Goodby to neighborhood kitty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodby to neighborhood kitty

I have been 'feeding" a pretty neighborhood cat. she wants to be friendly. purrs. rubs on the glass doors. but is frightened ... not quite a feral cat.. too well cared for to be wild barn cat.
    The little bit of warm milk I gave her was just a friendly gesture ... however....

When I opened the door on Sat.. she sniffed my slipper, and rubbed on it . purring.. when I stepped out of the door . she backed off.(scared again) .. when I bent over to pour the milk she came back . and then lashed out ,claws out. and one very sharp needle claw hit the back of my hand. I nearly drop the glass ... when I got back in the house...I made sure the spot bled out good..and cleaned with alcohol.. but my hand felt terrible. turned black and blue..and swelled .. the first two fingers hurt ,were practically useless for a couple of hours... soooooooooooooooooo.... no more food , no more trying to get friendly with that cat.. she has been back on porch...I'm not feeding . nor talking to her.. She will have to stay home now.

I once had a nurse try to get a needle in that same area.. and she kept missing the vein.. same
    results . so I have never left anyone try inserting needle in the back of my hands ...

I will miss her pretty little face.... maybe it is time to get a kitten?
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Yes, Maye, it sounds like its time to get yourself a kitten or two. :-)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I would say a kitten it is. Too bad about pretty Miss Kitty.

Comment

I hope your hand will be ok. I agree with the others. Time to get your own kitty.

Comment

I, too, agree. I enjoy my cats so much and they are as lazy as I am.
          Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

hubby dear says,,,,, we don't need another cat...

but since when have I ever listened to him about getting a pet ?

winter might just be the right time to get a little one.. get it trained into a house cat...not feel guilty about not letting it outside to play......

Comment

If that cat do not have a family..I would take him to the vet to get him fix.I would to get a little one in the house..i agree with you on the cat..To feel guilty too.

Comment

SassyG...

I had an "indoor" cat for over 10 years.... and I always felt it was unfair to her... not to do what a cat is supposed to do..be free to hunt, climb trees. etcetc.
                but I also did not want her go get on the rode right in front of the house.and get killed.. or get fleas..from the neighbors cat. .. or get into fights with other cats.. so she only got out on the deck and a little bit of the yard .. eventually she became frightened of the road noise. and would run inside...

the kitty that comes... is already neutered. and well cared for. so I think she belongs to some folks on out the road from me..
                so I don't feel bad about not feeding her..

Comment

Working...
                X