Here chick, chick......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here chick, chick......

That's what I usually end up saying to my niece's chickens as they follow me across the yard so I can feed them. They seem to like it over here as much or more than they do at home.

I think it's because they can scratch in the flower beds, nibble under the feeders and get special feedings of seed every day. When they see me come outdoors they all come running like crazy wobbling back and forth like Weebles as they race to get to me. It always makes me laugh. Of course then I always have to take them to the garage so I can feed them. The all cluster behind me as I call, here chick, chick. There are around 15 of them so I am sure it is quite a sight to see me leading them all across the yard.

I love their soft little clucking sounds as they follow along behind me. And when they line up to eat their fluffy little bottoms are so cute.

That is sweet Kellie. I like chickens, hens mostly. The roosters can be quite beautiful but mean too. Let's face it. I just like animals in general with a special spot for dogs.

I was just thinking...about how they used to call the hogs on the farm when I was growing up. Not quite as cute as those chickens, I can tell you that! lol

Comment

when I lived at home on the farm.. we would raise peeps every spring.. and one of my chores was to go feed them once they got out of the incubator stage... they got used to being fed by a human and would come running and "talking".. and that stayed with them after they become adult chickens... a walk toward the barn later and you would have chickens following you like a girl scout troop.
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
      X