Anyone ever heard of this or had it happen to their cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever heard of this or had it happen to their cats

I have a solid black cat, no white on him what so ever, he is about 5 yrs. old and recently he got a white whisker on one side, then about two weeks later he got one on the other side, when he looks at you he reminds you of a Walrus...anyone else ever heard or seen this in a cat I will try and get a picture, don't know if I can get it to show...the rest of his whiskers are black and have always been all black.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Boff, like we humans animals get gray hair. Gus is a tiger stripe so unless the light is hitting her just right you can't see hers, Ebil is black and also is a lap cat so hers are noticeable.

Comment

My Merlin cat did that. Poor Lily is getting a bit grey on her muzzle, too, and she is 9.

Comment

It sure looks weird, solid black and the only white on him are those two white whiskers on each side of his face, looks like a Walrus..
        I have always owned black cats and in all my years I have never had this happen to a cat...new one for me. White in his coat or around mouth, etc. but never whiskers..
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Maybe he's going to try out for Santa Kitty. LOL
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Dogs get grey......maybe cats show signs of aging too..
            Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

Yes they usually start showing signs of aging with fur changing color, have never seen any that their long whiskers on each side of their mouth turn white, in fact, never saw whiskers that changed color as they aged and my last cats I had one 21 years and another one 12.

Still just the one white whisker among all the black.

Comment

Working...
              X