Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ October 5

Good Morning.

Well, another week ahead and nothing much on the calendar.

Weather here is certainly improving. And grasshoppers this year have been managable. Sure hope they don't return in droves next year.

Pat, sorry to hear about your friend.

Janet, sending good wishes for David's sister.

Donna, glad your pie whirlwind is coming to an end. Not sure you've even had time to settle into your new home. Hope all works out with Kathy.

JoG, our days of travel are over and we have new luggage. LOL

Paula, now wifi would have me in a fix. Hope you are back in order. Cannot even imagine doing anything on a telephone, let alone an exam. I do read on min if I get desperate.

Hi jostoy! Hi Sharon! Hi Nalani! Hope I haven't missed anyone.

maxie, I would have loved to see that wedding. I think it's great that people express their individuality in their weddings.

Hope all is well and that you each have a good day. Hugs ~ ~ ~

Morning all

Nothing much new to tell. Back to work after a terrific weekend off. Fall-like temps here yesterday - it never hit 70° all day. I almost froze to death!

I'm off to get more coffee and get this office opened up. Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning all of you wonderful people!! Looks like some views but no good mornings just yet..

Elaine, glad your weather is improving, here it just feels like typical fall days but still lots of green on the ground and on the trees..but chilly mornings and evenings.

Not much on my agenda but some laundry, dusting, sweeping..and making a menu and grocery list. Now we will see how much of that I get done.
      Donna, truly my heart goes out to you, but I also know as a Mother they are our children no matter what age they are...Kathy needs guidance, I would say professional guidance, regular meetings of some sort...just keep your guard up, money and anything of value under lock and key. You really, really do not need the stress, at least Cork is around most times, he needs to lead with an iron fist also to protect you and Blaise..Becca is not going to like this not one bit.. Praying for you dear friend.

Maxie the wedding sounded interesting to say the least, but also kind of magical...like Elaine, like to see people expressing who they are..our world is a changing, and we have to go with the flow..

Paula, so glad the wifi is back, I would be lost if I did not have access to the worldwide internet..

The sun is coming through the trees and it looks soooo nice, but still to chilly to sit on deck with a cup of coffee/tea. Pretty soon it will be time to take all the porch and deck furniture to the pole barn for the winter..but I like winter, love watching snow fall and to see all the white on the ground, just something so peaceful and magical about it..

Well it is time to read the news, have a cup of tea, get dressed and get this day started/.
      Have a wonderful day one and all, I do hope some sun shines in your life today...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Well yesterday I hollered at the end of my driveway that the garden needed tilled and the yard mowed. But guess what...NOONE showed up to do it so I had to do it myself. This morning, the house needs washing, but don't think I'll waste my breath or energy to yell out. So guess what is on my agenda for today...yep I'll be washing the house for the "fall clean-up". The birds always leave a deposit, but never come back with the rest so they can own the house.

Have already had my breakfast and just waiting for the temp to warm up so I can "play in the cold water".

Have a good day one and all. Barb, you and WR be careful with all that water. Think it might be more than what you had at Alton, from what the T.V. is showing.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning

was up much earlier ,but been lazying ( if that is a word) in a chair , with puzzle book and coffee... there is nothing on the calendar or needing done today.. even the laundry is caught up.....

the rest of the week gets nutty... tuesday is a mid-morning Dermatologist check up for me.. about 15 miles north.. routine.
          WEdnesday ,we set here and wait for the Water -softener tech to show up and fix ????? the reset button is not resetting anything ..

Thursday. David has early,8am appt with his Dr.. yet another new one... same group of Doctors.. but he will get one of the "other"ones this time.
          ....... if it were just routine he would have seen the NP.. but he needs prescription wrote for vicodin . Plus he really needs to find out what the eye doctor said about the Double vision... this is the critical trip of the week.

Got a message from Niece. Bonny has a Heart cath scheduled for today.... but they are going to do a stress test first this morning...

Donna, Ditto everything Sharon said about Kathy and then some... YOU must not let her STRESS YOU out... she is a healthy "adult" young lady,
          and you have serious health problems, sooooooooo....in spite of having these Motherly feelings... you sometimes have to do the Hard Love
          thing..... she has never starved.. she has warm clothes to wear ,and a Car... ( this is a very ,concerned about YOU, Aunt... love Kathy but love you more.

Hi Elaine, Pat. ,
          Wish Mickie would check in
          Hi Justy.

~~~~Paula...

must get moving .. D. is prancing the hall like a caged tiger. agggg
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday the sun struggled for a while to shine & finally by mid-afternoon it was gorgeous....finally.

​Well yesterday was pretty good, though my energy level was low. I got my 2 pies delivered and had a nice chat with the owners of the farm stand. We agreed we were a good match together. We had fun. I bought a bushel of the imperfect honey crisps....YUM!!! Played cards at my SIL's MOm's last night...had a good time. Came home & called Becca. She took the news MUCH BETTER than I expected. She didn't add to my stress.

This morning I have a mammo appt. Will grocery shop before that. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Have to bake the cupcakes for tomorrow's order & probably make the filling for a pie order I have for tomorrow also. Laundry is always waiting.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Have the laundry done. Then have been doing bookwork. Fluid is building from the sitting. So that means I will be hitting the bed to get the feet up. (Catch up on more old westerns that I had missed years ago.)

Hi Maye................

Comment

Good morning, friends!
                Well, I managed to sleep til 7 this morning. Still feel tired, but know I won't go back to sleep.
                Our temps yesterday were at 90°, but today should be 83° with 20% chance of rain and tomorrow will be in the 70's with more chance of rain. It'll get back to the 80's in a few days, but I see no 90's forecasted. I like this!
                Feet are still swollen, feeling tingly but not numb. Guess I'll leave a note with my doctor. Our niece thinks I'm going to fall and break a hip or something.

Yesterday we had dinner with nephew & niece (before going to the Gaslight). Longhorn steak house.
                Good food, service not so great despite good intentions. Niece's steak dinner was cold before they got it right. We got a discount off our bill for that.
                If you like Harry Potter, the play was good and very funny. (E hates science fiction and hearing scientific things that are totally inaccurate.) The 3-act show is followed by an Olio....and this time it is the Muppet Show (actors dressed as the various muppets, including our 3-person band) which was very funny, and even gave us Miss Piggy in the very last segment of it. Oh, I'd really like to take you all there for a few hours of fun!

Well, it's time for my cuppa tea and get today planned.
                Have a wonderful day! 😄
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I did not sleep well last night but made up for it this morning, 10:30...wow...I hate sleeping that late. I need to run home to do some banking and Drew will be here after school. I do believe we are grilling this evening and see bags on the table so Jon must have shopped after work last evening. Nothing going on here but another cold morning. Some neighbor is hammering but no dogs barking. Did laundry yesterday and after the banking run may sit and do nothing the rest of the day. Finished a book Saturday night and that has put me in the mood to read. Maybe rummage through a box and see what I have stashed. Happy Monday to all.

Comment

Oh, happy day! Wi-fi is operating and I feel connected again. One friend said she called AT&T and got a 10.00 credit to her bill. Having to use data may have effected my bill and I will call in a bit...for the stress of it they need to credit me!
                    It was Monster trucks weekend here. Lots of noise in the evening. The fairgrounds is about 3 1/2 miles away ( all the way across town!) and usually we don't hear anything from that side of town. But minus the normal weekday noises that Loud noise carries all the way. It sounds a bit like thunder and had the dogs cowering.
                    Donna, it might be good to have a family counsel when Kathy gets there. Establish the rules of the house and the responsibilities of the people in the house. Choice and Accountability. ,as parents I think we need to allow adult children to be adults but living within the standards of our behavior. Meaning, we all work to maintain the house, we all contribute something ( if not money, Time), and we all have consequences of our behavior. A daily routine of when the people in the house get up can be one simple way to help establish rules. School days could be so much easier on you if Kathy helps.
                    These are just my ideas and are things that have helped me. Prayers for your family!
                    I have been inwardly complaining ( and maybe vocally) that my weight loss has been too slow. I had a thought this weekend that brought it in to,perspective for me. I remembered quite awhile ago thinking, If I lose 30 pounds I will be successful. Not finished, but successful at changing my eating habits. I am at that place! I know I am an emotional eater. And all that childcare dad stress last week made me realize I could actually get through without mindless eating. I am not saying that struggle is behind me, but I am finding some emotional muscles!
                    I better get going. The kids have been gluing autumn leaves I had ready for them. It is difficult to teach Fall here. Our trees are still green. I take pictures of trees around town as soon as they start turning. The drought is making them fall though...
                    Have a good Monday!

Comment

Aloha all!

Had a little rain yesterday and last night. Needed it.

Waiting for an important email to come in. Seems they take forever sometimes to do that.

Have a good day all!

Comment

I have been on the phone trying to get the lymphedema pumps that I need and having no success at all. Insurance really stinks! I am grateful that all of my friends and loved ones seem to have weathered the storm very well. Some have damage to property, but no one has lost life or limb! Columbia has a lot of places that don't have any water and they're asking for donations of bottled water. Our Public Safety Department and Sheriff's Department are assisting in the collection of the water. The news is saying that Aiken had a lot more damage than I realized. I know there were a lot of trees uprooted in downtown Aiken, and some of the local ponds flooded, but there apparently is more flooding in the area that I knew we had.
                        I went to O'Charley's for lunch yesterday and got their prime rib. I always order the big one so that I can take it some home. I have had prime rib sandwiches with two meals and they were great! I was so good, I didn't order their apple pie. It is to die for, but like I said, I was being good! That doesn't happen very often. lol
                        "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

read all of your post...

Justy.. so glad to hear from you.... Hrhouse ask in her new if "we cared" .. and we sure do.. thats why I keep fretting that Mickie has not been in... if you pop in just every so often.. then we know thats your routine... Mickie was an every morning poster. and has been away ... too long..

Nalani.. ~~~~~.

Paula , good advice to Donna.... ( I live close enough to her now,, I think I will just threaten Kathy with physical harm. from me.........would boxing her ears off be considered corporal punishment?.. , yes , I am very protective of Donna..
                          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                          X