my cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my cats

Maye....speaking of mousers, I gotta tell you about my cats in San Antonio.
    Someone had a Siamese cat that had a non-Siamese litter, and was giving the kittens away free. I went there, and my first choice was the Runt, so adorable (but later I came to think she had been a little bit brain damaged). Half the size of the other cats. They convinced me to get a 2nd kitten because the tiny one would need a companion, so I chose a nearly all black one. The runt I named Toodles, because of her funny walk. The other was Shenandoah, or Shen for short, after the area we got her from.
    Shen was the perfect companion/mother to her little sister; knocking her over any time she wailed or missed the litter box. Making her independent. She was the mouser; she caught every mouse that entered the garage and disposed od them before they came indoors. Shen had the bone structure and regalness of a Siamese. Toodles only had Siamese coloring and big blue eyes; her face just round and different bone structure or habits different than any Siamese.

My boss' friend loaned me their blue point Siamese male when Shen went in heat. It turned out Shen had just a litter of one all-black kitten from it. We called it Mickey. Shen took Mickey in the garage one day, and before long I heard a commotion. I opened the door, and in flew Mickey about hip-high to me, getting away from her. There sat Shen in the garage, mouse in mouth, and a bottle lying there with a dead baby mouse in it. (I don't know where THAT came from!). So Mickey was really terrified of mice. Shen disowned him then and there, so a neighbor took him before he felt the rejection too badly.

Toodles had no clue about mousing, wouldn't learn it from Shen, and didn't care about being disowned by her. Her big thing was Potato Chips. If she wouldn't come when called, just break a chip in half. She'd come running full speed to sit by your feet and get that chip!

Like kids, you never know what personality your pets will turn out with.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.
Working...
X