tell him if the lights are working.

Wasn't to bad with the insurance people yesterday. Woman started to give me a hard time, but I had all of my paperwork in front of me. Told me that I had failed to make a payment and had to make one by_____. So I started reading her off the conformation number where I had paid along with the date, she stopped me and asked "what was that date again?" "Oh yes that payment is here" So when I asked why my insurance was saying it wasn't valid she started telling me about some cross between 2 places and could take 15 days, pointed out the payment was made March 31st (the earliest they would accept it) and since it was now April 18 that was more than 15 days, so she changed it to business days. Funny how I have already gotten 3 letters from them stating that they had the payment and so on and so forth, so I must be in their computer that I have paid so why am I not in that I'm covered? She assured me that I should have my new ID card by the end of the week.

Daughter sent me a picture last night that made me LOL. the text said "Yep it's a camel" Seems Larry's mother didn't know if she was going to make it to the wedding because she and her boyfriend were off buying a camel and didn't know if they would get back in time to get it settled in and make it to the wedding. All Saturday while everyone was trying to focus on the wedding she kept texting each of them about this silly camel. Seems there was a birthday party for her and she insisted that everyone there went out to see the camel.

Comment

Darla, a real, live camel?! Where and Why do you buy a camel? One big spit on her hair and she may regret that decision!
                The roofers are back. I feel like the Grinch again ( Oh the noise, noise, noise!) but the first thing the owner asked me this morning was if they could cut the branches of my mulberry tree that are hitting the house! Yes! And they will haul them away with the rest off their trash and anything I want taken to the dump. I went to the bank yesterday and got a cashiers check for the job. I was just wanting to get it out of my account...
                I hope Elaine and their property is ok. Pictures of the rising water were on the TV as I decided I couldn't take any political news today, with all the noise and kids energy, I just thought I would pass on it. So no GMA for me today.
                I bought another 1/2 flat of Huge strawberries this weekend. Sweet and even the kids agree, no sugar needed. And no white around the tops, either, just ripe and delicious. We had oatmeal with cut strawberries for breakfast. I mix mine in, kids want theirs on the side.

Comment

Good afternoon, ladies.
                  Sounds like you're all having a productive day.
                  We left early today to go to the main hospital.....I was glad to have E their to field questions, with up to 4 people trying to get info at once at times. Eventually the Port got put in. I dozed in the car most of the way home.

My feet look a normal size, but a bit puffy. The fluid is definitely still in there, though. There's still pain associated with walking. But there's more light at the end of the tunnel. Half the night when I'm not asleep, I spend time kneading the painful areas, and that seems to help. Ellis did order me a hospital quality leg massager, so when it arrives I have that to help me.

Other than that, I ave no idea what the rest of the day will bring. But it's sunny and quite warm outside, a beautiful day! 🤗
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aloha all!

Boffler, if that crown is gold, make sure the dentist gives it back to you as you can send it in (the dentist should have an envelope with address of where) and you can get some $$ for it.

Jo, glad your feet are back to normal again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~to all!

If Buddy were here we would be celebrating our 64th anniversary today. It is my Granddaughter's ninth today.

Just found out my Granddaughter will be coming to Maui the day after I go to Hana at the end of the months. So just mailed my extra car keys for her so she can drive to Hana to join her parents and me. Then she will leave about 2 hours from when I'm due back and pick me up at the Kahului airport. It's a two hour drive from Kahului and the puddle jumper takes 15 minutes. She'll stay with me here until her parents come back into town. Should be an exciting weekend over there with Meagan coming, The Taro Festival to go to, and they will also be cutting down a large Monkey Pod tree.

Have a great day all!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayebarnes View Post
                      good Morning...

yeap , Donna is right.. gorgeous sunny, almost 60 degree morning ... stepped out on deck to feed the feral cat and did not freeze my butt off!... yea spring is here... Donna ,I will also remember that about the hand hemming ... a job I do but my least favorite of sewing ...

Sassy.. that's a cute picture and that's about what my Mother would have looked like sewing... and she probably did have her dishes done and bed made ,etc.. .... and she did have singer sewing maching..

Sharon . would like to find the setting that made the backward typing... cute idea.. but probably not on my Vista ...

Paula was disappointed with DWTSs ending the show without someone going off.. I am wondering if that was a mistake because the judges took too much time arguing. I had to agree with Max and Len.. some of the dances did not have the moves in them ... ( I have watched this long enough the I Could be a Judge ha)... can understand them maybe not wanting to use just the scores because of the switch up.. but. ... ah , there is always next week.. much more important things in real life to worry about .

not much on schedule for today.. but will find something to do I'm sure..

hi everyone ~~~~~
                      Maye,Thank-you....And mine too....Mine had singer too..

Comment

Working...
                      X