SUNNY MONDAY June 22, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUNNY MONDAY June 22, 2015

Good SUNNY Morning! That's a first in a long time. Yesterday the sun would shine for a little then the clouds would roll back in & dump some more rain. I'm hoping it stays nice all day & maybe, just maybe Dave will come over & get us started on getting that pool ready to use. It's still green from lack of chemicals.

Yesterday wasn't super productive, but we got some important stuff done. One being getting my desk & computer set up and working. I did empty several more boxes. Around 3pm the communications company guy arrived. He was so nice, very good, and very patient. He was here over 90 minutes. WOW! One of the reasons I wanted my computer all set up was so he could hook up the internet for it, which he did. I told him the WIFI kept cutting out & wouldn't even work out in Becca's room. She uses her iPhone all the time & then uses up data time when it doesn't hook up to the WIFI here. It took him a while to get it to work, but he installed a booster out there...for free! He also got the TV back to working. The original box had died after only a few hours. He didn't leave until almost 4:30, but he got us up and running. Good guy! We then took Corky out for dinner to celebrate Father's Day....another good guy!

Not sure what all I'll get into today. I had Corky bring up a bunch of the "KITCHEN" boxes and I want to get those emptied out. Becca is on her way to Cleveland to visit a couple friends for the day. One being a MAN (can I say boy?) that she's been talking with. She met him at a coffee shop while studying. He was doing his weekend thing for the Army Reserve and came in. They struck up a conversation and have been talking ever since. Hmmm. Corky's back to work. It was sure nice having him around the last 3 days. He may not like working 4/10's , but I like the 3 days off he gets. So it's just Blaise & me for the day.

I'd also like to get some much needed paperwork done. Get him enrolled in school. Go get his medical card packet to fill out. Make a couple phone calls. Need to get some of the payments coming directly out of my old checking account switched over to the new one. Plenty to do, just not enough hours or energy. I did get most of my magazine addresses changed via internet...nice! Corky's first paycheck FINALLY reached us from the old OH address. That's helpful.

It was wonderful to see you posting Val!!!! You'll have to catch everyone up on what's been going on in your life. Not everyone has FB. It's been good to see Justy & Maxie lately too! Now if we could get a few more back to posting.

Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 06-22-2015, 06:36 AM.

Good morning cookielady and all to come.

Comment

Morning....Up early I have some things to pic up in my place my dad is coming today get my table and chairs....He wants to move it now...one less thing that we have to move later on .....I meet with the people that run the training program I am going to be a part of in MO a week from today....I need to get totes and that kind of thing to begin the packing process......its getting real...I am excited. I also go to see the new space I will be living in on Sunday when we get to the house....I am crazy excited for that.

Off to the doctor this morning then to work....tonight is dinner at my parents for my cousin and his wife...I made a peach cobbler I hope it taste as good as it looks and smells.

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone.

Not sunny here. More rain, but that is OK.

Hi Donna! hi beth! Hi Justy!

Think I'll go over to the church and work a bit this morning. We need a cleaning crew, but we don't have one. Guess I'll just do what I can by myself.

Hope everyone has a very nice day.

Comment

Good Morning, already hot here.

Elaine,church I went to would set a date and post for volunteers, we ladies that could make it would pitch in and clean that day, kind of a clean, talk, laugh day, gave us all the chance to get together, get the church cleaned and have a bit of fun.

Comment

Good Morning one and all...such a nice weekend, tried staying off the computers, Ipads, etc. as much and spending it totally with the hubby, so we did a lot of things together..he seems so stressed lately from the place he works, I see it on him when he comes home and at home, so thought I would just try and take the time to make him laugh, help him around this place, etc. He wanted me to go swimming with him in our pool, the temp of the water was 82 degrees, would have like it a little warmer but didn't want to disappoint him so I got in, it was a might chilly but after awhile it was enjoyable. After drying off and getting dressed, his choice of a Father's Day place to eat was Wendy's, so that is where we went...I baked a pineapple upside down cake in my large cast iron skillet, delicious...nice way to end the day.
            It is already very humid outside, so I think I will be doing some dusting and cleaning inside, also need to make a grocery store run...we went to Big Lots on Sat. and I got a lot of things for the camper and also beach towels for here at home.
            Got to go through some of my recipes and try and figure out a few menus before I hit the grocery store...think tonights dinner will be spaghetti, garlic toast and salad.
            I went back and read Sat. & Sun. post, so nice to see others coming back, Punkin, you just post as often as you can, love your sense of humor even in the face of so much adversity, so glad you have you church for support. Would love to see Kelly come back she was always a breath of fresh air, and yes, Kazibeth always so interesting, would love to see if she had completed the remodel of her home, it was so beautiful.
            Well time to get this day started, sending love, hugs and the best of wishes for a good day to all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning

like Donna,,, celebrate the sunshine this morning ...

I have a list half- mile long and will be heading for town shortly... no lessons at all today... (and I have cancelled them all for the time Michaels will be here..). will make myself take it slow and easy.. when I get home from that trip .. will un pack car and then head for library, a drop in quicky visit with a friend in same little town and hopefully pop in on Donna for a few minutes..

Justy... that is exactly the message we like to see!... a quick hello that you are well, and thinking of us ... some of us like to write "books".. and I like that too....... hey Maxie, did you read that ..
              Punkin/Val.... hope you show up today... or I will come looking for you....
              Boff./Sharon ,, do you need a Nag this morning .
              Bethina... you are going to be moving !.. and you sound excited today... great
              Jostoy . we need a quick hello from you too.. are you working on house?

Mickie. hope all is well at your house.. Prayers for Marianne.

Fathers day was good for David , heard from all 4 kids.. and went out for late dessert in the evening with Karens ..

better get the house looking tidy.. and then get on the road... see you all later .

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Well I got this place as picked up as its gonna get for my dad to come get my table and chairs...I hope there is work at work today...there should be...I will take some pics of my space next week and see about getting them posted..the little house is super cute and my parents gutted the entire thing from top to bottom and re did it exactly as they wanted it. I love it though as mom and I have some of the same taste...the only thing I don't care for is the stove its flat top electric and I don't like that all the appliances are stainless

Comment

Good morning. Sunny and going to be hot. Nothing new in that.
                  In this drought and water schedule I noticed tha tmy tree out front is dropping leaves and starting to dry up.. I am now watering it more and sneaking water to it. I just leave the hose at the base of it and have the water on for a little every day. It is a white birch and they need water. It is right in front of my bedroom and I would hate to lose it and really hate it if came down on my roof!\
                  Yesterday was good here. We grilled chicken thighs and they turned out perfectly!
                  Hope you all have a great day. Bethina, it will be fun to see your new space! enjoy every minute of all this. And to get a completely new inside is such a great thing!
                  See you later!

Comment

Good morning... ☀️

I slept in a bit longer than usual today. Today the high temp should be down, 106°. The forecasts show the heat on a slow downward trend, and some monsoon rain starting next weekend. Hope that won't change.

Today E wants to go to that mall across town, and then stop at a Verizon store to hook up my new phone, and maybe get a big power squirt gun for chasing birds off with. There's a bit of "little boy" in men that never goes away, I think.
                    (Tomorrow I get a much needed haircut, take some goof-off time, maybe shop a bit.)

Beth, you'll have to spend a little time every day to keep the house picked up, to keep it clean. It's a bit more work than an apartment. Some people like to do a different room each day. Hope you'll enjoy your new home.
                    Cookie, your new place sounds so nice. You're still busy as two bees, though.
                    Maye, I don't mean to write books --- it just seems to happen.
                    ➡️ Sharon, I have an article to send you about an aid in handling Crohn's. I need your current address, though.

To all, have a wonderful day.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Oh...today is the SUMMER SOLSTICE ........ and the longest day of the year.
                      (More info on that in the SOI forum, Special Days...)
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning all

Well we survived the annual pig roast weekend. But so tired we were asleep by 8:30 last night.

Today it's back on the hamster wheel.

Y'all have a good 'un!
                        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

You want me to write a book? I could! But the word for the week is positive. Yesterday morning Scott text and ask if I was up and dressed, he in Sikeston MO, sold the huge tv cabinet in my garage to a woman cross town from me. That thing has been in my way since they hauled it in from the shed. One more thing gone! Jon called and said he has lined up a strong backed kid whose mother said he would love to help me move when the time came. Maybe there is something to this positive stuff. The sun is shining and it is going to be hot with no rain for 24 hours. This morning I am going to pick up the mail, make a couple of appointments and work on trying to print some pictures from the swimming with the dolphins disc. We got them to print but it left a huge border on one side. Must be a simple fix but sometimes simple is the hardest to figure out. Plus how to get them onto FB. No matter how long I live in this computer world I will never figure it out. Guess that is why I was given grandchildren....to guide me through the maze of technology. Better get going but first another cup of coffee. Some days it just tastes so good!

Comment

Maxi .Love your "books"... so I'm to think positive today huh?.. ok... think I will leave the house now.. and go to the quiet of the Library.. Positively stop and see Donna... yes. .I love this positive stuff... ...

shop Aldis and walmart.. and got lots of groceries.. ( so DIL can cook if she wants to.tee hee)... went to sears and took out the 5yr repair warranty on my new washing machine... it includes a yearly checkup on the washer if I choose..so feel I will get my money's worth..

Sharon, you win the "wife of the Month" award!.... what a great day you spent with your hubby..
                            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Aloha all!

I miss Kazi too. I had visited her years ago and was fascinated with the 450 (I think it was ) year home she and her husband were modernizing. She showed me around her area too. It was a wonderful visit with she, her husband and her dog William. I still have a little model of a cottage she gave me. Wish she'd post again. And Lisa too, but think Lisa is on facebook.

Need to go to the grocery store and get something for my breakfast tomorrow morning as I have an early appointment with a new doctor. May also get new license plates for my car.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                              X