Why do they make it so hard!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do they make it so hard!!!

We have a DVR for the kids when we travel. Last year when I traded in my old car the remote was left in the backseat. i know it was...I saw it back there after I took the DVR player down when we got home from vacation but never bothered to pick it up. This year while cleaning out closets I kept the DVR player out since we will be traveling again in a couple of months and I knew where it was. So now to replace the remote. I have all the numbers and get on line to search for RCA and a replacement remote. I went here and there and everywhere and finally took to the phone. I have been to India, twice, Canada, been on hold for 30 minutes put up with very poor English and I have gotten no where. The one place in India wanted 36.00 plus shipping and I hung up. Back to the phones and this person is beginning to feel like a total incompetent. Finally after being on hold for 20 minutes I get a woman in Canada. What a, well never mind what I was going to say, but I finally called her on her attitude thinking I will never get this darn remote now that I told her I was the customer spending money with her company and I could and would match her mood. Can you believe she got snippy back so we had two 'miserable women' on the phone but I have my remote coming for 1/2 the price of the guy in India. I have wasted this entire morning on a stupid remote that I should have picked up out of the backseat when I first saw it there last summer. Now I need a couple of tylenol...

Maxie, could you not have taken the info to a store and looked at Universal Remotes? On the back of the packages they have a list of all gadgets that each remote can be programed for, maybe a thought if you ever need to replace one again.

Comment

I know exactly how you feel, Maxie. WR has been trying to find a cable for one of our Poulan riding mowers. When we found the part listed on their Web page....we called to order it. "That part is no longer available" we're told. It's a main cable, for crying out loud......how can you fix your damned mower without that part ? So now we have to keep looking for somewhere that services Poulan products "locally" so we can look them in the face when they tell us what to do with their POS equipment.
      There is a difference between giving up and knowing when you've had enough......

Comment

http://www.repairclinic.com We use this site a lot.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
        X