When do they grow up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do they grow up?

My eldest daughter, Joy lives with me. She has always had a bad temper but yesterday she outdid herself. Snapping and snarling and just being b****y.
    I wish I could have sent her to her room for an attitude adjustment.. Can't do that when they're 59 years old.

Should have named her Misery.

BarbCA, don't you have a rolling pin? (also known as an attitude adjuster)
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

I hear you! One of the reasons I needed a place to speak my mind away from watchful eyes.

Comment

Sometimes you think, thank God, they're doing well, and then they act in a way to completely and totally disappoint you.

Comment

Sorry that you both have to deal with that Barb. I know it's so hard on you.

Comment

Barb, sorry you have to deal with it. But seems that every adult child that lives with a parent goes through that sort of thing.

Comment

I too am sorry you have to deal with that Barb. You need a vacation.

Comment

Actually I will be very glad when an apartment comes vacant and we can go our separate ways. She has a place to go when we leave here but we just have to wait.
                When she came to stay I thought she would do her usual find a boyfriend and go with him. For once it never happened so she has been here 10 years.
                I realize her physical and mental problems are severe but I think she could at least be civil.
                It would help if we could just talk but when it gets to that point she doesn't want to do that until I start yelling and demand she listen. Sometimes it actually works but I'm not a fighter and can't carry a grudge in my life.
                Last edited by BarbCA; 10-17-2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I fully understand, Barb. Sometimes the best thing in a relationship is some distance.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

(((((BARB))))) I hope that apartment becomes available soon. I am so glad I no longer have a house to worry and take care of anymore. But I still have Buddy and Bim to worry about but at least I have my own space.

Comment

My kids don't live with me and I still have to put up with a lot of crap. I'm not sure that some kids ever grow up - they just grow old and the bad behavior grows old along with them. I know a little about what you're going through, Barb and I hate that you have to do that. You have to Be a great mom to put up with this for 10 years. People get angry with me for practicing toughlove, but there is no way that I could have either one of my kids living with me.
                      "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Val, I'm a firm believer in Tough Love......if the kids decide to be out of control (of themselves, not you), no sense in letting them run roughshod over you! BTDT!
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                        X