This really upsets me!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This really upsets me!!!!!

I'm on the verge of tears because I ranted at the people I got connected to rather than the ones who cause problems.
    I have a referral to 2 doctor clinics.
    This morning one called, the recording was going to fast before I could write down a number to call. But I didn't know who to call, because the CLINIC WAS NOT IDENTIFIED in any way!
    I did get a chance to push #5 to be connected with someone who could make that appointment.
    So I heard a click, a bloop, another click, and found myself connected to the hospital operator. Who do I want to be connected to? That did it. I don't know! They don't identify themselves there any more. Who's my PCP? That's where she connected me. The receptionist there had no idea .... I KNEW that! DUH! She offered to make both spots for me. But I told her I needed to calm down and get my calendar. So I'll make those calls myself. Another day.
    It just hit me totally wrong today.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

It all right..to calm down..

It happen to me all the time...If you can get the doctor name..And call them back..

If have too..To go in person..You will get the run around..On the phone..To take someone in charged..

They ask you that.....

They did to me dave the run around..I went down the hosptial..And talked the person in charged....That i would do.
    I hope this help you out..What they was wrong..They should give you the manager...Keep trying..
    I have those day too..

Comment

Jo. working with Drs.. and health problems is probably one of the most frustrating jobs.... so far,,, and crossing my fingers.. the new ride DAvid and I are on . the Doctors and staff have been great!.....hoping the hospital staff will be just as good.. hugs to you dear lady.
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Thank you.
        I just needed to cool down before dealing with those people again. I just don't like the innocent staff being in my line of fire, when I know they're doing their best.
        The last couple of hospitalization so I've had, I told the doctors to their faces (even with their students following them), that the service and care there was far better before they came one of the country's "magnet hospitals". I known when they're pushing me to say what they want to hear, and I'll say it's a moot point, and they are welcome to look at the results for themselves. If they keep pushing, I'll ask if they missed that part in their school training. They hate when the students start laughing.
        (That hospital title, "magnet" is supposed to make them tops around the country.)
        Right now, all of our top hospitals have been fined for being below par. It's true.

So tonight I'll take a sleep aid, and make my medical calls tomorrow. The office staffs will also get some fine suggestions.

Thanks for the hugs, Janet. I needed them.
        It sounds like you and David found him a good doctor and staff. I'm so glad for you.

Candy stripers can be good with proper supervision, but on their own they lack an awful lot of knowledge. The last one I had profusely apologized to me as I left for her lack of knowledge and abilities to give me proper assistance.......I know she was terribly embarrassed, but it was totally her supervisor's fault for not being there for the three days I was there.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I know they are "NEW'..And just come out school training..They should have some feeling..

And do that in private....I am glad that the office help you out ...
          That was nice they help out too..The Candy stripers..But they help...
          She did not to say..It was her fault......

Comment

something tells me SassyG.. has had her share of Hospitals and Doctors and very inexperienced help... I had to constantly tell the "help" to put on the non latex gloves when doing anything with me when I was in hospital.. and to keep my door almost closed. do not like the noise in the halls..I would have a problem sharing a room with someone who watches TV. except the now have ear receivers!..
            but for the Doctors to be "stupid" is unexcusable ...
            have a dear lady friend is lives in a resident home .she only has one son left in her family and after her stroke he could not help her. bathroom,,dressing etc.. so she lives in the senior home....but they all know she is there .and when they cross her "rules" she informs one and all
            She is paying big bucks for this. ****. little room..

and more hugs.. Jo

Comment

I have to remind myself constantly to just breath and calm down, I really don't like to get hostile with others, it is aggravating, but I also feel you get worse treatment if you 'complain' to loudly and they then want to spit in your eyeballs.. We are imperfect people and we live in an imperfect world. Sometimes it is better to just hang up and try again...point in reference...out of town in GA, trying to pay for something with my credit card, it is declined not once but twice, so then try my bank card, same thing, have a number to call, am told by both places that I have to answer a bunch of questions to prove who I am, and from now on when going out of town over 200 miles to let them know..okay why are we not told of this in a letter or something...so next time we go out of town we try and call, none of the options refer to this, we finally get someone and she says to us, "can you hold while I get my supervisor"? WHAT!! waited about 3 mins. then just hung up...aggravated, you bet, went directly to the bank when I got back in town..
              Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Originally posted by Mayebarnes View Post
                something tells me SassyG.. has had her share of Hospitals and Doctors and very inexperienced help... I had to constantly tell the "help" to put on the non latex gloves when doing anything with me when I was in hospital.. and to keep my door almost closed. do not like the noise in the halls..I would have a problem sharing a room with someone who watches TV. except the now have ear receivers!..
                but for the Doctors to be "stupid" is unexcusable ...
                have a dear lady friend is lives in a resident home .she only has one son left in her family and after her stroke he could not help her. bathroom,,dressing etc.. so she lives in the senior home....but they all know she is there .and when they cross her "rules" she informs one and all
                She is paying big bucks for this. ****. little room..

and more hugs.. Jo
                Maye,I had my share..sThey shouldknow matter what..I like my door open..I never had that much noise.I had few..In my day..lol...
                Sometime the should have feelings..Sometimes.
                That is not right..they shouls have someone there..Like Candy stripes..
                I heard that before..Money talk..

Comment

Originally posted by boffler View Post
                  I have to remind myself constantly to just breath and calm down, I really don't like to get hostile with others, it is aggravating, but I also feel you get worse treatment if you 'complain' to loudly and they then want to spit in your eyeballs.. We are imperfect people and we live in an imperfect world. Sometimes it is better to just hang up and try again...point in reference...out of town in GA, trying to pay for something with my credit card, it is declined not once but twice, so then try my bank card, same thing, have a number to call, am told by both places that I have to answer a bunch of questions to prove who I am, and from now on when going out of town over 200 miles to let them know..okay why are we not told of this in a letter or something...so next time we go out of town we try and call, none of the options refer to this, we finally get someone and she says to us, "can you hold while I get my supervisor"? WHAT!! waited about 3 mins. then just hung up...aggravated, you bet, went directly to the bank when I got back in town..
                  Boffler,You have to think about this..What is happen shoe on the other foot..That would do any good..
                  They would black ball you..The best thing is..Clam down..Have a cup of "HOT " Tea..And take break..And try again first thing in the morning.
                  They are gving you the run around.And putting you on hold..And that was there idea..
                  If i was you..Go to your bank in person..And see what is going on..Then go for there..Then you have proof..Black and white..
                  I hope this help..

Comment

• boffler
                    boffler commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I did go to the bank in person..did you see that I did take a breath and calm down? Shoe on other foot? That is their job to know what is going on!! I don't have patience for those that do not do their jobs properly or that should not be put in a position they don't know. Guess you just would have been privy to my conversations to know what I really mean.

SassyG,,, I was quite old when I finally got my spunk up and stop people from walking all over me.... in my 60s at least... and now I am even more that way... ....If I say I want privacy,,, I mean it... If I tell them I am allergyic to perfume.... I expect to ask the first person who comes in my room with tons of scent on . to leave...... I break out in hives. and get congested.. otherwise I am a very pleasant person, concerned about the housekeeping staff and if you find something to compliment the candy-striper about.. ( like cute hair-cut) ..I do it. ...
                  now with Hubby's upcoming surgery .. I'm planning on taking home made rolls. or some other goodie to the nurses station . because I do appreciate the work they do... they are the patients life- line.. ( and they have bad days too.. )

Comment

Maye,You should just like me..When i was young..I was shy and quite person..After my mother got real sick..In the 1990's.I had to grow up..And take care of the family....I am too on the perfurme..It give me awful headache..And half sick..If they looke nice..then i will say something..
                    How sweet..He will loved it..Straight from the heart....I do that too..And the nurse they are doing agreat job taking of him..They put up with alot of stuff..And some else is thing of them..

Comment

Well, I did wait.... even a few extra days. I called the clinics on my own, and made my appointments. I let them know (nicely) that the clinics are not identified in their calls and the # they leave only gets me to the switchboard, not the clinic. (I still got calls to make those appointments the next 1-1/2 days, but just ignored them.) They both asked which doctor did my doc want me to see. I told them I had no idea because it wasn't on my print out sheets from my last appointment, just the clinics were mentioned. They had to figure it out or call my PCP, or whatever they do.
                      Boffler, I love your words of wisdom....true, we are not perfect.....I will remember that one! Still, you'd think they'd take one step to reduce the frustration factors.
                      Last edited by JoGee; 01-15-2016, 02:48 PM.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X