Not quite a rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quite a rant...

But, I find it interesting, in an irritating way, when I see pictures of big money items from people who let me believe they needed a break with their childcare expense.
    One parent just posted a picture of a large travel trailer her husband just surprised her with and another just posted a picture of the tattoo she is going to get.
    So glad I did not say I would cut her price. Somehow, people find the money to pay for what they Want!

Paula this is now what is called "Ghetto Fabulous" Judge Mathis calls people on this all the time. "Can't pay your bills but can afford ___________"

Many years ago a woman came to an organization I belonged to with the sob story that she had to come up with something like $400 before the rural gas company would fill her tank and since her stove and hot water heater were both gas she couldn't be without, she also had a small child. Emergency meeting was called vote taken those who could added to what the club could give ect. 2 days later one of the ladies was at Bingo and guess who was there playing 10 cards and drinking mixed drinks. Needless to say next time she came for "help" we were broke and couldn't help her.

Comment

This type of thing has gotten to me for a long time. I never thought I was prejudice until I started working at the hospital. That's when I was introduced to those on welfare. Some how they could afford their cigs, booze, & tats, but not the everyday essentials life soap, deoderant, & laundry soap. They beelined for the phones to announce to the world that they were at the ER and then headed to the junk/candy & pop machines. I don't mind helping those in need, but they need to help themselves too. I no longer think we should be giving away turkeys & hams at holidays...most don't have the means, knowledge, or gumption to make the meals. We'd be further ahead to cook the meal & serve it.

Comment

Working...
      X