OMG! What I saw this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! What I saw this morning.

I don't know if this a rant or what but it is bothering me. This morning I had to pick Sierra up for school and I saw a little girl, don't ask me her age because I just don't judge that very well anymore. She had her dad's jacket on walking to school. The jacket had a name tag on its chest and hung past her knees which is where the sleeves hung down to. I try not to look out mornings because of the sights I see but this I had to drive by. How can a politician tell us that the poor are poor because they want to be poor or are just to lazy to get a job when you see a little girl like that? It was just after 7:00 so she was probably heading in to get the school breakfast. I am so sick of these jacka** politicians that are going to save the country by cutting food stamps, unemployment benefits and aid to the poor. This is an election year and the money spent on lying to us in political ads could buy a lot of coats for poor kids. I am not being political just disturbed by a sight I saw this morning. That girl has a hard road to travel and she is just a little kid.

Maxie I agree totally...when I know if the politicians really wanted to they could give up so much to help financially in USA. I don't think any of them should have any more privileges, insurance, retirement, etc. than any other citizen, they chose to be in politics, why should they get all the perks for doing it..NO CHILD should ever have to go hungry or be without proper clothing, housing, etc. People are out of work and the workforce does not have the openings for those that have hit on hard times because they lost their jobs or were downsized. What I do get really upset with is the ones that are on welfare, food stamps, gov. assistance that go out and party or screw around having babies instead of working and we pay for that.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Hope her teacher saw the jacket and can help. At Gary's school the secretaries would give out the "lost and found" jackets from the previous year as needed.
      Makes me sad just thinking about that little girl...Maxie, if you find out anything....

Comment

boffler, and the thing is that so many that are on and doing the whole party thing, are lying through their teeth to be on it. The food stamp cards were supposed to stop people from selling their stamps, but how many times have I had someone offer to pay for my groceries if I would give them 1/2 the amount in cash. There are some of the gas stations up here that will allow people to buy cigarettes with the stamps (they ring them up as a food item) and yes they have been caught doing it and will stop for a little while and then are right back at it. Then there is a bar up here that was taking food stamps for booze, got busted with cards and pin numbers in the register and guess money speaks because they are still open for business.

Comment

There is a lot of greed in this world. People lining their pockets with ill-gotten gains. There are some people who do help the poor, though --- through their businesses or out of their own pockets. But not enough of them. Some schools (not many) will collect good, outgrown kids' clothes, which will make it to the needier kids in that school.
          My daughter and her daughter devote 1 or 2 days a month to a community service. In August the needy kids in the district go there and get backpacks with school supplies, athletic shoes, socks, jackets, and maybe an outfit or two. DD measured kids' feet to be sure the shoes had "growing room".
          Raytheon employees donated new coats and underwear, and I don't know what else; then holiday time we'd also donate an entire outfit for the children in families chosen, plus a toy on their wish list, and something for the moms & dads, too. E often took leftover families from the "angel tree" that nobody else took, and fulfilled their wishes, too.
          The drawback is that I doubt everyone was so needy, and were "takers"; but greed often goes both ways.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Jo you are so right. My youngest daughter asked me one time why I had ratty underware, well it was because the kids came first and they always had good underware, warm coats, hats, ect. Nothing special with it just doing what Moms are supposed to do. Any how, I was wearing a very old winter coat that had ripped and I had repaired the best I could, when we moved to a very small town. There wasn't a bus service so I had to take the kids to school and pick them up, wasn't far so if it wasn't real bad would put the little one in the stroller and walk. One day the secretary asked me to step into the office and handed me a almost new heavy coat that "someone had donated" I cried all the way home.

I know someone up here who applies for and gets everything that is offered. One of the reasons is that she claims they pay $500 rent which they haven't in years. If one of these places were to ever call the "landlords phone number" they would figure it out, as it is her cell phone number, which is paid through the government , and she puts down that she doesn't have. If it weren't for the fact that if she were turned in she would know it was Kenny or I did it I would make a phone call. We don't need that kind of trouble, last person who crossed her, or that she thought had crossed her had their car catch on fire. She has some rather unsavory people who hang out around her house.

Comment

Working...
            X