Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday

I started to post this but lost all but the letter "a". Now I'll try again.

DD Joyce had foot surgery so Lily and I went along as I had no puppy sitter available. I got Joyce signed in and went to visit a friend who loves about 15 miles away. Several hours later I started back to the surgery center and about half way back my car started to overheat. I turned off the A/C and got back into town but couldn't get the hood open to add water. It was 108º by then so I went back to Center.
    She wasn't quite ready but the nurse let me bring Lily in so we could cool off. Poor doglet was so overheated that she just lay on the cool tile floor and panted.. They brought us water, too.
    By the time Joyce was ready to go the car was cooled off enough to drive to a station so we get some help. Neither of the men at the station cold get the hood open.
    We decided to try to get it home even the I was doubtful about doing it but would baby it all the way. That worked pretty well until I got half the way up the long grade and I didn't dare go any farther. It was boiling and I was afraid I would blow a head gasket. Luck enough to find a rather shady spot to pull into.
    I called local State Farm and she was very and told me to call dispatch at the 800 number. It was in GEORGIA it took me about 15 minutes to get her sorted out while she was looking on her map. They wanted my cell phone number so they could locate me but it doesn't work for me as I use a Tracphone from Walmart.
    She finally got it sorted out and sent the truck for us.
    A while later it was cool enough to to move the car to a shadier spot which was a tinier bit better and waited. It took nearly 45 and we were out of water by then.
    Driver had me move to a spot with better clearance and immediately put us int the cab with the A/C. What a relief!
    Called my sis to pick us up at the mechanics.
    What a day. Hottest day of the the year. Cooled a lot in the last couple of days and even sprinkled a little early this AM.

I am so happy that you got home safely so that you could post this. With temps that high, you were really lucky that it wasn't worse. I think the people who let Lily come in and cool off.

I hope Joyce is doing well after her surgery!
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

What a terrible experience! But it sounds like when all is said and done, you got throughout very well. In that heat, you sure were lucky!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
      X