Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ Oct. 13th

Morning all

Well dang. Look's like my team's quarterback has been suspended for the rest of the season. *sigh* And for taking an over-the-counter substance? Seriously?

Oh well.

Woke up with a sinus headache - will take meds shortly after I eat something. But I'm still at work. Gotta make that paycheck.

Otherwise, same old, same old.

Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

good morning .

everyone taking a morning sleep-in? I had to be up and moving .. My Dr. appt today... at 10.45.. so shower and dressed . 2 loads of laundry..kitchen sink cleaned up.. beds made.. and now to the computer...... when I get home ....hopefully ,after we eat a bite on the road.. stop over at Donnas. I will get a set down until Piano kids at 6...
    Was discussed with that I missed.. almost missed DWTSs.. Steeler football.. which they did end up winning ... I went to computer and kind of "watched" the show on ABC.com.. got to view th
    e HOW the show is run... but it is not focused on the dancing.. but I got the results ... no one went off anyhow. they scored the dancers but it don't count. ?...

Switched channels around on tv and found a old C. MOVIE ..Cary Grant. "the Bishops wife".. and I ended up watching it.
    I can't believe I did that......

well its off to fix my hair and gather up all the stuff that must go with us.. Thank Heavens Donna has some soup for me.

Hi Justy
    Hi Paula...in the recipe where it says set aside 1/3 of cheese... please put the word CUP after the 1/3 cup... not
    1/3of all the chese.

Last edited by Mayebarnes; 10-13-2015, 08:12 AM.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning!

Pat, I had not heard about your QB. Omg! Hope your headache is gone quickly. Cannot deal with a headache.

Janet, busy day for you. DWTS scores from last 2 weeks were added together (they switched partners last night) and results will be announced next week.

Well, pretty weather outside so I think I'll go wander a bit before I start getting lunch.

Have a great day, Everyone.

Comment

Well the day is the day my baby is getting married. She is getting a wonderful husband and 2 great step-children.

Our "excitement" here has been new neighbors. They moved in and were there 3 days and our truck tires ended up sliced. No proof that they had anything to do with it, but seems kind of funny that we've never had that kind of problem before they moved in. Kenny did yell at the 2 little girls the day before, but the Uncle said he understood why but maybe their Momma didn't like it. He came home and as he was turning into the driveway there was a car coming fast behind him, he turned kind of fast into the drive and there were the 2 little ones in the middle of the drive on their bikes, scared the tar out of him. Must not have scared them to bad, because less than an hour later they were back so he yelled at them again. He did tell the Uncle that it just really scared him that he came that close to hitting them and that he didn't want them playing in the driveway, since he couldn't see them behind the truck and didn't want to risk backing over them our their bikes. He also gave the little girls some halloween candy that we had and a package of cookies, but the next morning went out and not just one but 2 tires had been cut on the truck, someone had also went through the arm rest on the Explorer but the only thing we could tell they took was my "Aldi's quarter"

Comment

Good Morning! It's warmer out there than I expected. Poor Blaise is wearing a coat instead of a jacket.

Yesterday was good. After a quick trip to Aldi's, I made a big pot of chicken & rice soup....the guys' request and a couple loaves of bread. Then I went with my brother, SIL, niece, and Mom to a band festival about an hour north to watch my other niece's college band perform. Since they were the final band to perform (they were the guest college band at a HS festival), my niece had time to come up & visit us, so she knew where to look for us later. The weather was perfect.

This morning I have an ultra sound appt. After that I'll come home & make a pie & salad to go with the soup & bread for my cousin. She's ask to go back on my cooking schedule. Hope I can get a couple more people. Looking forward to seeing Aunt J.

Kathy FINALLY showed up last night around 10:30. She left Saturday at 1:30pm.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning everyone! I am running a bit behind, but I wanted to post before it got to be late! I have an appointment with my lawyer!

Just talked with Donald's attorney and his sentencing hearing will be on November 10 and what was supposed to be a 27 to 30 years sentence has now gone to 40 years to life. Please keep Donald in your prayers thanks

i wanted to say hi and run! Wll be back later - I hope!!!
            Last edited by Punkin; 10-13-2015, 08:25 AM. Reason: Update info
            "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Good morning!! Go Cubs Go! I am so excited for the game tonight...not feeling the greatest...my ears are really hurting...I don't have a doctor yet..if they are still bothering me on Thursday I will go to outpatient clinic when I am back at my parents.

Today I will ride my bike to the grocery store and donut shop in the next hour or so...I need stuff to take in my lunch tommarow I have my once a week meeting in Saint Louis. Other than that I have the normal chores and want to watch the game tonight for sure!

Comment

Good morning, running a little behind, a glitch in either the computer or internet, but now I am here..

My plan today is to call and see if my Uncle will be home (my Dad's brother) have not been there since being back in Ohio so if he is going to be home I will go over and visit for a little while. His wife of 56 years died 2 1/2 yrs. ago, he remarried after a little over a year and not many like his wife, she is very opinionated and judgemental, sooooo, I have stayed away because I don't want her to rub me the wrong way, LOL... I will be on my best behavior.

Hubby will be on a plane to Memphis this morning, so I will watch his flight pattern. I plan on putting my quilt top, batting and backing together today and get started, going to order a large adjustable quilt frame to make it easier sewing them together..will do that today...

Also in the mood to bake something again, just not sure what, also have a grocery list wrote out, all kinds of irons in the fire, just don't know which ones I will put out first.

Have enough leftovers in the fridge so don't have to do any cooking like that..

Determined, that does sound a little suspicious to me also. Pretty soon Kenny will have the outdoor cameras out and recording on the computer what is going on outside. Congrats on your daughters wedding, know it is sad that you can not be there...

Punkin, so sorry about your worries with your son, we love and worry no matter what age, but we can't change who or what they do..just love them.

Cookie, always busy as usual, Kathy will never put Blaise first, never has, never will, thankfully he has you and Cork for some normalcy in his life...you would think with how she always felt about her birth Mom that she would make sure Blaise never felt that...just hope it doesn't get to be to much for you, hopefully she finds a good factory job with benefits and does some maturing..

Well ladies and gents, time for me to get dressed and get this day started...happy, happy all around to all of you.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Yep, it's morning alright.

I'm not making much progress on being a good "southern belle"......too much Yankee in me to switch over this late in life.

Comment

Good morning, all.
                    I'm such a mess. First the weekend got away from me...,sure went by fast! Then yesterday I went out to work in the yard with E, but he ended up working alone. I only put mulch around the base of the trees. Then suddenly I was feeling heavy, hot, and seeing really big spots. He got to me in time, got me to my chair and gave me a mug of ice to cool off with. Then he finished his work outside alone, and when I finished my ice I'd managed to get back to bed and conked out for the next couple of hours. I know one of my meds doesn't want me out in the heat, so maybe that was the probably was the basis of the problem. I was outside only 15 minutes, 20 max. And I am so disappointed in me.

Pat, sorry about your sinus headache. Those are a bummer.
                    Maye, channels are changing programming now. E hand sets the channels we watch.

Darla, Congratulations to your DD. .... Too bad that "stuff" is happening with the arrival of the new neighbors. In case stuff like this continues, you might want to have a notebook to keep track of these torts-- details and such. My folks had a neighbor like that for a long time, and the police finally told the guy if they kept calling them for crap like that,they'd get HIM locked up. (ie., moms hedges were scratching his car, but he wouldn't let her stand in their driveway to trim them or pick up the branches she'd attempted to cut from her property. He'd throw oil in the middle of her front lawn, climb the back fence and steal her rose bushes, go through her garbage cans....stuff like that.). I hope your new neighbors don't turn out that way.

Hi Cookie, Punkin, and all who follow.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I made called the Dr. office yesterday and am on Prednizone again and a bronchodilator to use in my nebulizer. Oxygen supplier is also working with Dr. Time will tell if this works.

Lovely fall day. Sunny and an occasional leaf falling. Need to get moving.

Hi Maye and all....

Comment

Good morning! Three kids here and waiting on another. Our new one has strep throat and will be out one more day. My pregnant daycare mom is due in a few weeks.
                        Happy times! I am just loving our morning temps and night time cool weather.
                        Boffler, what quilt pattern are you doing? My neighbor gave me a box of squares she cut out and after this wedding I want to put a top together. My mother loves crossword puzzles and I have been collecting black and white print material to make her a quilt that will be a crossword puzzle with family names as the words.
                        Packing clothes for my trip during nap time today. Hopefully, I can do it without stressing my dog!
                        Pat, when I have a sinus headache I heat up a washcloth in the microwave and hold it over the sinus area. It really relieves my pressure. Hope yours is gone already.
                        Jo, meds can really have an adverse effect on us. Take care! Good E was right there with you!
                        Donna and Maye, you guys just have a great family with all the activities and social gatherings you do. ,being so many miles from my brothers and their families makes me enjoy reading about all the reunions, card games, soccer games, band concerts and pot lucks the RT group does!
                        Hope you all have a great day!

Comment

Good late morning, all. another cool morning, high of 92º.

Was just about to check in yesterday morning when my daughter, Kare, showed up with a strange man. Turned out to be her cousin whom I hadn't seen since he was about 3 or 4.
                          They have been good friends forever. He is the son of my late SIL who was killed in a car accident when he was not much more than a toddler.

Sort of messed up yesterday. Move most of the living room furniture to clean under it. Didn't bother my back much but oooh my right shoulder. Chair and two side tables are still sitting in the dining area. I really need to get a new chair as the foot rest is broken. I really need to get a recliner soon. One of the local furniture stores has some pretty good prices right now.

I feel like baking, too.. Just hoping it lasts until afternoon.

Justy, do take care of yourself.
                          Pat, that's the only kind of headache I get. I feel for you. Hope it goes away soon.

Seems like I had a lot more to say but it escaped.

a

Comment

I am really running late this morning...no excuse except the bed felt good. Sierra's alarm did not go off again and she has been told to use a big girl alarm and not her cell phone but nooooooo...gotta use the phone for every darn thing. So she flies out at 6:30 late for work and then and calls me to drive over with her backpack so she can go to mommy dearest after work to watch some damn tv program. The back pack has her homework in it. Since mommy has no intellect it is probably some stupid reality program that I have to dress and drive over homework and go get the keys and put it in her car and take the keys back in then drive back home to shower because I finally have plans with my best friend for dinner. Now you are all thinking what a crabby old lady I am that I can't do this for my beloved granddaughter but lately I have been taking a massive dose of her nastiness and any more time she spends with the mommy is just more I will have heaped on me. I think it is a decision she makes internally every time she sees her mother like making a choice of what she is and what mommy dearest wants her to be. Mommy has great ideas and is so 'wise' but the bill comes here, emotionally and monetarily, and I am sick of paying it. If only I could stick a few pins in a doll...so guess I laid in bed longer this morning just so I didn't have to start running around. This is like the boondies around here and to get anywhere you have to drive the interstate from one 2 lane road to another. But hey, at least you didn't have to listen to me prattling on about my curtains again! So Beth you are a Cubs fan...knew there had to be one out there someplace...haha. Cubbies got us on the ropes but tonight is another game. Go Cardinals!

Comment

Aloha all!

Will have to check and see what is going on with Determined.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~to all and have a good day all! You too HR!

Comment

Working...
                              X