Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MEDICAL world..... Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggg!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The MEDICAL world..... Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggg!

They have the technology, but why can't they use it?

In the middle of the night my blood results came in. 4 separate and different sheets of them!
    They are temporarily changing my prescription from 2mg (capsules) daily, to alternating 1mg and .5 mg daily, for 3 weeks, then get another blood draw. I asked the nurse how I deal with the 1/2 portion. She got the doc to write a prescription for her to call in. Duh! This took most of the morning communicating on MyChart.

Oops...the pharmacy can't get that 1/2mg til next week. I need it NOW! So she finds a "connected" pharmacy for me. I check with them...gads, I'm not sure quite what the other girl was telling me, other than "no". So I get my pharmacy to talk with them and straighten it out. They did, and let me know.

So I try to make my lab appointment. Oops, I'm supposed to go on Dec 4, but the order expires tomorrow. 3 phone calls later, the expiration date is fixed, and I have my appointment.

Checked with the "connected" pharmacy to pick up the stupid pills. Oops, there's an insurance problem. Check back in 20 minutes, she thinks she can fix it. It's now after 2 p.m. About time to call her back.

Frankly, I'm ready to go back to bed. Maybe cry a little. This shouldn't be so complicated and frustrating.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

It's 4 pm. I picked up my prescription a little after 3 p.m.
    I've got my next blood draw appointment confirmed.
    6 hours in this day wasted. Totally wasted.
    Technology....a useful thing.....screwed up by the people who can't seem to get it right. Well, not right away. It takes several tries for them to get it all right.

Now, tonight, I have to redo my daily pill container, and get the new order in place.
    This is a critical thing, it's a blood disorder that has recently gone wacky, for whatever reason.

Now I need to sew a button on E's pants. And be thankful for the 3 sane people who got this finished for me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I know what you mean! I won't change my pharmacy because I have people there who know me and know the system! Thank heaven for pharmacy staff and techs who know their business and take pride in it.
      And that pharmacy staff person who did not smile, chat or offer any positive customer service: too bad for her. Dealing with people and their meds, especially when so many come in to pick up for really sick family, means having a compassionate personality.

Comment

Long story short. Doc's fault! He should never presume to make these changes. Contrary to his beliefs, he is not God (more like god ****).
        Because now my blood levels are all screwy! My iron level shot way up (bad), my platelets dropped down (good), my red cells are way, way down and I'm currently anemic (bad), and my white cells are still way too high (???). This is all consistent reaction with my real health problem (PCV). E decided to go to my appointment with him in about 3 weeks, and ask some pointed questions. I'm planning on calling my previous Oncologist's head nurse, if I can, and see what the availability is for changing Oncologist's.
        This is really miserable, and waiting for the appointment already seems like forever.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X