Trivia questions/answers about Pres. Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivia questions/answers about Pres. Obama

👨🏾 On November 4, 2008, Barack Obama became the first African-American president of the United States. Today you are invited to honor that anniversary and see how you do on these four questions about our 44th President..

✅ What Dessert Does Obama Not Like Due to a Job He Had as a Kid?

We can all agree that ice cream is the most amazing food on the planet.
    But not everyone loves it. President Obama's first summer job was working behind the counter at a Honolulu Baskin-Robbins. While there, he did what any kid would: he ate a ton of ice cream. So much in fact that he no longer likes the taste of it. It's too bad because that means he probably hasn't tried the peanut-nougat flavor the iconic shop created in his honor: Whirl of Change.

✅ What Did Obama Call "The Most Unique Gift I've Received as President?"

Darwin in the Northern Territory, Australia is famous for its crocodiles. So famous in fact that while Obama was visiting, the Northern Territory Chief Minister gave the president a $50,000 insurance policy covering crocodile attacks as a gift. Obama called it "the most unique gift I've received as president." And keep in mind, when you're president, you receive a lot of weird stuff. Meanwhile, the president might need it. As he was quick to point out, "I have to admit when we reformed health care in America, crocodile insurance is one thing we left out."

✅ At the 2008 Grammys, Obama Beat Out What Two Other Presidents for the Win?

Sure the Nobel Peace Prize is nice, but the really cool hardware on Obama's mantelpiece has got to be the two Grammys. He won for Best Spoken Word Album in 2006 for the audio book of "Dreams from My Father," and in 2008 for "The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream." In the process, he beat out two other notable nominees: Jimmy Carter (for "Sunday Morning in Plains: Bringing Peace to a Changing World") and Bill Clinton (for "Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World"). Don't feel too bad for those guys though, both of them already had Grammys of their own. Clinton, Obama and Carter are the only three presidents to win the award. Though if Hillary Clinton wins the White House, she'll make four. She won back in 1997 for "It Takes a Village."

✅ While at Harvard, Barack Obama Was Rejected From Being Photographed for What?

While at Harvard, Obama was rejected for a slot in an all-black pinup calendar. Though we should clarify that this isn't your typical calendar full of shirtless buff dudes. Instead, it was meant to serve as a counterpoint to all the negative images in the media of black men. As the student who started it, Troy Chapman, explained, "I just got tired of hearing about how one out of every four black males is in prison or on parole. Amidst all the negativity, the wilding, there are a lot of us who are doing something worthwhile, but you don't hear much about it." Of course, while he didn't get the calendar slot, Obama still went on to be just the kind of role model Chapman had in mind.

✨✨✨
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.
Working...
X