Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ November 23

Morning all

I'm at my desk sipping coffee. Short week for me - closing at noon on Wednesday and don't come back until Saturday.

Not much else new in our world. How about you?

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

I saw ths pic..what great pic for Thankgiving...lol..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning, all. Not really awake yet. Lily woke me very early, about 3:45, and she was desperate to go out. Poor baby drug me down the walk to get to her favorite spot.

Not much else. Going for a haircut today as I really look shaggy.

'Bout all for now. Have a good one.

Comment

Good Morning!

Hi Pat! Hi Barb! Yes, I live everyday with a thankful heart. So many blessings in my life.

sassy, OMG! That reminds me that yesterday at church one of our members was telling me that they had gotten a new cat and a new pup. They hated each other. Well, the cat hated the dog.
        But he went outside one day and they were sound asleep, huddled up together. He went in to get his phone for a picture, and they were gone when he went back. No proof it happened.

Well, I'm off to town.

Have a good day - lots to do this week.!

Comment

Good Morning..I had to be up early this morning, the cousins wife that fixed my dishwasher said she would come by about 6:30 a.m. to pick up her carrot cake and give me my Tupperware, told hubby before I went to bed that I will set my alarm but I bet she will change it, sure enough a message at 6:30 saying she would be by around 8:30 a.m., but didn't want to chance it so I was up at 6:00 a.m., was not happy about it...so she has a nasty cold, I do not want to be around her so I had to set it out on the small table on my porch...and she would leave the Tupperware on the porch..we will see if she makes it by 8:30 a.m.

I will be doing some prep work for my Thanksgiving Dinner today, chopping up some celery and onions for the stuffing, and onions for the baked beans, as well as some green peppers..I already prepped the brisket and bacon for the beans. Will also make up a few more pie crust for the freezer, like them for just in case purposes...also will try a recipe for carrot cake cookies...I made a Mexican fruitcake and have cream cheese frosting left over so will use it on the cookies..

Have to make a run to the grocery store as we are out of milk, I went to the store on Sat. but did not get milk, I do not drink it so if hubby doesn't tell me we are low and I forget to look then we run out. Also need some Kitchen Bouquet as I like a little more color to the turkey gravy...actually found a pkg. of turkey giblets at the store which I was happy for, love giblet gravy. Well not much else happening around here, just the usual household stuff..picking up and cleaning up...will do most of my cleaning on Wednesday...

Have a great day one and all...I am feeling like I am catching a cold, trying hard to stay WELL!!! Oops, just looked on the calendar, I have an appt. at 11:00 a.m. best get going and hit the shower...brrr, its cold outside.
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good moring...I am excited this morning...leaving in a half hour or less to ride to my sisters..my bother inlaw will be dropping me off at Walmart..I will walk to my doctors office from walmart...then catch a bus someplace to come home...the thing that I am excited about is my parents are going to be over for a bit..apparently mom and dad are bringing my granny to her sisters for a few days..I think Granny with go home Friday...not sure..I just know that is the next time my parents will be in the area...IF I didn't have commitments at the Adult Day care I would leave with my parents today...but I am volunteering tomarrow my regular volunteer day..and I am volunteering on Wednesday because they having Thanksgiving Lunch..I am taking a green bean cassarole...in my opinion you can't have a good Thanksgiving meal with out green bean cassarole.

Everyone have a great day!

Comment

good morning

and a chilly one. only 27... hope to get on the road soon , heading for Aldi's . want to make this a quick trip. still tired from yesterday's baking /cookie making wonderful day.. Tradition has been upheld once more. ..

SassyG. when the granddaughters first came over yesterday ,they had their dog with them whom we love dearly.. however, the dog and my KD Kat do not like each other at all..and I see that picture as a wishful dream of the dog,Shelby.. ... btw Shelby got taken back home so the spatting would not go on all day..
              Sharon, you motor is in gear and you are going 90miles an hour!... slow down a bit!!..your making this "old" person tired and envious..altho. I am doing much the same thing ,prepping where I can. but resting between jobs. ..its good to hear you are feeling so well .
              Hi Barb. Bethina,and Elaine.
              Pat .don't forget to sent list to Kim.. ( sorry, Im a born nag...ask my kids).

see you all later

HI JUSTY
              HI Paula.. busy lady.
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Thanks for the nudge, Aunt Maye. I just re-sent it to her.
                The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning. I seem to have slept in a bit this morning. Am still waking up.
                  Looks like the day will be warm again, in the high 70's. Thanksgiving will be in the 60's, a good day to have the oven on for a cozy home.

Yesterday we had winds all day. Actually I heard them from 3 a.m. DDs ex must have had a time loading his truck with stuff for her. Windy days mean all the neighbor's' loose trash blows into our yard. They are "supposed" to bag trash, but very few actually do. Some winds blow trash barrels over right where they sit by the house. (On trash pickup day, if the truck drops a barrel, the contents are in the street. Guess where the loose bits blow to?) But E picked up quite a bit before DD showed up. I'm glad to say today those winds have ceased. Looks cloudy out there, though.

Our friend who invited us to dinner last night was a no-show. Apparently he'd had his 79th electric shock treatment (for depression) on Friday.....that usually leaves him sleepy for a few days afterwards. Still, it's annoying to be ready for dinner out, with no indication of whether or not he will show up. So at 7 p.m. I threw together hot dogs and potato salad, bacon for E, and pickles.

No particular plans for today. Cleaning out rooms, mostly. Getting rid of accumulating clutter.
                  Tomorrow, PT/INR retake. I hope the results are improved this time. When did lab work become a never-ending medical activity? Or so it seems.

I do want to make a pot of turkey broth to cook with on the holiday. E bought giblets when I asked for chicken livers....the package is a mixed bag of cooking innards. He did also buy at another store a small tub of the chicken livers, the last one they had apparently. So I hope he likes the innards a lot. Makes me wish I had a pet to eat the leftover parts.

Well, will decide whether it's a coffee or mocha day, enroute to the kitchen. We have a few leftover muffins to finish up today. The kids enjoyed most of them yesterday, thank goodness.

Hope you have a good day! 🌞
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! And yes, Maye, it started out busy! Stupid handle on our toilet broke off! Fairly new toilet,too. ,I called the plumber...then realized I needed some paperwork form for two school girls who are coming today. And of course, there were snags in printing them off. So, I did not have time do,my treadmill this morning, but I am taking these few quiet moments to read and post. Today is the only (possibly) hectic day.
                    I just wish I had the fix it myself gene that many here seem to have.
                    Sloppy joes and baked beans today for my school kids request. Comfort food for me, too.
                    Have a good day!

Comment

Originally posted by ladyebug View Post
                      Good Morning!

Hi Pat! Hi Barb! Yes, I live everyday with a thankful heart. So many blessings in my life.

sassy, OMG! That reminds me that yesterday at church one of our members was telling me that they had gotten a new cat and a new pup. They hated each other. Well, the cat hated the dog.
                      But he went outside one day and they were sound asleep, huddled up together. He went in to get his phone for a picture, and they were gone when he went back. No proof it happened.

Well, I'm off to town.

Have a good day - lots to do this week.!

Ladyebug..That would been one pic..To see that..That would been too cute..

Comment

Originally posted by Mayebarnes View Post
                        good morning

and a chilly one. only 27... hope to get on the road soon , heading for Aldi's . want to make this a quick trip. still tired from yesterday's baking /cookie making wonderful day.. Tradition has been upheld once more. ..

SassyG. when the granddaughters first came over yesterday ,they had their dog with them whom we love dearly.. however, the dog and my KD Kat do not like each other at all..and I see that picture as a wishful dream of the dog,Shelby.. ... btw Shelby got taken back home so the spatting would not go on all day..
                        Sharon, you motor is in gear and you are going 90miles an hour!... slow down a bit!!..your making this "old" person tired and envious..altho. I am doing much the same thing ,prepping where I can. but resting between jobs. ..its good to hear you are feeling so well .
                        Hi Barb. Bethina,and Elaine.
                        Pat .don't forget to sent list to Kim.. ( sorry, Im a born nag...ask my kids).

see you all later

HI JUSTY
                        HI Paula.. busy lady.
                        Maye,How cat and dog do the stranges thing..But it is so cute..When they do it..That is good dream of Shelby...That is awful..thing we do for our pets..

Comment

Hi all...

Decided to call in a prescription from Lincare as I was down to a 5 day supply. Found out I may not have it in time due to the regular Dr. not calling in the prescription and due to the Holiday. Might know about the time I get things going in my favor something flubs up. Oh well, hopefully just a little bump in the road of life.

One of my sons friends and wife brought me some venison today. A package of round steak, 2 lb. burger, and a big container of jerky and sausages. Son turned his nose up but my other son will dive right in when he has time.

Hi Maye

Comment

Hey All!!! I'm just FINALLY getting a wee bit of time to sit down before getting busy again.

Yesterday was very productive after I got home from church. I baked off all the dough except for the sugar cookies. Ended up with 6 different kinds. Made a big pot of chicken rice soup and a chicken & broccoli braid (Pampered Chef recipe) and took the braid & some of the soup to my SIL where we were playing cards last night. There were 6 of us...my 2 nieces, my Mom, SIL, and my SIL's Mom. My youngest niece was getting her wisdom teeth out this morning, so we were keeping her mind occupied.

This morning I woke at 5am & thought I'd just get up & get busy. That didn't happen. Didn't get up until 7am. That caused me to hit the floor running. Got a half of ham on roasting & Blaise out the door, then headed to WM & Aldi's to pick up a few more groceries. I sent Corky with a list yesterday, but he wasn't able to find pecans at Aldi's and I need pecans. Got back home & started right into cooking my cousin Karen's dinner(s). She just picked up everything and now I'm going to start in on baking off the sugar cookie dough. We'll see how far I get. I have tomorrow to do it too.

Anxious for Becca to get home tomorrow. She doesn't have to close or open the dorm this time, but she does have to work her lil job in the library until 4pm, so she won't get home here until 5pm. Since she doesn't have to open up the dorm and doesn't have class until late morning on Monday, she's going to stay here until Monday morning...nice!

Back to work....have a good one all!

Comment

I am here and it is still today! LOL

Hi, everyone!!!! Just wanted y'all to know I have ben thinking about you!

I have an early morning appointment to get a perm. I thought about cancelling it because I don't feel good, but I am having my pictures done for out=r church directory on Wednesday morning and I need to have my hair done.

I will try and post later.
                              "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
                              X