What's with Kroger/Fry's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with Kroger/Fry's?

In the past few months of my shopping there, they seem to be gradually phasing out popular brands. The popular brands they do presently carry, well, there are a limited number of things they stock. The new and store brands they are carrying have a larger selection of things, but they just don't cover some of my preferred items.
    I was looking in the section with plastic bags, baggies, foils, parchment.....but no Wax Paper at all in any brand. No blank spot on the shelf, either. That's crap! I use it between items in baggies that I'm freezing. Foil doesn't do the trick.

I went to get "Act", their mouthwash for sensitive mouths. They had every flavor except for sensitivity. I got Crest for sensitive instead, but it still makes my mouth hurt.

So, hello Safeway, and maybe Albertsons! Right after I register my complaint.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Jo, with today's computer age world and the scanner to keep track of inventory, the managers/owners of the bigger chain stores have no choice in their stock any more. The computer figures out what has been best selling and that is what they are sent. Many times I have asked at the store as to why they no longer stock something and am told "main office says we don't sell enough to make it profitable" Years ago when it was an actual person doing inventory and ordering they could do "special orders" so that even if they had only a couple of people who used something, they could order a case or two of it to have on hand.

Comment

Working...
    X