Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday mar 12

good morning

where is everybody?... I feel like I have lost a whole family ..

be back when someone else has posted
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

I am here! I have the day off today its supposed to be beautiful....I have physical therapy for my knee this morning....then I am meeting some friends at Crackerbarrel in Mount Vernon this evening. I am also to hit up a couple of my favorite thrift stores...

Comment

Good Morning, nothing new around here. Most of the yucky snow piles are gone, this morning we have frost. Gus had been staying inside for most of the winter, she would go to the door feel the cold air and walk away, but the last couple of days she has wanted out.

Guess Karliann is busy with her new job and gardening, notice she hasn't checked in for awhile.

Comment

Hi Everyone.

I was here about 4:30, but I decided to wait until someone started the thread. Haven't been many folks around lately.

Our trip yesterday lasted 8 hours. Nancy decided to stop and get eyeglasses for Sonny and then go to WM. I could barely wiggle when I got home, and I think I have a hangover from the day.

Bunco tonight and then I get tomorrow off. Yay!

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Lovin' it!!!!

I enjoyed yesterday. The morning flew by and I can't even say I accomplished anything. Took Blaise to school, then onto the gym, and came home & went to my neighbor Amy's for lunch and a nice visit. Becca was gone by the time I got home. She went out for a late lunch with Kathy and her friend Megan. She didn't get home until 7pm. Corky hasn't been feeling 100% & requested chicken rice soup, so that's what we had for dinner...and nothing else.

Not sure what today will bring. Nothing planned except taking Blaise to school & going to the gym. Oh...there is a program at the school tonight at 6pm...some nature place coming in. I signed us up to go. There is also a Kindergarten fair at the school, but since I don't plan to be here for Blaise to go, we aren't attending it. We are moving one way or another.

Have a good one all!

Comment

I'm here too. Just MAJOR difficulty getting Erin up and out the door this morning. She's feeling much better - just very ornery.

And so you all can see what our beaches are like during Spring Break - here's a pic:

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning.
              Nothing much new around here. Weather is nice, about 80°+ throughout the weekend. Staying busy.
              The weather news says the NE should be getting another cold blast this weekend...I hope not. I'd like decent weather when take our trip later this month. "Warm" clothing purchased here is not warm for cold areas.

Well, I'll just wish everyone a very good day. ~~~~~~~~
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Jon ask me to pick up a birthday gift for a one year old so I am off to Kohl's this morning. I didn't fall asleep until 4 AM then up at 7 AM so I see a lazy afternoon in my future. This is the type of day I like anyway...preseason baseball game on tv this afternoon and hockey this evening. Yesterday I emptied the drawers of Sierra's bedroom furniture and will start to seriously look for a truck so we can move it to her dads. Need to get a tote to put some of the towels and sheets into. Guess like cookie I will start stacking totes and boxes in the garage. The thought of packing up this house is just so depressing even though I did get rid of so much when I moved here. Picking up the furniture is easy..it is emptying drawers and closets! But before I do that I have to talk to the realtor. Haven't found curtains I like for Drew's room....I am just full if indecision. My ears popped this morning and when I turned on the tv almost jumped out of the chair. Must be how people feel when they turn on their hearing aids!

Comment

Wow, Pat! That picture makes me a little nauseous, or however you spell it. Just thinking of that crowd...And the noise.
                  It is a quiet, dark morning here. I have listened to too much news and just turned the tv off after listening to the weather. We didn't get even an inch of rain yesterday.
                  Donna, your soup sounds good. Hope you have another good day.
                  Jo, one time we went to Rhode Island for Christmas with my family. We all had our CA coats and jackets and my dad took one look and sent us shopping for "warm coats." After we got back home I barely wore that coat. Mitchell was too warm for here, but anytime a friend was going East, they knew who to borrow a coat from!
                  Hope all goes well with y'all, as Pat says. Love and luck to everyone!

Comment

Good heavens, Pat! That looks like a rebellious political gathering, with all those flags. So many people on the beach.
                    I've read that spring break also means lots of alcohol and an extreme naked look with the scanty beachwear.

What I saw on campus this week, shorts cut like French-cut underpants, with lace trim, and another girl with what looked like a thong and 3" ruffle for a "skirt". Made the skin-tight leggings look like decent clothes. Would love to get some pics of these kids to send to their parents. Well, it's spring, and the hormones have become monsters away from home.

Scary! 😱
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

The flags are from the fraternities and sororities from universities. And just think - next week is Georgia and Alabama - it will only be WORSE.
                      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

It doesn't look like there's enough room there to get worse. Is sleeping on the beaches allowed, or are there hours posted for opening and closing times? I know the hours are posted in CA. San Diego also has a paved walkway between the beach and the real world, where people/families can do their morning walks, skating, and bicycling.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good morning all!

Wow, what a crowd, Pat.

Maxie, you are moving? I didn't know that. I am moving too but very slowly. Can't do what I used to anymore. Did take a bedspread and a knitted throw I had made years ago to the car this morning and some boxes to be shredded. Having the spread and throw sent to a granddaughter and the boxes will be shredded on Saturday. Lucky they have carts here to use for such things. Anyway don't over do.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Yes Nalani, I am moving but not until I sell my house and I need to talk to a realtor to start that process. Sierra graduates from high school in May and she is moving in with her dad...she hasn't lived with him since she was a baby. It would put me closer to Drew and more active in his life...so yes I am moving. I just have to get my brain moving in the right direction and decide if I want a place of my own or move with Jon like he and the kids are pushing. He has been remodeling his house and he and the kids call the last bedroom to be done grandmas. I have developed a few antisocial quirks so am I even family material? What I need is someone to come in, make the decision, pack the place up, push me out the door and set me down where I am meant to be.

Comment

Maxie, when Ellis' mother came to visit us, we gave her a room to herself, just off the kitchen. (We lived in 2 homes with this feature, and it was perfect for mother-in-laws or guests.). Her room had its own private half-bath, a bed, dresser, a small table, and a rocking chair. We could add anything else she needed. She thanked us for that room, because it had all the privacy she needed, she could use the kitchen at will. If she felt grumpy, she could stay in her room and read or knit or just rest. Like a small apartment.

The reason she liked the privacy was that she didn't have to walk down a long hall, and be laughed at by family who noticed her incontence or other problems caused by aging. And she also had a feeling of independence, to be with family or not. No questions asked. No feeling guilty or pressed in where she didn't feel like it.

You can see if Drew can work out something like that, and it could be cost effective for you. Just a thought.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X