Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ Oct. 20th

Morning all

Took Erin to the pediatrician yesterday. We arrived at 11am but were not seen until 1pm. The waiting room was PACKED. They did a strep test on Erin - thankfully, it came back negative. So it's a virus of some sort. Told her to use Chloraseptic lozenges and drink LOTS of water. She has mid-term exams today, so I'm hoping when she wakes up, she will be feeling somewhat better.

Otherwise, not much happening here. Working 12 hours today to make up for having to take off yesterday. Yes, I was at my desk at 5am and will remain here until 5pm. *sigh*

Time for coffee. Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good Morning to all that have or will pass this way today.
    Pat, glad Erin didn't have strep, so hopefully with the throat lozengers and fluids she will be doing better...sorry you have to work 12 hrs. today to make up for it. Hope it goes fast for you.

I have been up since 4:30 a.m., feel like Donna, baked off two different types of cookies already, cleaned litter boxes, vacuumed the utility room, hallway and kitchen, pkg. the sausage patties I made yesterday, and will be rolling out more pie crust here soon. I have a Drs. appt. today so trying to get as much done as I can before I leave, need to leave earlier and get some shopping done, Grandgirl has a birthday this week need to get a gift card from Justice, time to bring in the supplies, shampoo, deodorants, toilet paper, paper towels, body wash, cat food, cat litter, etc., etc. so I need to get motivated.

Hubby had a late night getting to Houston, something happened to the plane he was supposed to be on, they got him on another later flight, then he had to do the same thing in Atlanta, he got a plane the other employee did not, he got a rental car, the other employee was stuck in Atlanta, will be flown to Houston today, hubby had to change the time for the meeting because he has to go from Pasedena, TX back to Houston to pick him up when he gets in. So until he got where he was supposed to be last night it was way past my bedtime which threw my sleep off, so I am up early.

Got 32 blocks hand stitched around putting my quilt together, there are 80 total, then will have to put the binding on...happy to be quilting again..fingertips are sore, but so worth it..

Well I am off the read the news, drink a cup of coffee and hopefully before long it will be light outside..Have a great day one and all..Be thankful for the little things.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning Pat and all to come. Hope your 12 hr. day flies right on by for you.

I have been awake since 1:00 as I have to take a breathing treatment in the middle of the night. Have had my breakfast which consists of low sodium and very restricted liquids, for me anyway. 5 cups a day doesn't get it for me. I am going to try hard to abide by this diet as this is very important to my health. Am having to do things slowly but with all the meds and etc. I do believe I am doing better since I have lost a lot of fluid.

Better scat and get the next breathing treatment in as it takes half an hour and won't be long until the sons get here for work.

Comment

Good morning...thinking my bed is calling me atleast for a while...I need to get my bike out and run to the store for milk...and tea bags..

Other plans for today..I am taking my nieces to the dollar theater this evening..going to see minions...then planning to watch cubs baseball hoping we can pull off a win.

Comment

Good Morning!

Much cooler here in the a.m. Even sleeping with more cover.

Decided to do my dusting before sitting down to the computer, so glad that is finished.

DWTS: SO super glad they got rid of Paula. I hate to say negative things, but that woman drives me NUTS! Her teeth remind me of that commercial about doggie dentures - and that "accent" I live in the south and nobody sounds like that (except maybe Reba?). Praise to Louis for putting up with her.

So lunch yesterday: Pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits, and cantelope. I just put that chop in the pan with a smear of oil and let it cook slowly until everything else was ready, and it browned perfectly and was so moist and tender. John likes plain, so we do plain around here.

Pat, I am going to follow your blog, but I have to tell you that there isn't a lot of cooking "fancy" around here. John eats much less than he used to, stays away from anything sweet, and I just plain don't need the calories.
          I think it's wonderful that you've begun this venture because some of my favorite recipes came from you.

Well, better move along and read emails. Heard them going off all night.

Have a great day!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Got 5 rooms of woodwork done yesterday and will do all the woodwork in the wood floor areas today. Also painted some in my bedroom closet yesterday so I was a tired puppy last night. Don't know if I'll get to mopping all the wood floors today or do that tomorrow. Trying to get ahead of the game a little before leaving for my winter destination. Sure am looking forward to that this year as I froze last winter.

If I want to get anything done today, I better get off here and get started.

Everyone have a fun day.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning! Does anyone else have trouble with the RT site? I get all kinds of errors but not on other sites. ...weird.

Yesterday wasn't too productive, but oh well. No baking. Decided to go with Corky to the stores south of here. Aunt J stopped by and got some mending from me...unplanned. I broke the zipper pull up off of Blaise's coat yesterday morning. Stupid plastic zippers. Took Blaise to the library and then got Kathy's shirts shipped back to her old employer who is holding her final paycheck hostage until the shirts are received. She heard that the boss still won't release her check unless she comes in to pick it up personally. That's BS! Stopped by the local grocery store to pick the Domino's sugar that's one sale because I also had a $.75 coupon they'll double. I also got a rain check because I got the last 2 pkg of sugar left, which worked out perfect because there was a limit of 2. I have 3 more coupons, so I'll be going back over today & hopefully use them all.

This morning my cousin Karen is coming over to go over menu ideas. I'm going to be cooking dinner for them 1 or 2x a week and since it's only her at this point, I'll let her pick or at least give me ideas. Need to bake off the sugar cookie dough and maybe ice them. Just ghosts & pumpkins. I think it'll be leftovers for dinner tonight. NCIS tonight! The only show my husband will actually sit down & watch with me.

Hope Erin feels better and well enough to concentrate today during her tests. Sharon...you are wearing me out with all you are doing. You go girl! Slow but sure. Elaine...I'm in the mood for pork chops. Will have to see if I have any in the freezer.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good lawn care Tuesday! As soon as it is light enough I need to clean up from the dogs so it can be mowed. Not usually a difficult job but rain makes it tricky.
                Sorry for that...
                Elaine, I am happy to hear a Southerner mention that (put on) accent of Paula Deen. And Who acts like that? I don't think it is cute, or charming or even eccentric the way she acts...more like vulgar. Anyway, I like a lot of her recipes, but not her "acting." Certainly not her dancing, but good for her to go on national TV and give it a try.
                Boffler, you sure sound motivated already!
                Pat, is the blog link on Facebook? I looked but couldn't find it...when the new toddler gave me a little time! I want to Share it.
                All the talk of dusting and floors has got me motivated. So I best get moving!
                Maye, Logan is just so cute to see first thing! I had to go take another peek in the nursery!
                Rounders, take care, take a break from all that work and thanks for the motivation!

Comment

Good Morning ,

Elaine, your dusting right away is like me cleaning up the kitchen sink, counters etc... can't get motivated until that is done!.. and Paula leaving on DWTSs finally.!.. IF Mark don't quit dressing up his partners in weird outfits. he is doomed to lose again.. .my choice is still Bindi...
                  ...... David is eating like John now.. not very much , and not fancy. plain .. he has lost weight, (to diabetes and age )... all our life together he was in 180 or higher .. now he is in the mid 160. and still slowly losing .. wearing Med. shirts and lost 2 pants sizes ..strange. I am going the other direction

Sharon ,I now know why you and Donna are bestie friends... you both move 90 mile an hour in your house and kitchen ,( when you are well).
                  .......once upon a time, many years ago..I was like that too.... ( except I never did the cooking ,baking stuff for fun.. had 6 people to cook for tho')

to Donna's remark about the Errors that pop up.... if you stop typing and then restart it will show up.. .just click and keep on going ..
                  probably a built in feature like the Restore. which I love!.... if you hit a wrong key and are gone from RT completely, you can come back in and Restore your unfinished post.

Sure hope Erin does well on her finals... needs a self-esteem boast at the new school.

Jostoy... want to come live with me?....... you are such a whirlwind house maintainer ...except for a few repair type jobs.. I do all the inside house work. did hire granddaughter to do the windows ,curtains. light fixtures. and will hire her again to do any wall scrubbing ..

think today I will work on Blaise's coat... found a really good metal zipper among my collection .. that will work.. going to be a challenge to the sewing machine to sew it in.. but the coat is useless with a broken zipper.. so if I can get this replacement in ...he will get some wear out of it.
                  Sharon.. you are making me think about little crib size quilt for our little Logan... ummmm

Hi Justy... just follow drs orders ... and so happy you came to chat today..

rest of you sleepy heads ..... what's up at your house.

see you later ...

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, all you busy people.
                    I slept a bit later again. Must have needed it. No plans except to TRY to get a few things done today.
                    Maye, I think we all - in the Land of Once Upon a Time - accomplished a lot more than we do today. 😊
                    I know that I used to, and also had 5 kids and a couple of pets to hinder me. LOL

Cookie, yes I had problems a couple of weeks ago getting into the RT. Even still, the posting can take a while to post....I see a "working" notice saying its trying, but the progress seems to be stalled, and often does the same for the next try. I leave the RT and return, and it works then. But 20 minutes or more may be shot in the process.

Nalani...yesterday an actor at Tombstone had live bullets in his gun. During the gunfight reenactment he shot the opposing actor in the lower right stomach, an audience bystander (lady) in the neck, and some storefront windows. It's all under investigation yet, the actor may face charges, and the gunfight reenactment so are stopped until further notice. I really hate guns!

I'm glad to see all the health improvements here. Guess it's time to take care of ourselves with the kind of care we gave our families, isn't it?

Well, I guess I'll make my tea and have some cereal. E will not be underfoot here today, so I might just get a few things accomplished.

Have a great day!
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

The kitchen door is finished. Jostoy just flies through home improvement and it is a red letter and 2 day project to paint, winter proof a darn old wooden door. I still need to paint the inside side and it will be ready for winter! Jon starts vacation in a few and we are going to have all the finishing materials, trim, an interior door, dishwasher, etc., delivered. It is nuts trying to do home remodel without an available truck and rediculous delivery charges. Today is Sierra's orientation for the occupational therapy program then she is going to mommy dearest's for the evening. I will have the house to myself all afternoon and evening. AND I may celebrate by doing nothing. Dinner last night was a success! Jon and Sierra had 3 helpings each of Tinker's recipe...Andrew 'doesn't eat food mixed together'. He doesn;t...never has...something strange from his mother but I know he will outgrow that down the road, but he did eat a large salad and most of the dinner rolls. Nothing new here, nothing new going to happen today so I will sign off. Hope Erin gets well soon...not feeling well is tough on an exam! Good luck!

Comment

Good morning, all. Slept late this AM, 7:00 is really late for me. I'm usually up around 5:00 or 5:30.

Yesterday I went for the senior lunch that's available on Mon. and Wed. Tamale pie, which is something I usually love. The filling was tasty but instead of cornmeal mush it had a sweetish cornbread topping. I don't know if it got soggy from the filling or wasn't baked enough. Yuck.

Everyone else is so busy it wears me out reading the posts.

Not really much to say as I'm so late so will just wish you all a great day.

Comment

Aloha all!

Jo, that incident in Tombstone was in our Maui News this morning. Wonder who is responsible for the live bullets in the gun?

Will go to a meeting this morning on Social Security and medicare here. Still trying to get some for Bim. So much red tape to do so. He is physically in good shape but not mentally and that is what is so difficult. JoS had tried to help me in the past . May have better luck in Hawaii as they are more liberal in Hawaii then Arizona.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Nalani, those guns are supposed to be left in the town's armory after each show, someone empties all the guns there,
                            and also checks the guns' ammunition to be blanks before they're used again.
                            (Oh - a correction - the show was on Sunday, the other guy had his surgery yesterday and will be going home today.)
                            The actor who shot the live ammunition came in late Sunday, strapped on the guns and went right to the performance, and
                            because he came in late his guns weren't checked.
                            It will be interesting when the investigation is over. I can't imagine who'd load the guns with live ammo. It's not funny.
                            Most of the shooters are proud to be Marksmen, so perhaps they purposely aim to non-critical areas just in case. But who knows. Maybe the actors will be required to wear bullet-proof costumes for future shows.
                            (Gibbs and Abby would have the culprit confessing within 30 minutes!). I do want to hear the results of this.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                            X