Toy for cats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy for cats.

My 2 cats loved this, and played with this together. It was fun to watch.

You need a clean pizza box (medium is what I used), a ball or large jingle bell (or both), and 2"-wide postal tape.
    Cut a hole just smaller than the ball/bell on the right of each side, about 1/2" from the corner. Put the toy(s) inside the box and tape it shut. Put that on the floor. Your cat will soon be reaching inside and batting the toy(s) around.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Jo, all the cat toys around here and Ebil prefers the ring off the milk jugs. Gus is to sophistacaited to play with toys, or so she would make you think. Every so often will walk into a room and she has something playing with it, but as soon as she sees me she stops and gives me the "you didn't see anything" look.

Comment

great Idea Jo

and KadieKat is bored with bought toys... so the pizza box, with bell in side sounds great... she loves sticking her paw under and reaching for hidden things... she also plays with an empty plastic water bottle. ( top back on).. they are light weight and go flying when she belts it..

Karen made the Vet appt. for her neutering next week... glad when that is done ... I do not want an unwanted bunch of kittens... and then if she slips out the door... I will only have to worry about her getting lost ..
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Maye, leave a paper bag (opened) on its side for her. Also, boxes she can climb into. They love to hide in them, and attack imaginary critters in them. It's funny to watch.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Determined, my mom's cat Loves to bat around the milk tabs! And he loves to shred boxes. She doesn't need a scratch pad for him at all. Of course, the house looks a little strange with his shredded box (I don't have to wonder how to get rid of any packages that arrive), and milk tabs in the strangest places!

Comment

One of my cats goes for the milk jug rings and the other plays with dry dog food....I have even caught him eating a bit once in a while! You gotta wonder what goes on in their heads!
            Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Ebil loves boxes and paper bags too. She will get in them but doesn't wait for imaginary prey, she waits for someone to walk past and jumps them. Kenny and my feet are her favorites. Paper bags work for her too. She doesn't like the plastic bags since she had the "onion episode". We had came in from the store and I had sat the plastic bag with a bag of onions down, opened the onions to cook something and before I could get them put in the bin Ebil decided that they would be fun to play with. She somehow got the handle around her neck (not tight) and when she started to walk away the onions followed her, their clumping scared her so she started to run, and they "followed" faster she went streaking through the house and into the bedroom and under the bed, so fast the only thing Kenny saw was a black streak with a white streak behind it. I was laughing so hard that I could hardly save her from them.

My cousin lived with my Mom and his cat loved waded up cigarette packs.

Comment

That reminds me of my grandparents' home. My grandma always had a cat to keep the mice at bay. My uncles would tie a string around the empty cigarette packs, and they'd resemble a bow, and tie a loop on the other end of the string for little hands to hold.. Us kids would have the other end of the string, and we'd walk around dragging that pack. It kept the cat and kids occupied for hours! Before we went home, we'd put the loop over a doorknob, and the cat could still bat at the pack when we left.

The cellophane on the pack made a crackling noise that intrigued the cat, and I think the tobacco smell was kind of a catnip for it. (Not all cats can abide catnip. I had one cat who threw up within seconds any time she was around it!)

Of course the cat liked any stray bits of paper, and bows from gift packages!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Oh, Determined, I nearly wet my pants laughing as I read your story about Ebil and the onions! LOL Cats are so much fun!
                  Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Determined I had something similar happen with my cat, a bag from Bob Evans was paper with one of those sturdy handles, cat did the very same thing and also went under a bed. I have scratching poles for the cats, also one of the carpeted poles with places to sleep or sit higher, they both love that. Their favorite thing they like to scratch is corrugated cardboard things I buy, also have one of those circular things the outside ring has a ball inside that they bat around and around and in the center is also corrugated cardboard.
                    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Boff, my DD has one of those carpeted towers for her cats. She kept it between the bathroom door and a bedroom door. Her cat loved to sit on top, and when anyone walked by, she'd bop them on the head, sometimes tangling someone's hair in its claw.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X