• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There should be a law against.....

ads like this:
    ---------------

DEATH NOTICE

We would like to express our deepest sorrow for the untimely death of your beloved
    friend and inform you about the life service celebration that will take place at
    Hubbell Funeral Home on February 13, 2014 at 2:00 p.m.

Please follow this link to get funeral invitation.
    Please be there to honor the memory of your friend with her closest people.

Our best wishes and prayers,
    Ethan Lucas,
    Funeral home assistant
    --------------------------------

I no longer have family living down there. And I sure as heck don't want to think it might be Pat!
    They don't mention who, in any case.
    I found the place online, but it looks like they're just trying to get you to buy into the business.
    This definitely will go to SPAM at the government site, when I finish typing here.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Appalling.

Comment

Jo is there a number or anything that you can contact the place it's self and tell them how inappropriate you feel this is?? And ask them how they got your address? Have you sent flowers or signed an on-line guest book? If so I would complain to them too about selling your name.

Comment

I have not been to any funerals in years, and never in FL. So, no, I've signed no guest books either. I've sent flowers only to MI and locally, but not recently. I sent the email to the SPAM address of the government, with my complaint.

Besides Pat, the only other people I know in FL is my daughter's ex-husband and his family. Now, her ex is a piece of work, and could qualify as a candidate for the Funny Farm. He is in the reserves, and uses that means to do his duty in AZ. I'm sure he took time to stalk her family; he also sent us a postcard from the base here to let us know he knows where we are, too. He doesn't intimidate us, though. When his daughters were babies, the guy and my DD were separated, and she took her girls to a psychiatrist because of the after effects of visiting him. There was something about "child (possible sexual) abuse, and he was forbidden contact unless he paid a CPS worker to supervise visits. Expensive, so he didn't visit. But he did stalk. I wonder if he could have somehow gotten my email info for this?
        I have had to contact the postal inspector general regarding mail tampering; at which point his father suddenly retired from his postmaster position in order to stay out of his son's nasty business. I could make quite a list of DD's Ex's abnormal activities that you wouldn't believe.
        Why would he bother anyone after all these years? Because he can. The illusion of power over others.
        But proving this stuff is not easy.

Anyway, he's the only probable link in FL. The only other thing I can think of is various web-linked places selling the info.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Did you perhaps sign the on-line guest book for Pat's Mother?

Comment

Nope. I gave Pat my condolences here at the RT.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

my not be the x son in law at all, seems there is a new scam going around

Comment

Oh, gee whiz! Good thing I don't open links on suspicious emails. Still, going to the funeral home via the internet didn't result in any warning, either.
                I hope the government catches the perpetrator(s) and puts them away.

Thanks for the info.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Jo from what I was reading and heard on the news they are using legit funeral homes names just setting up fake links in the e-mails. I did notice some links to internet newspapers with notices from their local funeral homes letting people know about the scam and that they haven't sent out any e-mails so don't click on the links.

Comment

I never click on links in strange emails....ever! I close the email and check what I can on the Internet.
                    I found nothing on it myself. Thanks so much for the updated info.
                    What internet newspapers do you subscribe to? I'd like to find 1 or 2 with unbiased news.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Jo, don't subscribe to any. I had caught part of the scam report on the news (WGN out of Chicago) and since I didn't catch it all I googled it and found links. The only newpapers I do look at on-line are the 2 local ones and my hometown paper which are all free and just local news.

Comment

OK, thanks a bunch.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                        X